Sequel: Don't Stop Now
Status: Finished

Break Me Down

One

Lilly Brock, once known as Evelyn Frances Trotter, but that is a chapter of her life she likes to forget. At only twenty one years old she had already been through a lot in the first quarter of the whirlwind which is life. She has two elder brothers, one which she is very close to. When a family circumstance pushed her older brother Kennedy to change his name, she changed her surname to match his as an act of unity. They were always a close pair growing up due to the small age gap and that did not falter once when growing up to the present point in time.

There was a time when Lilly was the academic bright spark, following her dreams to become a forensic psychologist by going to college. She gave up that dream a couple of months ago sadly, an incident occurred leaving Lilly with depression and anxiety, her grades suffered as a result so right now Lilly was in her bedroom where she had spent the last couple of months going over the harrowing experience which changed her life.

“I really don’t feel good,” Lilly moaned to William who had been a close friend of hers ever since she started college two years prior.

“I know, let’s take you home.” William guided Lilly back to the apartment he knew well and smiled when he saw Lilly half conscious. He had always had a crush on Lilly and now she was drunk he was planning on using it to his full advantage. Lilly woke up the next morning naked and sore. She had no idea what happened or how she got home. Hysterical she called the one person she could count on but he happened to be miles away, despite his best efforts a hysterical Lilly aced impulsively and ended up in hospital with an aspirin overdose. Kennedy came rushing to her side and took her home the next day but had to leave shortly after again for tour.

Lilly hadn’t done much in terms of life; she applied for a few jobs without success so spent almost all of her time on her laptop refreshing various pages all day waiting for something to happen. Of course that left her with a lot of time to think or in her case wallow which wasn’t doing her any favors in terms of her anxiety or depression, both of which she was taking medication for.

Kennedy sighed on entering his house, his younger sister wasn’t on the ground level of the house which meant one thing, she was in her room again. Sick of her antics he charged up the stairs and burst in to her room to see Lilly at her laptop sighing.

“I could have been naked for all you know Ken.” Lilly groaned knowing her brother was going to try to get her to go outside like every other time he came over.

“I’m staging an intervention.” Kennedy crossed his arms over his chest and looked down at the almost identical hazel eyes to his. It made his chest ache slightly ever y time he looked into those hazel pools, they used to once sparkle and be full of life. Now every time he looked into them he just saw a dullness and despair, sometimes a cry for help.

“I don’t need an intervention I don’t do drugs, I hardly drink anymore...”

“That’s exactly the point Lil! Name a place where you have been in the past two months which isn’t either the grocery store or Starbucks cause I sure as hell can’t think of one.” Kennedy sighed when he saw his younger sibling jump; he didn’t mean to raise his voice at her knowing how much she hated it but the frustration built up inside him.

“Lilly I’m worried about you, you need to get back out there, I think you’ll get a lot better when you have something to get up for in the morning.”

“You’re right; I have nothing to look forward to.”

“I want you to come with me and the guys on tour. Not because I want to keep an eye on you but because you need to get back out into the world again. This is for your benefit Lilly.”

“Kennedy I... I really don’t know about this.”

“You know you don’t have a choice. We leave at seven am I will set rat boy on you at 6.” Kennedy smiled down at Lilly knowing she knew he was being serious.

“Are you sure it’s just because you want to keep an eye on me. I’ll just get in the way!”

“I don’t care we’ll find you shit to do. Helping you help yourself yeah?”

“Helping me help myself? You’ve been spending way too much time with John bro.” Lilly smiled at the thought of seeing all the boys again. She got on with all the boys well both in the band and on the crew. She didn’t go on tour often; she went on Warped for a couple of weeks once but rushed home when she had enough of not showering. Whenever they were home was when she spent quality time with them all, swapping stories over a few drinks and plenty of laughs. It was moment like that which she cherished, all the guys took her on as a friend rather than Kennedy’s sister, she was a person in her own right to them and she loved them for it. When they all found out what had happened to Lilly the boys got protective of her and she wouldn’t be surprised if they cried for her, Garrett and John even fell in part in front of her. Pushing the nightmare flashback from her mind Lilly quickly replaced it with a good memory of her tagging along with the guys to the Inside of You video and watching the guys get made up.

“Okay Kennedy, you get your way again.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a new story, it's actually completed all I have to do is post it. Expect 2 updates a week most likely every Saturday and Wednesday if not there still will be 2 a week.

Comments are appreciated