Drowning in a River of Denial

Sorry, Babe, I'm Expecting A Call.

Weeks passed, and weeks turned into months and months turned into half a year. Everything with us was okay. No one found out. There wasn’t any surprises and everything was just wonderful. But I could tell Alex was getting anxious. He wanted to tell people. What he didn’t know what that Zack already knew and I’m sure everyone else did. I mean, there was so much tension, both sexual and that specific kind that happens when you’re keeping a secret. It was almost unbearable at times. I couldn’t be around Alex at some points. But time went on and we’d end up in a dark corner, or in a dark bedroom, or the bathroom. Wherever Alex wanted, that’s where we’d go. It was all hushed whispers and quieted moans, fears of whether or not someone would find us. It both thrilled us and frightened us. We didn’t want to stop either. And until we were caught, there was nothing to stop us.

“Alex,” I groaned out as Alex pushed me into the wall of the shower. He turned on the water and peeled off my shirt as it started to soak up the falling the water. He pressed his mouth to mine and tossed the shirt backwards.

“Off,” he grunted, pulling at the button on my jeans. I noticed his hands were shaking too much. I unbuttoned my pants and left the rest to him as he kissed down my neck, then down my chest and torso. I leaned my head back against the wall as he got to the hem of my jeans that were sagging from the water they were soaking up. He unzipped them with his teeth and let them slide down, too heavy to hold themselves up anymore. I stepped out of them and they too were thrown onto the tile behind Alex. He made quick work of my boxers, those too discarded behind him. He stood back up and pressed his clothed body up against my own, leaving wet kisses on my skin. I stifled a moan, biting down hard on my lip. I felt his thumb brush against my lip and draw it out from between my teeth. He kissed my lips and whispered, “Make all the noise you want.”

It was odd how he could go from primal and instinctive to this sweet, gentle lover who cared so much about me. It honestly freaked me out the first time it happened. But I’d grown accustomed to it over the months and it was just something that happened now.

“Alex,” I moaned again as he nipped at my weak spot. He stood back and stripped off his clothes, dropping them on the other side of the curtain, where they plopped loudly against the floor. We didn’t care though. There was too much friction between our hips as Alex started grinding on me, just as he always did.

I gripped his hips and leaned forward to capture his mouth with my own, pressing myself up against him while he pressed me backwards against the wall. That is, until his phone rang on the counter. He drew back.

“Leave it,” I whined, pulling him back to me.

“Sorry, babe, I’m expecting a call,” he answered.

“But. Now, Lex?” I pouted. He smiled and kissed my lips.

“You are too cute. Five minutes, tops.”

With that, he stepped out of the shower, leaving me alone under the lukewarm waterfall. I could see Alex’s form through the semi-translucent shower curtain. He had his phone in his hand, and he was just staring at it. I pulled back to curtain, just a bit and leaned against the wall.

“What’s wrong?”

He shook his head and put the phone back on the counter.

“Nothing. Nothing’s wrong,” he said. He was lying, but the way he turned back to me with a smile and his brown hair sticking to his forehead. I smiled back as he loped seductively across our bathroom and stepped into the tub with me, pushing me back once again into the wall.