Status: Active :)

Listen To Your Heart

One

It’s weird how things were between us. We were so close that no one could split us apart. We thought that neither of us would have feeling for each other but that changed. One night I was staying over at his house. We watching movies and ate junk food. It was what we did every Saturday night. On Fridays we would hang out with the guys.

We were watching 'A Walk To Remember' because I made him. But after that was over I told him we could watch a 'Zombieland'. While watching the movie, his hand grazed past my leg and it sent shocks through my body. It was definitely not something I had felt when he touched me. It was weird having that feeling from my best friend.

I tried to ignore it but it just wouldn’t go away. I slid a little away from him. Luckily he didn’t notice because he was actually paying attention to the movie. I tried to concentrate but my thoughts kept going back to the feeling still traveling through my body.

“Amber. Amber. Amber.” I finally turned to Garrett who had been calling my name.

“What were you thinking about? I’ve been calling your name, but you were so into your thoughts.” He said staring at me.

“Nothing.” “Now I know you’re lying. I’ve known you all your life.” It was true. Our parents are friends and met in Middle School, so we basically were friends when we were born.

We actually we born on the same day. The only difference is that he’s a few minutes older than me and he never lets me forget it.

“I’m not lying Gar.” Sometimes I could get him to believe me. I was really hoping that happened this time. “If you say so.” Yes! Finally he believed me. Usually he knew how to go around my lie and get me to tell him, but I really didn’t want to tell him this. I couldn’t.

“You really need to stop spacing out.” I snapped back into reality and looked at him. I started having this feeling inside me.

Butterflies.

What was happening to me? I’m having feeling for my best friend! This can’t happen because I know he loves his girlfriend. Did I forget to mention that? Yeah, he has a girlfriend and her name is Rachel and she hates me. She thinks I spend too much time with Garrett. I never listen to her when she rambles on and on. She thinks that I’m trying to take Garrett away from her, but he always tells her that we’re just friends.

“You ready to watch 'Zombieland'?” He asked.

“Do I have a choice?” I rolled my eyes. He knew I only like certain zombie movies and I didn’t want to see 'Zombieland'.

“Actually… No. No you don’t. I don’t know why I asked.” He laughed and pressed play.

We got back under the covers and pretended to watch the movie. Having him next to me was making me nervous. Oh no. I’m falling for my best friend. This definitely won’t end well.
♠ ♠ ♠
new Garrett Nickelsen story!
first chapter isn't that long but the next one will be longer.
please comment and subscribe :)