Status: Just getting started!

American Idiot

Holiday

The bus rolled away. Tears falling off my face onto the ground.

“Mellissa don’t worry, everything will be okay.” Heather said trying to comfort me.

“Be okay? BE OKAY?! My brother, the only person I have left is gone and I have no idea when he’s coming home! It could be weeks, months, even years! And you’re telling me it will all be okay?!”

“Mel, you still have us. We’ll be there for you okay? Through school and graduation and everything. Don’t think we’re giving up on you okay?” Will pulled me into a hug while I sobbed even more.

“You know what? I’ll even move in with you Mel. That way you have company and you can help me out if I’m craving weird foods.” Heather stated. I pulled away from Will and hugged her.

“I would love for you to move in.”

“I’m moving in too. You’re my girlfriend and you’re the sister to my best friend, can’t let you both go.” Will joined in on the hug. “I think we better get going back home.” We all separated and headed towards the car. I looked back and saw nothing. The bus was driving into the distance and I felt I was left alone. I know I can’t give up on myself just yet, I know Johnny would be pissed off if he knew I didn’t graduate. I can’t give up, I just can’t. I just hope he doesn’t give up on what he’s looking for either.

Johnny’s POV

I looked out the window while different things passed me by. I was finally out on my own, my own little adventure. I know leaving Mellissa wasn’t the answer but I just had to get out of that shithole. I knew Tunny and Will would be up for it too, but it just sucks how Heather got pregnant all of a sudden and now Will is left behind. At least I still have Tunny to be with me from now on.

“Hey, Johnny?”

“What’s up Tunny?”

“Where did you get these tickets anyway?”

“Oh, well I held up my local convenience store to get the bus tickets.” Tunny looked at me as if he didn’t believe me.

“Actually, I stole the money from my mom’s dresser.”

“Your mom has no money…”

“Actually she lent me the cash. Fuckin’ bitch.”

“She lent you the cash?”

“Yeah, years ago when I told Brad to get out and she told me to get out and gave me money. I kept it just incase and now here we are! To the city!”

“Are you sure you wanna go through with this?” I looked at Tunny with a confused look. “I mean I know you didn’t wanna leave Mellissa and now Will isn’t with us and Heather is pregnant and Mel didn’t look so good when you left her and-”

“What are you so paranoid about man? Mellissa will be fine and I’m sure Will will be there for Heather when she get’s bigger.”

“Bigger?”

“HER STOMAGH YOU DUMB ASS!”

“Oh right the baby yeah.”

“Why did you ask that? Do you want to go back?”

“No no I was just asking.”

“Whatever.” I looked back at the window. I was tired since it was early in the morning. I know Mellissa will be okay, she’s a strong girl. Will and Heather will be there for her I know it.

“So, what are you guys on the bus for?” We looked up at this random guy who began to talk to us.

“We wanted to get out of where we live so we’re going to the city.” I answered.

“Nice, I bet you guys will love it there. I sure love it there.”

“You live there?”

“Hell yeah man. I’m known around the streets.”

“What are you known for?” Tunny asked.

“Me? I’m known as the Mayor of Jingletown.”

“The Mayor of Jingletown?” Tunny and I asked in unison.

“Fuck yeah. Everyone is there for the same reason and let’s just say I started it all.”

“Started what?”

“The scene.”

“The scene?”

“Man you guys ask a lot of questions. Yeah! Just having a good time, maybe when you guys get there you will get what I’m sayin.”

“Um alright then, thanks. How long will it be to get there?”

“Not long my main man, just about another hour.”

“Thanks again.”

“No problem.” He slipped back down into his seat. Tunny and I looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders. This was going to be a very long day.

A couple hours later; around 6pm

Holy shit man. We made it. Well hours ago really, Tunny and I looked around the city for a while and met a few people. This ‘Mayor’ dude decided to show us around and it seemed like a really cool place. Maybe I’ll walk around each night just to get out. I can’t be copped up in a hotel room all day. Tunny and I were looking for a hotel to stay at; so far we haven’t really found a descent place for us. Everywhere it was a tall ass building where it was over $100 and we didn’t have that kind of money!

“Wait, there’s a place over there. It’s small but it should do.” Tunny and I were about 10 minutes outside the city, so this was good. We can walk to different places. Tunny and I proceeded to the little hotel across the street. Well to be honest it wasn’t a hotel, it looked more like a motel but hey, it’s a place to live right?

“Hello, how may I help you two?” The lady behind the desk asked.

“Hi, we need a place to stay for cheap. How much would it cost to live here for a couple months?”

“We don’t charge much, just about $10 every other month.”

“Perfect! A room for two please!” I said with a smile.

“Alright, name?”

“Johnny.”

“Alright sir, you and your friend will stay in room 13.”

“Thank you so much.”

“No problem. Oh, before I forget I’m suppose to hand these out to our guests.” She handed Tunny and I brochures for the U.S. Army. “I know it’s nothing but we just need to get rid of them.”

“Oh okay, well thank you.”

“No problem, enjoy your stay!” She handed us our key and headed to room 13. We found it and opened up the door. Typical little place. 2 beds, 1 bathroom, and a TV.

“Well this will do until we can find something better.” I looked for a trash can and threw the brochure in it. Tunny just walked over to a bed and opened it up. “Why are you reading that?”

“I don’t know. Seems interesting?” He said with a shrug. All I did was close the door and fell onto my bed.

Mellissa’s POV

“I SAID TO LEAVE ME ALONE!” I said slamming and locking the door to my room.

“WHERE’S MY SON?! WHERE DID HE GO?!” My mother started banging on my door. I can’t believe she came back to get more money. She was just here!

“I DON’T KNOW MOM. HE LEFT TO GO SOMEWHERE BUT I DON’T KNOW WHERE OKAY!? HE’S NOT COMING BACK AND IT’S YOUR FAULT MOM. HE LEFT BECAUSE OF YOU AND THAT MOTHERFUCKER BRAD. IF YOU WERE CARING ENOUGH THEN YOU WOULD ACTUALLY CARE.”

“I DO CARE BITCH! WHERE IS MY SON!?”

“I SAID I DON’T KNOW! NOW GET YOUR MONEY AND LEAVE. JUST LEAVE. I DON’T NEED YOU.”

“EXCUESS ME?!”

“NOBODY LIKES YOU MOM. NO ONE.”

“FUCK YOU.”

“FUCK YOU TOO!” I heard her slam the front door. I looked out my window and saw her slamming the car door while her and Brad drove off. I just fell onto my bed crying my eyes out. My mom and I have been fighting for about an hour now and my voice was almost gone. All of a sudden I heard a knock at my door.

“MOM I SWEAR-”

“It’s Will.” I ran up and unlocked my door. I opened my door and ran into his arms crying even more.

“Why did you think I was your mom? Was she here?! Did she hurt you?!”

“NO. No she didn’t but she scared me Will oh my god I can’t even right now. She came to pick up money and started to yell at me and I’m just scared.”

“Don’t be scared. I’m here. Remember I’m here. Heather will be here soon. She went to go visit some friends and pick up stuff for herself. My stuff is here. I’m here. For good okay?”

“Okay.” I cried more and more while Will just held me. I missed Johnny already and it hasn’t even been one day yet. I’m so scared. You have no idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holiday

Okay. I wrote this out of fun. Hope you all liked. I had writers block for this one, so I tried. Sorry if it wasn't good.

Please comment with thoughts so I know if I should continue?