Status: I Have A Virus. No Updates For A Little. Sorry :\

A Tantalizing Kiss

Game Night

“Mase, you’re in for Levi.” Coach said, looking down at the play in his hands. I glanced at the clock, pulling my shirt back over my head.

The lights lit up the field, illuminating the players as they chased the ball down. My eyes scanned the audience briefly for any sign of Rose as I jogged into the field. I just made it halfway when the ball came soaring to me.

It clocked off of my forehead and over to Rodger.

He grinned at me for a moment before dribbling the ball in the opposite direction, towards the opponents’ goal.

I got ahead as number 16 on the other team went to get the ball in his possession. Rodger noticed my location. We’d done this move countless times before.

He shot the ball between the opponent’s legs in my direction. I stopped the ball with the inside of my foot, kicking it to James who stood near the goal.

James caught it mid-air with his head, bouncing it straight up. As it fell down, all eyes watched as he raised his foot, connecting with it. The ball soared up, creating an arch that was dangerously high for this to work.

It seemed as if it was in slow motion.

Their goalie reached his hands up, jumping as if to stop the ball. He was just barely too late for it. The ball soared up over top of his finger tips, just brushing past them. We watched as it spun towards the net, banging sharply off the top bar.

It rocketed back into play, heading straight towards me.

But my eyes were distracted on something else.

The cute little blonde sitting on the bleachers directly across from me, her body strained forward, eyes holding my own.

The ball bounced painfully off the side of my head.

I didn’t see what happened next as I was slammed into my side.

I landed on the ground painfully as my team mates tackled me. I laughed, struggling to push them off. They kept piling on.

The crowd roared.

I slipped out from under them, laughing. I grabbed Rodger’s hand, pulling him free from the pit of victors.

He linked his arm through mine, spinning us around, “We’re going to the State Cup! We’re going to the State Cup!”

I laughed, singing the ridiculous tune with him.

“We’re going to the State Cup! We’re going to the State Cup!”

“Off the field, you idiots!” Coach called from the side, a broad grin spread across his lips. I tugged on Rodger’s arm, dragging him with me as we lead our team off the field.

Our team gathered around our Coach, everyone grinning broadly. Coach could barely contain his excitement as he spoke.

“We’re going to the state championship tournament.” He grinned.

We all cheered.

“Take the weekend off. Have a little fun. Not too much.” He warned, glancing at a few select people, “Practice is about to get a hell of a lot harder boys.”

“Who cares?” Someone yelled opposite me.

Coach laughed, “That’s the spirit. Go have fun kids.”

We scrambled up, heading across the field towards our families, unable to keep from grinning idiotically.

I pushed past my teammates families, searching for the blonde.

“Mason!”

I turned my head towards the sound of the voice, my eyes falling on my lone sister. She waved me over. I jogged lightly that way, out of breath from the vicious game I had just played.

She wrapped her arms around me, “I’m so proud of you, Mason!”

I hugged her back, laughing, “I can’t believe it!”

“You weren’t even paying attention! You won the fucking game and you weren’t even paying attention to it!”

“I know!”

She laughed, ruffling my hair. I rolled my eyes, going to ruffle hers back when she dodged, a dangerous look crossing her eyes.

“Touch the hair and you’re not going to the championship tournament.”

I ignored her threat, ruffling it anyways.

“You little brat!” she hissed, trying to fix it. I didn’t miss the smile that dashed across her lips, though.

My sight vanished.

Two hands clamped over my eyes, a body pressed against my back.

“Guess who?” A soft voice whispered in my ear.

I turned around; my grin growing wider, if that was even possible. Rose moved her hands to wrap around my neck, hugging me. I wrapped my arms around her waist, lifting her up off the ground.

I spun us around in a circle, her giggling as she tightened her grip around my neck.

Setting her back on her feet, I loosened my grip.

Rose pulled back, smiling, “Congratulations, player.”

“You came.” Was all I could say.

“Of course I would.” She rolled her eyes. “I said I would, didn’t I?”

“I didn’t think you actually would.” I laughed.

“How’s your head?” She smirked, “You took a nasty blow from that ball. Can’t really afford to lose anymore brain cells now, can you?”

“You’re such a bitch, Doll.” I surprised us both by pecking her cheek. “But thanks for coming to the game.”

Rose’s cheeks lit up red. She was speechless, flabbergasted.

Joey cleared her throat obnoxiously loudly. I turned around, an innocent grin on my face. I pulled my hands back from Rose’s waist, not having realized they were still there.

“And who’s this girl, Mason?” Joey asked, a little offended I hadn’t properly introduced her to Rose.

I turned my body to face my sister and wrapped an arm around Rose. She fell into my side slightly.

“Joey, this is my friend Rose.” I introduced, “Rose, this is my sister Joey.”

Rose stuck her hand out, “Hi.”

“Nice to meet you Rose.” Joey smiled politely. I could tell by her eyes that once we got home, I was going to be nailed with questions about her.

“Same to you, Joey.” Rose returned the smile.

Joey’s eyes turned to mine, “Mason, are you going to go out with your team in celebration tonight?”

I glanced back at my team who had formed a small cluster. It was tradition that for every victory we would go to Red Robin’s for a late dinner.

My eyes turned back to the girl in my arm, “Rose, you hungry?”

“A little, why?”

“Care to join us in celebration of our amazing victory?” I grinned stupidly, really hoping she’d say yes.

She narrowed her eyes, opening her mouth slightly when my sister cut her off.

“You two go out and have fun.” Joey said. “I’m going to head home. I’m ridiculously beat.”

“Joey, you’re not coming?” I asked, slightly glad. Yet, I felt bad. Normally she would go with Caden, sitting in a booth on the other side of the restaurant.

She shook her head.

“Are you sure?”

She nodded, “I think I’m going to call up an old friend and have a little girl chat with her. It’s been a while.”

“Alright.” I said hesitantly. “You’re coming though, right Rose?”

She sighed, rolling her eyes, “I guess.”

I poked her side, causing her to squirm. “What was that?”

“Yes, I’m coming!” She ducked out from under my arm, stepping away. I laughed, giving my sister a hug good bye.

“Here are the keys for the car. I’ll catch a ride home with Rodger.” I held out the keys to Joey’s beat-up car I had used to get here.

She shook her head, “Keep it. I’ve got my own ride.”

“You’re not using his car still, are you?”

She nodded, “He gave it to me. The fucker’s going to have to deal with the fact that I need it to get around.”

I sighed, but didn’t argue.

“Bye bro.” She hugged me. “Use a condom.”
I sighed, “Damn, I wish it would get to that point. She won’t even go on a date with me, no matter how many times I ask.”

Joey rolled her eyes, “Go get a booth with her tonight. She’s a cute one. I’d like to see her more around.”

“You’re weird.”

Joey shrugged.

“Mason, are you coming?” Rose called, already a good distance away from me. I glanced back at my sister before waving good bye, jogging over to the beautiful little blonde halfway across the field. I wrapped an arm around her waist once I caught up with her, unable to resist.

“You look cute tonight.” I commented, my eyes traveling down her body.

She shoved me playfully. “Shut up.”

Rose wore a plain white, long sleeved shirt with a rather low neckline. Not that I was complaining. She matched it with a pair of dark denim shorts, the edges frayed. I casually made an attempt to slip my hand into the back pocket of her shorts.

“Mason! Hand!” She hissed, pulling my arm off of her.

I pouted, “You suck, Doll.”

“Just be glad I came.”

“Oh, I am.”

“Where are we going to celebrate?” She asked as we neared the team.

“We usually go out to Red Robin’s as a team. But everyone ends up breaking off into our own groups once we get into the booths.” I shrugged. “It’s not bad. You won’t regret it.”

She nodded.

“Is your car parked here?”

“No, I just stayed after school.”

I raised an eyebrow, “The game was like four hours after practice ended. Why didn’t you go home? And better yet, how the hell did you change from when I saw you at rehearsal?”

She laughed, “You’re an idiot, Mason. I was being sarcastic.”

I looked away, hiding the blush on my cheeks. “Oh.”

“No, my dad dropped me off here.”

“I never met your dad.”

“Be glad.”

“No, I want to meet your dad!”

She shook her head, “Oh trust me. You don’t. He’s a cranky old asshole who only thinks of ways to get me out of the house.”

“It can’t be that bad…”

“It is. You know what I told him to get him to drive me here?”

“What?”

She turned so that her body stood before mine. Her eyes held mine, all seriousness in her face, “I told him I was getting tutoring. Tutoring on a Friday by a teacher at seven o’clock. That doesn’t happen. He went with it.”

I chuckled, “You’re kidding.”

“I kid you not.”

“Wow. Some dad you’ve got.”

She nodded in agreement. Rose moved around so that she was by my side once again, leading the way as we walked towards my team.

~*~

We arrived at the restaurant forty minutes later, a mob of thirty kids storming in. The hostess’s eyes widened as she called over her shoulder for back-up.

I kept Rose by my side as we forced our group inside of the building.

“Excuse me, miss?” I called, lightly touching the hostess’s shoulder. She turned around, her eyes landing on me.

“Yes, sir?”

“Don’t worry about getting everyone in one spot. Just spread them out and they’ll settle in where ever they can.”

She smiled weakly, “Of course.”

I backed away.

Rose crossed her arms, staring off at the doors to the kitchen in the back of the restaurant. I frowned slightly.

“What’s wrong?”

She looked at me with innocent eyes, “Hmm? Oh, nothing. I uh… I’m just really hungry, you know?”

I studied her for a moment, before dropping it. Something was bugging her, but I had a feeling Rose wouldn’t talk to me about it.

Fifteen minutes later, Rose and I were sitting in a booth across from Rodger and Levi. She sat on the inside, her leg touching mine. Her eyes were focused on the menu before us.

The waitress walked over to our table, a pad of paper in her hands. She cocked on hip, chewing gum obnoxiously in her mouth.

“I’m Candice. Can I start ya’ll off with something to drink?” She asked in a bored tone of voice, looking at Levi first.

“Coke?”

“Coke?”

“Coke?”

She looked at Rose.

“Uhm… can I get a water?” She asked softly.

“What, hun?”

“Water?” Rose spoke louder.

She scribbled down our drink orders, walking away.

Rodger leaned forward, a serious look on his face. His eyes moved back and forth between me and Rose. “So how long have you two been fucking each other?”

Rose’s eyes widened. “E-excuse me?!”

I draped an arm around her shoulders, smirking. I knew Rodger was only doing it to mess with Rose, but I couldn’t resist playing along with the game, “Few weeks.”

“Mason!” She hissed, giving me a look. Her eyes were wide with surprise.

“Rose, sweetie, I don’t want to keep hiding it.” I said. I turned to Rodger, trying to hold back my laughter, “She’s a freak in the sheets.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed [: