Seventy Times Seven

Chapter 24

Image

When I woke up, Gerard was nudging me and telling me that it was six thirty.

I groaned, "Can you give me a ride home? I need to shower and stuff."

"Yea sure. Can you wake Frank up while I go change real quick?" he asked, running his hand through his hair and standing up.

"Sure sure." He left as I rubbed my eyes. I hate waking up.

I rolled over and saw Frank sleeping peacefully. His hair was messy and his mouth was hanging open slightly. I got an idea, and very carefully put one hand over his mouth, and gently held his nose.

For a while I thought he was dead, but a few seconds later his eyes shot open and he jerked his head, gasping for air. "What the hell?!"

I leaned back on my back and laughed. "I'm so sorry, I couldn't help it."

He sat up on his elbow rubbing his eyes. "You don't understand! I started dreaming that I was drowning..in air!"

I tilted my head, thinking about it. "Hm, that would be scary.."

"Shyea!"

"Get up you two. I gotta take you home so you can get ready and shit."

We both groaned and grabbed our jeans and left to go home and get changed.

Ennnglissh.

Ennglissssh.

Ennngglliissshh.

It has to be one of the most BORING subjects alive. Why do I even care about english? What if I plan on moving to Mexico or something and breeding flamingos?

Yea thats what I'll do. When I grow up I'm gonna move to Mexico and be a flamingo breeder.

I bit my lip. This class kills. I barely have C. Whats really weird, is that out of the entire day, I only have one class with Frank, and thats gym, which is normally split up anyway. Here lately we have it together, because of the Christmas dance and all, but yea.

I did have a few classes with JB however. Actually, I have every class with her except this one and Algebra, which I have next, second hour.

Four more minutes. For more grueling, boring, horrifying minutes of citations.

Wait, are there even flamingos in Mexico?

"Chelsea?"

I wondered my eyes over to the voice, which happened to be Mrs. Heigh, the teacher. She was tall and skinny and had long brown hair. Probably in her mid or early thirties. I never minded her, but she taught english..which immediately named her terrible in my book. No offense..

"Can you come up here for a second," she waved me over as she looked back at her computer and kept clicking a few things.

I got up, trying to think about what I must've done wrong. Maybe my C was now a D or something.

I stood at her desk and she looked back up at me. She had light blue eyes. Hm. Pretty.

"Is you're mom Lisa Penny?"

I nodded, thats my moms maiden name, Penny. Well, her last name again, now that they're divorced.

She gasped and smiled, "I thought you guys looked sort of alike."

I shifted my eyes a little, surprised she was saying that. "Erm..we dont."

She looked at me confused. "Who's your dad?"

"Steven Manson," here it goes. How much do you want to bet she says something along the lines of 'Unbelieveable!' or 'No way!

She gasped, "Oh my god...she married him?!"

I rolled my eyes. I heard that everytime. She must've gone to high school with them or something.

"Well, you two definately look alike. Same eyes, and face..definately same dark hair. Wow, why didn't I think of that before? Whats he doing anyway?" she asked, propping her elbow up on her desk and resting her chin on her hand.

"Um, not sure really, they divorced when I was twelve and I haven't seen him," I replied with a shrug.

"Ah," she replied as the bell rang. "Have a nice day Chelsea. Tell your mom I said hi."

I nodded, even though I probably wouldn't. I forget stuff like that. You know you do too...

For gym, Mrs. Pierce announced that for the rest of the week we'd be watching some movie with the guys instead of going to the gym.

I was kind of happy, this way I could hang out with Frank and not have to run around in the process, or get hit with dodgeballs.

I took a seat in the classroom and he quickly grabbed one from behind me. JB slid into the one in front of me, but I got the idea that she wasnt planning on talking. I think she only hangs out with me because she knows I don't hate her. Which isnt bad. Shes just not the chatty type is all I'm saying. Whatever makes her feel better.

I spun around. "Chelsea Mae!" Frank said in a weird voice. Corey came and sat down in the seat to Franks left.

"Hey Frank. I'm having a New Years party. Do you, Gerard and Ray wanna come?" he asked him. I frowned a little, but I couldn't expect Franks friends to want to hang out with me. Just because Franks my friend, doesnt mean he doesnt have a life outside of me.

"Sure, as long as Chelsea here can go. Oh and can Mikey go? He's Gerards brother." I smiled. Frank is so awesome.

Corey just shrugged, "Yea sure I don't care. My parents are gonna be out at my dads business party so we're all gonna get hammered and party like crazy. It'll be kick ass."

Mrs. Pierce came in and silenced the class so that she could start the movie. I think its about some guy that decides to eat McDonalds for thirty days in a row to see what all the unhealthy shit does to him. I don't know, I didn't pay much attention.

I felt somebody tap my shoulder and I looked back. Frank was shoving a piece of folded paper in my face. I unfolded it and found Frank's scraggly hand writing.

That is, if you would like to go...

I smiled.

Definately. It's not like I have anything better to do.

I handed it back. The guy in the shows wife was vegan. Hm, I wonder how you learn what food contains something from animals and what doesnt. I mean, it's easy to tell what meat is, but theres a lot of things that come from animals.

I felt Frank tap my shoulder again and I grabbed the paper without looking.

Whens you're birthday? Oh, and lets go to the pet store after school!

I laughed a little. What the hell does he want at a pet store!

