Status: Two Shot!

The Cemetery's Rose

Part Two

“Are you sure?” Ayden asked me as we walked through the grave yard.
“Yes! I have a good feeling about this,” I said to him, stepping over a gravestone.
“But I don’t want you to get your hopes up. What if the letter was a fake? What if a murderer wrote it?” He said frowning.
“I know my brother. And the letter was in his hand writing,” I say looking into the night sky.
The stars were out and the moon shone with a brilliant glow. Ayden was silent as we came up to my brother’s gravestone. We stood there for a minute, waiting for something to happen.
Finally Ayden spoke up, “So where is your brother?”
“Milila!” A voice said from behind me.
I turned around to see a tall man. He looked no older than 24. There was stubble on his chin and his hair was short cropped. Hid dark green eyes held mine and smile was stuck on his face.
“Jonathon!” I squealed running up to my brother to give him a hug. His scrawny arms enveloped me into his body. Warmth radiated off him. I grabbed the back of his cloak and hung on tight. I felt his head lift off of my shoulder.
“You brought Ayden? Are you betrothed yet?” He asked then mumbled, “If so Jackson owes me five pounds.”
“Excuse me?” Ayden asked. I turned around to see all color drain on his face. “You had a bet going on about us?”
I could see Ayden was getting angry. Finally all the color returned and now his face was red.
“Never mind that. I didn’t come here to see if you were betrothed or not. I need your help, Milila. You can help too Ayden,” My brother said loud and clearly. It was his business voice. I knew he was serious so I gave him my full attention.
“I know that everyone thinks I’m dead but that was for my own good. There was someone after me. You see? A couple of months before I “died” I owed a lot of money to certain people. So I faked my death to get away from them. If I didn’t fake my death I would really be dead. They were out to kill me. But once they found out I was dead they stopped looking for me. But just a couple of weeks ago one of their men spotted me in Ireland. He chased after me and I ran onto a boat that was departing. I got away. Just barely though. I need your help though. You have got to keep me hidden. Just for a couple of weeks. Months maybe,” Jonathon said.
I opened my mouth to speak but someone spoke instead.
“I don’t think that’ll be happening any time soon Mr. DeLuna,” A voice said. The voice was deep and held an eerie sound to it.
We all turned towards the voice. It belonged to a tall man. Muscles could be seen through his dark coat. His dark burly beard curled underneath his chin. A short top hat cover his head and he held a glossy cane.
“You owe me a lot of money Mr. DeLuna. And I want it all. You have till this time next week to repay me. Don’t try to run away again. I have men trailing you,” The man said walking away.
Jonathon and I looked at each other then we looked at Ayden. Ayden was glaring at Jonathon.
“You wanted to bring your sister into this?” Ayden said his voice raising a bit.
My eyes widened a bit when my brother retorted, “Yes! She’s my sister and I know she’ll help me! She isn’t cold hearted like you!”
“Cold hearted? At least I am not a selfish git!”
“Selfish git? At least I can get the girl I wanted!”
“Have you ever thought that maybe the reason why I haven’t made a move is because of our social differences.”
“My parents don’t care and you know that!”
“But her reputation would be ruined!”
“She wouldn’t care!”
“But the comments would hurt her!”
“Don’t you love her?”
“Of course I do-“
“Then make your move!” Jonathon said pointing at me.
I looked between the two. I was so confused. Ayden…loved…me? Maybe that’s why-
“No,” Ayden said and walked away.
I watched him leave, moving in zig zags to avoid the gravestones. I turn to my brother. He was watching Ayden leave too. Then he turned to look at me.
“You’ve been only back for about hour and you are already ruining things. I can give you your money. Then you must leave,” I say quietly to Jonathon.
Jonathon opened his mouth to speak in protest but I held up my hand to silence him. I turned away and walked away from my long lost brother.
***
I was in my room putting on my night gown. After the pure white lacy and satin night gown was finally on I walked over to my fire place. I sat down in front of it and stared into the flames. The orange flames danced around, licking the yellow flames. My mind started to wandered.
Ayden loves me. But what do I feel towards him? Well he’s very nice to me. And I love the way he smiles at me. The way his eyes look across my face and can look me strait in the eyes. I really did like the way his hand felt in mine whenever he held them. My blood does run through my body like a waterfall crashing to the bottom of a pool. And swarm of stomach eating little monsters comes to life when I think of him.
That’s when it hit me. I knew what I had to do. I quickly got up and went to my bed. I grabbed my robe and slipped it on. I quickly ran out of my room and down the grand staircase. I ran into the kitchen and went towards the basement door. I threw open the door and ran into the basement. I hastily pushed the first door I came to open.
