Status: I Have A Virus. No Updates For A Little. Sorry :\

A Tantalizing Kiss

Almost Ready

I didn’t see Rose much for a few weeks.

Soccer had come to a close, despite one weekly Saturday practice to keep us in shape. Coach didn’t see a reason to continue if we had nothing to practice for. None complained. The Saturday practices had started to become more of a scrimmage between teams. Coach didn’t seem to mind either. A few times he would join in and play along with us.

It was a nice break from the intense practicing we had done through-out the year.

The play had started to consume more and more of my time as we neared opening night. I still hadn’t told Joey about this, claiming that I had soccer. Guilt tugged at the back of my mind for lying, but I knew I would never live it down if she knew I was in a play.

Even if she’d only see me in the chorus parts.

Stein had started to only focus on the actual cast, forgetting about the rest of us. Most of the understudies and parts of the chorus dancers sat in the back of the auditorium, only coming to say we came. Almost everyone left by four, an hour earlier than supposed to.

I knew my parts, but I also knew Pierce wouldn’t miss the play if his life depended on it.

Since Rose had gotten an actual part, she was forced to stay longer and rehearse. I tried to wait for her in the beginning, but it made me sick to watch Pierce flirt with her. Rose was good about trying to avoid him, but somehow he always managed to catch her at the end of the rehearsal.

If that wasn’t enough, Stein seemed to always want to go over the kissing scene. Thankfully, Pierce didn’t play Raoul, but it infuriated me to have to watch her kiss the other actor every day.

Thankfully, I still managed to get all of her attention in Drama class and in study hall. I hadn’t asked the question for her to be my girlfriend, but I couldn’t wait to. I knew now would be a bad time. She had almost all her attention focused on either her academics or her theater.

It was now Thursday, the day before opening night.

As I walked out science, I felt an arm sling around my shoulders. My head turned to the side to see my best friend grinning at me.

“Are you nervous?”

I tilted my head back, groaning, “Shut up, Rodger. No I’m not nervous.”

“Tomorrow’s opening night!”

“I don’t have a damn part.” I shoved him off of me, laughing.

“Then what’re you doing in the play?”

“I’m in the chorus.” I shrugged, stopping at my locker to grab a few books.

“Getting shown up by your woman?” He shook his head tsking me, “That’s not a good thing. You have to be the man, Johnson. Show her whose boss.”

“You’re such a dick.”

He shrugged, crossing his arms, “That’s how I get all the ladies.”

“What ladies?” Leah snorted, coming up behind us.

“You.” Rodger wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her against him. She giggled, giving him a quick hug, before pulling back.

“You’re full of it, Rodge.”

“Not after this morning.”

I raised an eyebrow giving him a questioning look. He thrusted his hips inappropriately twice, grunting.

“Who?” Leah asked.

“Tia Morrison.”

“You’re such a liar.”

“I’m serious!” He argued, “I went over to her house last night. It was a crazy night. Fell asleep there, and when I woke up, it was cause she was pumping me already.”

“Always knew she was a whore…” Leah mumbled.

I laughed, “Whatever floats your boat, bro.”

He frowned, annoyed that we didn’t believe him.

“Listen, guys, are either of you two headed to the freshman wing?”

Rodger and I exchanged looks, shaking our heads no. “Why?”

“My damn math teacher is having us meet in room 108 today and I can’t remember where the hell that is.”

Rodger snickered, “Sucks to be you.”

She rolled her eyes, “Whatever, wish me luck.”

Leah left just as quickly as she had arrived.

Rodger turned his attention back onto me, reaching into his back pocket. His mouth spread into a devious grin as he pulled out rectangular piece of paper, familiar printing on it.

My eyes widened in shock.

“You didn’t.”

“Saturday night’s show.”

“Bastard.”

“That’s not the best part.”

I swallowed nervously, waiting for him to continue.

“I convinced the rest of our soccer team to go.”
I was going to kill Rodger. “Why the hell would you do that? Do you want me to get killed by them?”

