Lips of a Liar

The Feel To Help

Jimmy walked down the sidewalk, and went straight to Huntington Beach's park, where he was supposed to meet Matt and Johnny. All Jimmy could think was of how stubborn and cold hearted Zacky was becoming. He did get how Zack felt, feeling rejected, embarrassed. It happened to him twice. But he knew Zacky didn't have to take it far. It both made Jimmy mad and sad to see his best friend do that to his other best friend. He'd been the first one to know how Brian really felt towards Zacky. Every time they hung out, Brian talked about Zacky. Not trash talk, but more like sweet talk. Always saying how much he liked looking at Zacky when he wasn't looking. Jimmy always told him that it wasn't creepy at all, but Brian didn't care. Jimmy knew how much Brian liked Zacky, it hurt him to see them both fighting. He needed to do something, it was this urge to get Brian and Zacky to talk again, and stop their childish fighting. He wanted to do something, and it had to be quick. Jimmy continued to walk, hands in pockets until he reached the park. Matt and Johnny talked amongst themselves throwing little pebbles at the slide. Jimmy's lips formed into a smile when he saw Johnny. It was weird for him to feel such attraction to the kid. To him the feeling was new. It all started when he met Johnny.

Jimmy ran inside the bar where his eyes roamed around trying to find the guy he was supposed to hang out with. He was already twenty minutes late, and the guy he was supposed to be meeting didn't like to wait. The guy was a jerk, Jimmy had to admit it, but he had some good booze and Jimmy wanted to have some. It wasn't much that he wanted to hang out with him, the guy was kind of his dealer. Though it was just booze. He let a sigh of relief escape his lips when he saw him sitting on one of the chairs next to the pool table. He walked towards the guy and looked at the kid next to him.

"Hey there Lance," Jimmy said taking a seat next to him and looking at the kid.

"James, twenty minutes late. I was about to leave. This is Johnny, my friend's little brother. Say hi Johnny."

Johnny waved at Jimmy, smiling and saying a timid hi. That was what Jimmy was most attracted to. His shyness, and all Jimmy wanted to do was be next to him, and get him to get out of his shell.


Since then, Jimmy was lost. He waved at Matt and Johnny as he sat down and began to throw the little pebbles. Though instead of the slide, towards Matt and Johnny. They were small, and Jimmy knew it wouldn't bother them.

"How's Zack?" Matt questioned.

"Stubborn and being a bitch." Jimmy responded his eyes on the ground. "He's going a little far guys. Brian called yesterday, I heard Zacky talking with him and he said they weren't friends."

Matt and Johnny frowned. "You were eavesdropping?" Johnny asked.

Jimmy looked at him and smiled. "Course I was." He shook his head and his smile faltered. "We gotta do something guys."

Matt looked at Jimmy frowning. "What can we do?"

"I don't know, something to get them back together, or at least talking again. I mean last time I talked to Brian, he was devastated guys. He was even about to cry. Zack's taking it too far."

"Yeah that's going to be a little hard." Matt said looking at his hands. "He's friggin' stubborn, mad as hell and well he's Zacky. You heard what he said: He isn't going to let it go easily."

"I know what he said! But he's so fucking amped up on revenge, he doesn't even though he's hurting Brian and himself in the process." Jimmy sighed and shook his head. "We gotta help. Someway."

The conversation was dropped and it was silent after that. Jimmy wanted to do something. He was desperate to do anything to help. He had seen Johnny and Matt nodding, agreeing to help Jimmy help Zacky and Brian. They wanted to help as much as Jimmy wanted, but they knew damn well it was going to take a lot of energy and a lot of patience to help the two of them. Either way, they were willing to do it and weren't backing down. Jimmy threw his head back and closed his eyes wondering why everything went to hell. He had to admit though, it was Brian's fault for doing this. He shouldn't have done what he did, but now he was paying for it and was sorry. Jimmy knew he wasn't lying when he yelled he was sorry when Matt, Johnny and him were kicking his ass.

As Matt punched Brian in the stomach, Jimmy made Brian look at him, his hand in fist form. Brian's lip was bloody, his nose had blood dripping and his eye was getting swollen. Again Matt punched him and that's when Brian broke.

"I'm sorry!" Brian yelled, scaring Matt and Johnny. Jimmy dropped his hands to his sides and stood back, watching as Brian dropped to his knees and pit saliva and blood from his mouth.

"What?" Johnny asked.

"I'm sorry. I was an idiot! God I hate myself for what I've done. I am sorry, so fucking sorry!" Brian sobbed. "Zacky didn't deserve that! He doesn't deserve me. God I'm so, so sorry."

Jimmy walked towards Brian, lifting him up and sitting him down on the sidewalk. He told Matt to buy band aids, alcohol and some towels to clean Brian up. They hadn't beaten him up bad. A few bruises here and there. Jimmy knew Matt hadn't punched Brian with all his might. They really didn't want to hurt him badly that he had to go to the hospital. The only damage was Brian's bruised stomach and what now was forming into a black eye. His nose was bleeding, but it wasn't bad. Lip wasn't bad either. Brian looked at Jimmy and chocked on a sob.

"Jimmy, I'm sorry." Brian said.

"It's not me you have to apologize, Brian." Jimmy said patting Brian on the back. As soon as Matt was back, they began cleaning him up.


Jimmy left the park, back to where he was now living. The house was dark, it was a little after five p.m. Zack's mom wouldn't be home yet. Zacky's brother was probably with Zacky. Zacky hadn't gone to school that day, faking he was sick. Jimmy shook his head when he heard that. He knew the real reason though. He wasn't ready to face Brian. All Jimmy thought was how Zack was becoming the bully. It was a shocking turn of events. It worried Jimmy.

When he opened the door to house, he walked straight to the kitchen, taking a beer and opening it as he walked to the room he was now sharing with Zacky and Matt. He walked inside and looked around. No sign of them anywhere. He saw the flashing light from a phone and walked towards the table Zacky usually did his homework. He looked at the screen, and opened the text message, reading what it said. There was a whole conversation between Zacky and who he assumed was Brian. Angry text messages from Zacky, while Brian stayed calm through the conversation saying sorry repeatedly. It infuriated Jimmy more to know Zacky was so blinded by the revenge towards Brian, that he didn't even realize Brian was truly sorry. And he knew he had to fix that. Jimmy needed to push some sense into Zacky's stubborn head.