“Ayden!” I walked over to the boy who was in bed.
Ayden shot of his bed. He looked at me and frowned.
“What is it? Why are you down here? And in your night garments?” Ayden said turning his head to look away from me.
I looked down at my body. I never bothered to tie up my robe. I blushed and tightened my robe.
“I got something to-“ I started but he interrupted.
“You’ve got nothing to say. I was going to bed. And I’m still going to bed. Good night Miss Milila, “ He said trying to go back to bed.
I pulled his arm. “Wait! I-“
“Sorry Miss Milila, but it is most improper for you to be down in my chambers without proper clothes on.”
“But I don’t-“
“Miss I assure you-“
I didn’t know how to stop him. He kept talking and I wanted to get my feelings out to him. A thought had come to mind. I walked up to him and Ayden stopped talking.
But only for a minute, “Milila-“ I cut him off with my lips. I softly placed my lips onto his. He stood there, shocked. I pulled away.
Ayden looked at me then grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him. He crashed his lips onto mine. I inwardly gasp at the sudden force. Ayden’s lips moved against mine. He pushed me into the wall. His body trapped me there. I didn’t mind one bit.
He pulled away and took a step back. My eyes opened to see him looking guilty.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to-“ He started but I cut him off.
“It’s alright. I kissed you first in case you forgot,” I smiled at him.
He smiled back at me and took my hand.
“Lila. I do believe it’s passed your bedtime.” he teased kissing my knuckles. “You should go to bed. You’ve got a lot on your mind and sleep will do you good.
“Alright then, Ayden. I’ll see you in the morning,” I said turning around and leaving him to himself.
***
I couldn’t sleep. I heard heels clacking on the floor, which told me my parents were up. My parents were early risers. I knew that it was my mother walking with my father down the hall. I quickly got out of bed and opened up my door.
“Mother! Father! I must talk to you!” I said loudly.
My parents turned around and faced me.
“Yeas, darling? What is it?” My mother asked.
I motioned them to come in my room. They followed me in.
“I got a letter yesterday. It was from my brother. All the letter said was to meet him at his gravestone. I burned the letter and met him that night,” I said all in one breath.
My parents looked at me like I was crazy.
“Milila, now listen-“ My mother started but I cut her off.
“Ayden was there! Ayden saw him!” I said.
My parent looked at each other then my father said, “Follow me.”
My parent went into Ayden’s room. Ayden was putting on his coat when we entered his room. He looked at us, started.
“Were you with my daughter last night? She claims to have seen her brother,” My father said.
Ayden looked at me. I smiled at him, gesturing him to tell them what happened.
“Yes. We saw Jonathon,” Ayden said.
My parents looked at me.
“He needs our help. He got into some major dept. He needs some money. Jonathon has people after him,” I said with pleading eyes.
“Alright we’ll go with you,” My father says turning around to leave.
“Wait! Sir!” Ayden said before my Father could leave.
My father turned around and stared at Ayden, waiting for him to continue.
“Well you see sir. I very much like your daughter. And I know that we have different social lives. But I love her dearly and would like it if I could court her. With your permission of course,” Ayden said, holding his head high.
My parents looked at each other. They both smiled.
***
I met my brother at dawn. The cemetery was foggy and the sun was just starting to show.
I held out a pouch. “Here’s all the money you need. Plus more. Please just give the man what he needs and just leave. I don’t need you to spend it all in one place,” I say placing the bag in his hand.
“Milila, I’m sorry for last night. I got out of hand. I didn’t mean it,” He said, truly sincere.
I smile gently at him. “It’s quite alright. I talked to Ayden and we settled everything.”
“Everything?”
Everything Jonathon.”
“What do you mean?”
I smiled even more and held out my arm. My Mother and Father were walking up behind me. Jonathon’s mouth dropped. Mother was crying. Father went up to Jonathon and enveloped him in a hug.
“You’re alive! You’re alive!” My mother said full on bawling now.
I laughed a little as Mother pushed Father out of the way to give Jonathon a hug. Jonathon was crying too.
“Son, We want you to come back home. We’ll pay off your debt. Just come home,” My father said placing his hand on Jonathon’s shoulder.
Jonathon nodded and I smiled. Our Father and Mother were now both hugging him. Jonathon looked over at me and mouthed a thank you.
“You’re welcome,” I mouthed back.
“Wait! You said you talked to Ayden! What happened?” Jonathon asked and Mother and Father pulled away. Mother and Father smiled at each other.
“Well, Jon,” My mother started “Milila finally came to her senses and realized how great Ayden is!” She said happily.
“Yes! A couple of pounds for me!” Jonathon said coming over to me to give me a hug.
The sun had finally rose and the sky was a crystal blue.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part two!
Hope you enjoyed!
Comments please!