“Yes.”

Such a simple answer made me want to punch my best friend in the face.

I glared at him, crossing my arms, “You’re a dick Rodger. I’m only doing this for the damn extra credit in her class.”

“My grade’s worse than yours and I’m not doing it.”
“You don’t have a sister that would bitch your ass off if you failed another course.” I argued defensively.

“Speaking of sisters…”

Rodger reached into his backpack, pulling out another one of the play tickets, nearly identical to the one in his hand.

“This one is for her.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

He grinned, “It’s right next to my seat. I bought them together, figuring you’d never tell her about your drama experience.”

“Give me the damn ticket.”

He shook his head, stuffing it back into his bag, “Ah, ah, ah. If I give it to you, I know it won’t get to Joey.”

“I’ll strangle you.”

He only grinned, slinging his bag back over his shoulder. “I have to get to my class now. I’ll make sure to get the ticket to your sister!”

Rodger quickly dashed off.

“Prick!” I called after him, slamming my locker closed.

Joey would be furious that I hadn’t told her I was in a play, and even more mad when it was Rodger giving her the ticket. I knew that especially because she was beginning to get more and more hormonal this wouldn’t end well.

With a sigh, I headed slowly down the hallway to my last class of the day.

~*~

“This is no time for games, Anthony, that curtain needs to be closed right after the chandelier falls!” Mrs. Stein snapped at the boy in charge of opening and closing the curtain.

We were in the middle of dress rehearsal. It was six at night and we had just finished the second time running through the first act. Stein was using the intermission time to lecture us on our mistakes. She was having both people playing the role.

It was taking quite a while to run through an act.

While her attention was mostly focused on the main actor, she and the other directors knew they needed the understudies to be prepared in case we were needed.

I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to be needed or not. It would’ve been nice acting with Rose, but the embarrassment I would receive from Rodger…

Macy raised her hand. “Mrs. Stein, can we take a water break? My voice is getting tired from singing so much.”

Stein rolled her eyes, but reluctantly agreed. As the cast stood up, I grinned leaning and whispering in her ear, “Thanks Mace.”

I had grown accustomed to calling her the same nickname I was called. Our names were so similar, we had adopted the nickname together.

She smiled back, “Any time. She was giving me a headache anyway.”

Macy and I walked out to the lobby together. My eyes scanned the crowd in search of Rose, but came up short. I sighed inwardly, but turned my attention to the attractive brunette at my side. Macy and I had grown closer over the past few weeks as Rose and Pierce were forced to work later than the rest of the cast.

Macy had a rebellious side to her that I wouldn’t have guessed. She would leave during one of the scenes and come join the rest of the cast in the back of the auditorium.

“Are you nervous?” She asked, leaning against a wall. I smirked, leaning my side along the same wall. Macy had to tilt her head to see me.

“Please. I’m only in the chorus.”

“What if Pierce doesn’t show up?”

I chuckled, “How likely do you think it will be that he doesn’t show up? He’s more dedicated to this than trying to convince us he’s not a homosexual.”

She snorted, rolling her eyes, “He’s straight.”

“I know, but he doesn’t act like it.”

“He’s been hitting on Rose ever since she moved here.”

A scowl crossed my lips at those words. Macy smirked, knowing she’d struck a nerve. She was fully aware of my attraction to Rose, yet she continued to taunt me about it. I knew it was in a joking matter, but she always managed to anger, or embarrass me.

“Yeah, well, at least I don’t have to worry about her going after him. She has to be able to see his true sexuality.”

“You’d be surprised at some of the stuff he’s done, Mase. Not everyone is as full of testosterone as our soccer star.”

I flexed confidently, smirking, “Yeah, I guess that just makes me more of a man than that little pussy.”

She only giggled, flicking her hair over her shoulder.

“Didn’t you and he fool around one time?” I crossed my arms, grinning because I knew this was something that would embarrass her as well. It may have been the only dirt I knew about her, but it was enough for me.