February 13th. You? And I need to go Christmas shopping. And I need to clean your house. It's Wednesday.

He was quick to write back.

Halloween. (No I'm not kidding). Naturally scary RAR. Buy Mikey a fish and I'll help you clean when we get back.

I rolled my eyes.

Yes very very scary. Why do you want to go to the pet store so bad? I scribbled down quickly.

I heard him smirk, and he tapped my shoulder again.

I like animals and I haven't been in awhile. I want to show you something. We can go to the mall afterwards and shop for Gerard and Ray if you like..

I smiled. Deciding to cave.

Fine, but you're helping me clean.

The movie droned on. Actually, it wasnt that bad. It was kind of funny. It was more of a documentary, but this guy gained like, seventeen pounds in two weeks! Insane. I'm glad I don't eat McDonalds that often.

As the bell rang to release us, I looked over at JB, "Hey are you coming to detention?"

She shook her head no and left. I frowned for a second. Oh well, I'll talk to her about Frank sometime when he's not there, so she doesnt get all defensive.

I got Frank to go get me a bag of chips and Sunny D (you know its amazing), mentally kicking myself for it when I walked into detention and remembered that he wouldn't let me pay for it.

The tardy bell rang and Mr. Clark looked up from his desk. "Where's Nelson?"

"Oh, she was in my gym class last hour. Mrs. Pierce kept her late and was talking to her. She'll be here in a few probably." Where did that come from? Why am I so good at lying? Why did I cover for her? Psht, I amaze myself.

Just then, Frank walked in the door. I shot him a look and he looked over at Mr. Clark, who hadnt noticed him yet, and slowly slid back out in the hallway, walking in the other direction. I absentmindedly started drawing on the creases in my hand with my pencil, so I could keep myself from laughing.

Mr. Clark left soon after that though. Once again telling me how he was going to have Mrs. Jackson watch the door and so on. She must not pay attention though, because monday, Frank, Mikey and Gerard came and I didn't hear anything about it.

Frank came in and laughed, shaking his hair out of his eyes as he put my Sunny D, bag of chips, and two dollars on my desk. "That was almost close."

I smiled, "You retard."

He opened up a bag of chips himself and sat the desk in front of me with his feet in the chair so he was facing me. "Lets play a game."

"What game would you like to play?" I asked, taking a drink.

"How about," he said as he finished chewing, "we just ask each other questions, and the answers have to be yes or no. Ok with you?"

I smiled. I really didn't have anything to hide. I was kind of a loser. The most he was gonna get from me was I got drunk once and puked my brains out the next morning. "Sure. You first."

"Ok, we'll start easy. Have you ever smoked?"

"Nope. My turn now?" he nodded as I thought. "Have you ever done drugs?"

He nodded. "Once, but probably never again. Fucks you up a little."

I laughed and rolled my eyes, "No..really?"

He just smirked. "My turn, have you ever done any drugs?"

I shook my head. He frowned a little. I thought for a next question. "Are you a virgin?" I could almost already bet the answer, but while we were playing...

"No," he replied, taking a drink. "Are you?"

Ha, that wasnt hard to believe. This is Frank Iero. "Mhm."

He scoffed. "This isnt fair! It's not any fun if you haven't done anything naughty or illegal! It makes me look bad!" I couldn't help but laugh. "Have you done anything naughty or illegal?!" he asked with a smile, to show it was a joke.

"Yea." Like, I said, I got drunk once. I was fourteen. "Hm.. Have you ever played strip poker?"

"Where the hell'd you come up with that?"

"Iduno, it was random. Besides, you're only allowed to answer with yes or no, remember?" I argued, eating a chip. "So have you?"

He smiled a little, and I started laughing. Then he asked, "Have you ever played strip poker?"

I shook my head, still laughing, "How far did you get?"

"I do believe you're suppose to answer with yes or no," he said in a professional tone.

I leaned back in my desk, trying to think of a different way to word it. Then I smiled, "Did you lose?"

He looked up at the ceiling for a second. "It depends on if you'd consider it 'losing' or not," he replied, shooting me an infamous smile.

I almost died laughing, as Sunny D threatened to come out my nose.

"Ok, more serious questions now," he replied, still smiling. He put his chips down and hopped down on the chair, so he was sitting in it backwards. He leaned on my desk, his face inches from mine. "Do you miss you're dad?"

My smile faded slowly. I hated talking about dad. "Um.."

"Yes or no."

After a second, I nodded slowly.

"Do you miss your mom?"

I thought about that. Did I like her a little? Sure. But did I miss her? I shook my head no.

"Hm," he replied. Eating a chip and leaning on his hand, staring at the ceiling in thought. "Chelsea Mae, I'm going to make my New Years resolution to find your dad. Deal?"

He glanced down at me, his hazel eyes sparkling, seeing as he assumed I would be happy, as his long hair fell lazily in his face.

A huge smile came across my face. Frankie never ceased to amaze me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. I really wanted to get back into longer chapters. Short ones irritate me. Anyway, for a while it'll be some comic relief shiz nat. That sort of thing. Then in the end..well, lets just say I'm thinking of a sequel. So far, the best title I can come up with is "Phonecalls to New Castle". *smug smile*

Lol, but thats definately a very very long way off (its planned to be anyway) so if it scares you? Don't worry about it, just go along with the story and forget I said anything. Comments own. And so do banners!! I don't have one for the next chap. You know you wanna make one *winks*