Doves on Fire

Seven Years Later

The bus stopped right infront of my house. Inside waiting for me was my wife, my two adoptive daughters, my son, and my unboorn child.

"Guys?" I called as I opened the door. "I'm home!"

"Daddy!"

"Gee!"

"Dad!"

Those were the three calls of my children, Sadye; 7, Mao; 5 (my two adopted daughters), and G.J.; 5 my only blood son. Until Donny, my unborn baby.

"Hey babies. Where's mom?" I asked.

"Pixie's in the kitchen Gee. She's making Brownies!" Sadye jumped up and down, holding my big hand in her tiny ones. "She won't listen that she is too pregant!"

I laughed. "That sounds like her. Well lets go surprise her aye?" As I said this, all three of them giggled and followed me to the kitchen.
After one hundred fights, a thousand break ups, and way too many "I hate you"s, me and Pixie finally decided to get married.

"You should be---" I started at Pixie as I entered the kitchen.

"Kicking your ass for telling me I should be resting?" she turned around to face me. I smiled bashfully.

"Oh fine. They're done anyway," she sat on the kitchen chairs.

"Ouu!" Mao went to go grab one.

"Watch they're hot!" Pixie warned. Too late, Mao scarfed one down. We waited for the scream of pain, but it didn't come.

"Yum Mommy!" she grinned.

The rest of the kids finished them off, leaving me and Pixie with only two each. They left for their rooms where they would play PS3s and Wiis.

"So, how was the tour?" Pixie asked.

"Boring. I missed you. And I missed the kids."

"Sadye brought it up again."

I made an ":O" face. Sadye, unlike Mao who is perfectly comfortable with this, thinks that we won't have enough love and because she is the oldest adoptive, she will be left unloved and forgotten.

"Talk to her," Pixie said.

I nodded. I walked to the bottom of the stairs and called "Sadye Baby!"

"Gee?" She appeared

"What's wrong baby?"

She shifted a bit. "I'm 7."

"Yes, 7 last month."

"I was adopted."

"Yes 2 months after you were born. You were so pretty. You had you're light strawberry blonde hair and your violet eyes."

"Really?" she asked.

"Yep! I saw you and fell in love with you."

"Really? You're not gonna leave me?" she put out her lower lip.

"Yep. I love ya Sadye."

"But the new baby. He's gonna be your real baby. Like G.J.. And since I'm the oldest, I'll be left out."

"Never! Infact because you are the oldest, you are most special to me."

"You suuure?"

"Positive!'

She ran up to me and hugged me tight.

"Thanks daddy."

I blinked a few times.
This was the first time in all 7 years she ever called me daddy, dad, or anything other than Gee.

"No problem baby."

"I love you."

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
The END END END!