‹ Prequel: The Rev's Undying Syn
Status: Please Read.

More Than You Know

All Hell Breaks Loose: P2

Midnight

I stood there making out with Brody on the counter , in my bra and jeans and felt people throw money at my feet. I started to get rough. I mean hello I have had five normals, four shots of Tequila, fifteen shots of Jager and three shots of pure Absolut Vodka. I was beyond trashed. Brody had his fair share of drinks also. I felt someone grab my ankle so I pulled away from Brody and looked down. To see Leana, Val, Brian, and Matt. I smirked.

“Hello. How err you?” I laughed.

“Grace get down.” Leana said.

“Make me.” I laughed and went back to kissing Brody. Next thing I knew I was being pulled off of the counter. I screamed and was being carried out.

“Leana can you grab her shirt?” I heard Matt ask. I was set down and I looked at The two who were carrying me.

“Why the fuck, did you pull me down?” I yelled.

“Grace, what the hell are you doing in a bar?” Matt asked.

“Answer me first bitch.” I said. I watched Leana pull Brody out.

“Get in the car.” Brian and Matt pushed me into the SUV.

“Come on, let me drive me car.” I said.

“No, you are drunk.” Val said.

“I am not.” I said. “How dare you accuse me of such a feat.”

“I can smell the Vodka and Tequila.” She said.

“Well? Why did you show up at Toni’s?” I asked.

“Grace, don’t drink your problems away, that’s what got your father where he is now.” Val said.

“Speaking of James, how is that tall ass fucker?” I asked.

“He’s alive, but barely.” Val said.

“Awesome, so he’s gonna be ok?” I asked.

“Maybe.” Matt said and pulled up in front of my house. I got out and walked into the house.

“You know, I only drink because of my dad? He’s the one who makes me depressed. Can’t even get clean for his only child. Or make her happy. Why does he do this stuff? It’s gonna kill him. I mean seriously, one of these days he’s gonna die. And I’m going to laugh. You know why? Because I knew it was going to happen. He doesn’t know what’s good for anyone. Nope. Not even me. His own daughter.” I ranted off.

“Alright Grace. Let’s go to bed.” I heard Val say.

“But I’m not tired.” I said.

“You will be.” She said. I nodded and we walked up the stairs. She put me in my bed, and just as she said, I was out in like two minutes.

I woke up the next morning with a major ass hangover. A headache so bad I think that I actually want to be blown up, it would feel so much better. I pulled the covers off and shivered. I was still in my clothes from yesterday. Thank the lord it is Saturday. I went and got in some sweats and a tank and I walked out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen. Leana was talking to some chick I don’t care about. I went to the medicine cabinet thing and grabbed the aspirin.

“Good morning Grace.” I heard Leana say. I waved at her and sat down at the table.

“You have fun last night?” She asked.

“Mmmmmm.” I mumbled and she laughed.

“Well me and Ella are going to the doctors office. You should go see your dad.” She said. I shrugged and they left. I just laid there for a while. I stayed until I heard the doorbell. I groaned and stood, walking over to the door and opening it. I saw Jinx and Hanson. I looked at them.

“Yes?” I asked.

“We were supposed to hang out today.” Jinx said.

“Oh, well, I’m tired, and I have to go see my dad, so, yeah. Maybe tomorrow or something.” I said.

“Did you go to Toni’s?” Jinx asked.

“Yeah. And I was busted by the adults.” I said. She smiled.

“Ok, we’ll see ya tomorrow.” She said. I nodded and closed the door. I went and got on my flip flops and grabbed my keys and went to my car. I pulled out of the driveway and drove up to where dad was. I went up to his room and saw him hardly breathing.

“Hey dad. I love you.” I said. I sat on the chair and laid my head down on his arm. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I was shook and I woke up.

“Grace, move. The doctors need to get at your dad.” Leana said. I stood and they went over to him. After a few minutes the doctor stood. I heard the flat line sound and immediately woke up.

“I hate to do it but, December 28, 2013. 11:26 am.” She said. I felt my knees give way and I fell to the floor, crying. Leana came down to my level and hugged me.

“No, he can’t be gone. He can’t. He wouldn’t leave me. He loves me.” I mumbled into Leana. She held me as they wheeled dad out of the room. I cried my eyes out.

“Oh Grace, it’s alright. I’m going to call Matt and Val to come up and get us.” She said. She stood and I curled into a ball holding my knees to my chest and cried. A few, or a lot of, minutes later Matt and Val walked in. Matt knelt down and picked me up so I was sitting.

“Come on Grace, let’s get you outta here.” He said. He helped me up and I completely shut down. I was like a walking zombie. They walked me out to Val’s car and they drove me home.

Leana’s POV

It’s been two days since Jimmy died and Grace hasn’t been out of her room since. Jinx and Hanson came over, but I couldn’t get them to help Grace. I have been working on the funeral, which is in, well tomorrow.

“Le, how you holding up?” Ella asked.

“Um, as best as I can. I have to be strong for Grace and John.” I said.

“Yeah, but you can cry too.” She said. I nodded.

