Status: Very active. :)

Falling and Failing Is All I Know

Seven

Brian laughed nervously, and started backing out of the room. He had no idea what to think or how to feel about what he’d just witnessed.

“Sorry about that, I’ll just be leaving now,” he said, turning around and slamming the door behind him as he almost ran out of the room.

“Well that was awkward,” Kara said, with an embarrassed laugh.

“Yeah, I guess I could get up now,” Matt said, his cheeks flushing blood red. Brian just had to bust through the door and interrupt them. Now it was going to be even more awkward than it was already going to be.

“That’s probably a good idea.”

Matt stood up slowly, grabbing Kara’s hand and pulling her to her feet.

“Matt, sound check in three minutes,” Jimmy yelled from the front of the bus.

“Oh crap, got to go. We’ll talk about this later,” Matt said, quickly kissing Kara’s cheek before he rushed out of the room and off the bus. Kara waited until she heard the last of the voices drift far away from the bus before she moved from the place Matt had left her.

She slowly brought her hand up and touched the place on her cheek where Matt’s lips had touched her. She smiled to herself. She couldn’t believe how great it felt to be kissed after so long. She began to realize that she had wasted too much of her time on Brian and that it was time to move on. She just didn’t know if it was a good idea for the person she moved on with to be Matt. She definitely didn’t know if it was a good idea to try to do the moving on while she had to be around Brian all the time. What if she just ended up hurting Matt and possibly herself?

Slowly, she turned and grabbed her IPod off of her bunk, popping the earbuds in her ears and making her way off the bus. She scrolled through the many bands listed on the small screen before finding the newly added Avenged Sevenfold songs and clicking. She turned the volume up loudly and she lost herself in the music.

Before she even realized how late it was, she saw the sun sinking below the horizon. She looked around and noticed that she was standing near a grassy area that was close to the buses. She fell backwards into the grass, staring up at the sky. She watched as the colors slowly faded away and the sky turned to black. She watched as the billions of stars started filling up the night sky. It was so peaceful.

She was completely zoned out from the world, when one of her earbuds was jerked out of her ear. Startled, she looked up, to see a smirking Roxanne.

“So, you and Matt?” she asked, sitting down next to Kara.

“Well not really. It’s not official or anything,” Kara said, realizing that she didn’t know exactly what to say about what had occurred between herself and Matt.

“Oh. Well just so you know. He’s great in bed.”

“What the hell?”

“Oh yeah, so much better than Brian.”

“What are you? Fucked in the head? I can’t believe you.”

“No I’m not, I just love to have fun.”

“Actually, do you want to know what would be fun?”

“What’s that?”

“If you went and stuck your head in that fountain over there and didn’t come up until I counted to a million, twice.”

“Funny. You might want to watch yourself around here. This is my territory. I will eat you alive if you’re not careful.”

With that Roxanne stood and walked away into the darkness.

“I hate that stupid-” Kara started mumbling angrily into the night.

“Talking to yourself?” Matt’s voice asked from somewhere behind her in the darkness.

“Oh, no. I’m not that crazy.”

“Of course not.”

Matt jumped up and landed on his back in the soft grass. Kara fell back again so that she was laying right beside him.

“The stars are beautiful tonight,” Kara said, staring at the stars again.

“Not nearly as beautiful as you,” Matt said. It might have been extremely cheesy, but it made Kara smile. He grabbed her hand and laced their fingers together. Kara looked down at their entwined hands and then up at Matt.

“Can I ask you something?” Matt said quietly.

“Of course you can.”

“Where do we go from here? I don’t want to screw things up with anyone.”

“I guess we just take it slow, ease into things. We can see how everyone else is going to react before we make a commitment to anything.”

“Does that mean I can’t kiss you again?”

“Not at all,” Kara said, looking over at Matt and smiling.

Without another word Matt pulled Kara closer to him and pressed their lips together once again. Kara’s heart starting beating faster and she happily took in every second of that kiss. It had been so long since she had allowed herself to be in this position. She really didn’t know what to do with herself. She just hoped that she didn’t end up getting hurt again or hurting Matt.