Now it was her turn to scowl at me. “You are such a jerk.”

“I know.” I poked the tip of her nose with my finger.

Stein entered the lobby, clapping her hands to grab everyone’s attention. She instructed us to come back in and continue our practice. Reluctantly, the crowd obliged, following her back inside of the auditorium.

I found Rose sitting on the edge of the stage with Pierce chatting away. A surge of jealousy flooded through me.

Despite the fact that I knew she would never go after Pierce—especially when we were so close to becoming official—it irked me immensely to know that they still talked.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, and I pulled it out, reading the text from my sister. By the tone of the text, I could tell she was irritated.

‘R U ever coming home?’

I discreetly sent her a response.

‘Patience, Sis.’

Hopefully, she wouldn’t be too pissed about my smartass response to her.

Stein spent the rest of the rehearsal sharpening our every step. Everyone was getting annoyed with her quickly, if they hadn’t been already. The only thing that kept me going was that in three days it’d be over. I would only see her once in school for Drama class. Not for an additional two hours every day after school.

She finally ended our last practice at eight in the evening. The only reason for that was that most of the students were complaining they’d have no time for homework if they stayed any later. She didn’t seem to think our academics were as important as our performance.

For the first time since Soccer ended, I walked with Rose out to the parking lot.

Her blonde hair was pulled back into a high ponytail, bouncing along as we walked out. Her perfect little ass led the way to her car, parked at the opposite end of mine. Rose glanced over her shoulder, smiling.

“Why are you walking so slowly?”

“Just admiring the view.”

She rolled her eyes, turning around to face me. With her hands on her hips she waited impatiently for me to catch up. I frowned slightly at the new view, thought I couldn’t complain at that either.

I didn’t stop walking until I had slipped my arms around her waist, holding her body as close to mine as we physically could.

Rose seemed surprised by my sudden display of affection, wrapping her arms around my neck and hugging me back.

“Are you ok, Mason?” Her dulcet voice rang through my ears softly.

“I’m fine, Doll.”

We hugged for a few minutes before Rose started to pull back. I released her just enough to see her face, keeping my arms wrapped around her. She tilted her back to get a better angle at my own face.

“Saturday’s our last performance night, correct?”

She nodded.

“I’m taking you to dinner afterwards.”

“It will be eleven at night.”

“So?” I smirked, “Late night dinners seem to be our thing, Miss Simpson.”

She giggled. “I guess I can squeeze you into my schedule.”

I hesitated a second before pressing my lips against hers softly. Rose froze for a second before unthawing and moving her mouth against mine. Our lips moved in sync as I kissed her. It was a slow kiss, but not lacking in the passion.

Rose wound her fingers through my hair, holding my head against hers. Her warm lips felt so good against my cold ones. The warmth of her breath mixing with my own. Her taste was amazing. I felt addicted.

She pulled back, biting her bottom lip in a smile.

“Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.” I grinned boyishly.

“Can you ever?”

I pouted, “You don’t seem to appreciate how hard I’m trying to be good for you, Miss Simpson. I don’t like that.”

She giggled, “Oh, I’m sorry. It doesn’t even seem like you’re paying attention to me when I’m up there.”

I moved my hands down around her perfect little ass, cupping it tightly. She jumped at my touch, but didn’t move. “I’m constantly fighting the urge to go up there and fuck your brains out, Rose Doll.”

“Isn’t that romantic?”

“You’re so sexy when you’re sarcastic.” I teased.

She pulled out of my grasp, shaking her head, “You really know how to win a woman’s heart, Mase.”

“Hey, I’m getting yours.”

“You’re such a joker.”

I grinned foolishly.

“It’s getting late, and I really do need to get home though. Thanks for walking me out to my car.” She smiled gently.

“No problem.”

Rose wrapped her arms around me, giving me a quick hug.

I couldn’t wait until this damn play was over to ask her out. I felt like a lovesick puppy, but damn she had my mind in a whirl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! An update!! New one sooon, I swear!