“Trust me, I have.” I laughed and looked at Ella.

“So she hasn’t been out in two days?” She asked.

“Nope. Anytime I go to her door and knock she says go away. And I’m not going to force her to come out, I mean, both of her parents are dead.” I said. She nodded.

“Well me and Zacky are having a date night tonight, and yeah.” She said. I nodded and showed her out. I should try to talk to Grace. I went to the fridge and got out some food and heated it up. I carried the bowl and spoon to Grace’s room and I knocked and heard her.

“Go away.” She mumbled. I opened the door and saw her on her bubble chair with her guitar and a notebook. Her room was warm and had tissues all over. I set the bowl down.

“Grace, honey, talk to me.” I said and sat on her bed.

“What is there to talk about?” She asked.

“Um, your feelings, what you’re thinking.” I said.

“My feelings? My thoughts. Yeah my brain is kinda messed up right now.” She said. I nodded.

“Well, the funeral is tomorrow morning. If you want to show up you can, but otherwise, whatever.” I said. She nodded and I walked out.

The next morning.

I slowly zipped up my dress and looked at my stomach, it was slightly protruding, but not terribly. Good, no questions. I sighed and went to my closet and shuffled through my stuff to find my heels. Once I found them I slipped them on and turned off the light. I walked out of my room and saw Grace’s door open and the bathroom door closed. Hmm, she finally came out. I walked down the stairs and to the kitchen. Matt and Brian are here with their families and we are going to go together.

“So, is Grace coming?” Val asked.

“I don’t know, but she was in the bathroom.” I said. They nodded and we heard the door open to the bathroom and another door close.

“She must have just showered or something.” I said. I grabbed my purse and went in it and grabbed my phone and dialed Jimmy’s Mom’s number.

“Hello.” She said, I could hear the tears in her voice.

“Um, hey, it’s Leana, um, are you and William still planning to come to the funeral?” I asked.

“Um, yeah. We’ll be heading out soon. Leana. Can you ask Grace if she wants to come and spend the weekend with us. Get out of the house, meet her grandparents. You know.” She said. I nodded.

“Yeah I can ask her.” I said,

“Thanks honey. I have to go, see you in a few hours.” She said and hung up. I hung up too and set my phone down. I turned to Val and heard clicks on the stairs. I looked up and saw Grace. She was wearing a one-shoulder mini dress and she was cleaned up.

“Grace.” I said. She walked down and went to the drawer that held the keys, grabbed hers, closed it and walked out. I looked at the rest.

“I don’t know. Maybe she’s getting Brody?” Val asked. I shrugged and grabbed my purse.

“We might as well go to the funeral home.” I said.

Grace’s POV

I had one hand on the steering wheel and one on the window. I was speeding down the beach side road. I was going to go see an old friend. He always knows how to cheer me up. Took me three days to build up the energy to go. The funeral is in three hours, I can drive to Lance’s house and talk, go get Brody, and get to the funeral house. Awesome.

I pulled up in front of the old brown house and I turned off the car. I got out and walked up the pathway to the porch. I saw his Grandma on the porch with her daughter, his mom.

“Is that you Grace?” His grandma asked.

“Yeah, is Lance home?” I asked.

“Yeah, he out back in the guest house.” His mom said. I nodded and walked inside and to the backyard and saw Lance in the pool.

“Hey Lance.” I said.

“Who bothers- Oh hey Grace.” He said and climbed out.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“My dad died.” I said.

“You have a dad?” He asked.

“Yes, I found out about him when my mom died. But he died and I’m sad.” I said. He looked at me.

“Come here.” He said, holding his arms out. I walked over and hugged him.

“I’m guessing the funeral is today?” He asked, pointing to my outfit. I nodded.

“Let me get a shirt and we’ll go get some Gelato’s.” He said. I smiled and he walked to the guest house and a few minutes later he came back down and we went to my car and I drove to Olde Gelato’s Shoppe. A local ice cream shop out by Lance.

“Hello welcome to Olde Gelato’s Shoppe, what can we get ya?” A lady asked.

“Um, a cake batter and cookie’s n’ cream shake, two scoops of each.” I smiled.

“Ok, and you sir?” She asked.

“Butterscotch and cake batter.” He said. She nodded and got the ice cream. We grabbed it and went back to my car.

“You always know how to make me happier.” I said. He smiled.

“Hey, what can I say, I love ya. We used to have a thing, and then your mom got in the way. I still know ya though.” He said. I nodded and pulled up to his house. He got out and closed the door. I pulled out on the street and drove over to Brody’s house. I watched him walk out and get in.

“You ready?” He asked. I shrugged.

“Would you be ready to bury your dad?” I asked. He shook his head. I smirked and got on the road and started the half hour drive to the funeral home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Y'all hate me now, right? yeah. it had to happen. I wasn't going to keep him alive that much longer anyways.

Comment on what ya think. Thanks a lot to bloodyvengeance, who commented, it made me all happy inside. Please comment and tell me what you think of the story. Y'all like the new banner?

JustAnOddChild