Sequel: Two Breaths Walking

Heartland

Chapter Fifty-four

As soon as the trio stepped on the steps of the White Castle, a scream erupted from the doors slightly ajar in front of them.

They all bolted to the direction where the screaming was heard but when they stepped into the main room, all of the doors snapped shut.

An insane laugh echoed throughout the room but the source of the laugh wasn't there.

For once in her life, Alice felt worried. It was one of her deepest fears; to be in a confined space with a killer and a nitwit.

The March Hare was pacing around. They’ve been trapped for half an hour already and Jack and Alice weren’t doing anything at all.

The March Hare shouted in distress, “Why aren’t people doing anything?”

“Well, Technically, I’m doing something.” Alice smartly said.

“And what in the world are you doing?” The March Hare sarcastically said.

“I’m breathing and talking. So that means I’m doing something. So is he.” Alice smartly said again and pointed her thumb to Jack.

The March Hare fell silent for a few minutes more until he sighed, “Jack, what are we going to do?”

Alice’s stoic gaze fell upon Jack. He just smirked and crossed his legs like always “Well, we wait.”

“What the hell, Jack? Wait?! Are you out of your fudging mind?” He threw his hands in the air but when he saw the relaxed look on Jack’s face he changed his mind automatically.

“Yeah, I think you’re going insane now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Story is almost finished D: