Status: This one is going on fast, I already have a few chapters written, This next week I'll Update

Light of Things

Pregnancy Hormones

Teresa, quería que supieras que tu eres 100% responsable de mi muerte ya que no te voy a dar el placer de verme en agonía…

Teresa, I wanted you to know you’re a 100% responsible for my death. I just don’t want to give you the pleasure of seeing me in agony.

Aunque mi nombre no continúe con tigo, sigues siendo mi hija y nadie nunca debe saber lo que has hecho de mí. Me has dejado en las ruinas pero pagaras como todos los demás

Though my name will not continue on with you, you’re still my daughter and no one can ever know what you’ve made of me. You’ve left me in ruins but you will pay like everyone else.

Para qué sepas, no me arrepiento de nada, nada me dolió. Nunca quise ser padre, sabía que seria pésimo; aun así te adore. Eras una niña Hermosa, en tu manera perfecta. Pero nunca me respetaste, y eso no va bien con migo.

Just so you know, I don’t regret a thing, nothing hurt. I never wanted to be a father, I knew I’d be awful at it. Still I adored you. You were a beautiful baby girl, in your way perfect… but you never respected me and that doesn’t go well with me.

me entere que pronto te casas. Quiero desvanecerme antes de verte feliz. Sé que no voy a aguantar y voy a querer arruinarte el día así que me despido antes.

I Heard you are getting married. I want to banish away before seeing you happy, I know I won’t be able to control myself and I’ll try to ruin your day so I’m saying good bye before this happens.

tu madre no tiene nada ya, ella tampoco aprendió a respetarme. Que tengas una buena vida, ya no hay nadie que te lastime.

Your mother owns nothing now, she never learned to respect me either. Have a good life, there’s no one to hurt you now.

-Roberto Derulo


I read the letter he left for me before hanging himself from the railing of the second floor inside his house, right in front of his open casket.

“you bipolar prick!” I said through clenched teeth “it doesn’t hurt as much as I thought it would,” I shred the letter to pieces and put it inside his vest. “I’m glad you’re dead because I will be a mother soon and my child will never know what a horrible grandfather he had,” with that I walked out of the room of the funeral home and just as quick out and into the fresh air where Matt stood by the door waiting for me.

He grabbed my hand and we went to walk away;

“Teresa!” I heard my mother call out for me. I took a deep breath;

“what?”

“you’re free,” she smiled standing in front of me. I could almost see a dark shiner on her left eye and a scar over her lip covered with red lipstick. Still she looked a 1,000 times better than the last time I had seen her.

“so are you,” she nodded smiling “you’re also broke,” I needed to know how changed she was;

“I don’t care, I’m me,” I sighed;

“fine, you’re not broke,” I searched inside my purse for a card “my lawyers got you the 40% he owned when Matias tried to alter the will to keep 20%, just call and they’ll give you your documents,” she took it in shock;

“I don’t deserve it princesa,” my heart skipped a beat when she called me the nickname she had given me as a child. Something told me that the image I had of her was made by him, still I couldn’t fall for it;

“no, you don’t, I was feeling charitable, maybe it was the pregnancy hormones, I don’t know,” she smiled widely;

“yo-you’re pregnant?” I nodded;

“yes, have a nice life and remember that I’ll be a better mother than you ever were,” she nodded;

“I didn’t doubt it,”

Matt and I went to my SUV, before I could get in he grabbed my hand and stared into my eyes for a moment;

“you alright?” I smiled;

“I’ve never been better,” I reached up and kissed his lips. Nothing can hurt me now, I’m finally free.