Status: Completed <3

Qualities a Good Girl Lacks

What I Want But Can Never Have

I pulled on my band tee and shoes, opening the door to my room and walking downstairs. Today was just another day of high school and I wasn't exactly looking forward to it. Not the social aspect of it, just the school part. I get decent grades but I hate learning stuff I'm not going to use. I mean my school is basically the definition of boring, I have my group of friends and that's who I hang out with, and that's all we do,hang out. It's nearing the end of my freshman year and I still haven't had a girl friend, and I'm getting worried that there's something wrong with me. I mean girls at school have liked me but none of them have really caught my eye and I'm trying to figure out what the hell is up with that. And then there's the fact that people still ask me "Are you Cathy's little brother?", you would think that everyone would know by now that I am, the school isn't exactly large.

I basically stumbled down the narrow stairs out of drowsiness, I saw Cathy sitting at the table eating a bagel.

"Hey ,Loser." She said, taking a bite.

I chuckled,"Good morning to you to." I said,rolling my eyes,opening the fridge and grabbing some root beer

"You know little bro, you really should eat.Soda in the morning is ridiculous,besides you could use the brain power." She said, getting up and ruffling my hair on her way to put her plate in the sink."Come on, let's go were gonna be late." She said, grabbing her keys.

I tipped the bottle back and chugged the soda before capping it and replacing it in the fridge. We walked out of the house and got into Cathy's small black car,she pulled out of the drive way and drove towards River Hill High School. We turned the radio up loud and sat in comfortable silence, bopping our heads to the music. Cathy and I had a good relationship unlike most siblings, we talked and hung out when we wanted to. It was kind of hard at school considering she's a senior but she still says 'hi' when we pass each other in the halls.

Cathy pulled into the student parking lot and found her spot, Josh,her boyfriend was standing in it saving it for her like he did every morning. We got out of the car and Cathy immediately pulled him into a kiss, causing me to clear my throat loudly.

"Hey little man!" Josh said, giving me a high five.

I nodded at Cathy and walked to my home room, I looked back and saw all of her friends surrounding her and Josh's Letterman jacket around her shoulders. I smiled and continued on my way. Cathy has always been really popular and in the most typical way, head cheer leader, dating the quarter back, straight A's, and a smile that could blow you away. But she's different then all of the girls in those movies, she's actually nice, she doesn't blow me off when we get to school, and she still rocks out to Blink-182 with me.

I walked into Ms.Watson's homeroom and took my assigned seat in front of Eddy, my best friend. I turned around.

"Hey Spaz." He said, pulling his notebook out of his back pack.

"You know, that's not exactly a term of endearment." I chuckled.

"What the hell does endearment mean?"

"It doesn't matter." I laughed, putting my back pack on the tile floor.

"Quiet down class!" Ms.Watson yelled.

Though the class was only talking in a low whisper. We turned to the front of the room ready to learn some useless geometry.

I dropped my pen and when I bent down to get it, I heard the door open and saw some black heels walk into the room. I sat up and saw a girl standing in the front of the class room quietly talking to Ms.Watson. She had long light brown hair and these green eyes that I could see all the way from the back of the room. She was gorgeous and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I felt Eddy kick the back of my seat, I tore my eyes away and looked back at him, he mouthed 'hot' and pretended to burn his hand. I rolled my eyes and when I looked around the room all of the guys had their mouths hanging open, including Bryan, earning him a death stare from his girlfriend Katherine.

"Okay class." Ms. Watson said," This is Mya Urban, and she is joining us all the way from Los Angeles California!" She looked at Mya expectantly.

Mya waved awkwardly,"Hiya." She said in a bored tone, rolling her eyes, causing the class to chuckle.

"Well you can sit anywhere you like!" Ms.Watson gushed.

Sadly,where she decided to sit right now chose a lot of things for her, and I couldn't help but wonder if she was aware of that. I was increasingly aware of all of the empty seats at the two person tables that filled the room. Ms.Watson assigned the seats like this to keep us from talking, it didn't work. Mya scanned the room, and she had four choices. She could sit next to Eddy, Katherine, Bryan, or me. She walked down the row and I let out a quiet sigh of relief when she passed me I mean she’s hot and all but I don’t feel like making awkward conversation, and I heard Eddy curse to himself when she strut passed him, I turned around to see her take a seat next to Bryan. I grimaced, I guess she's going to fall in with that group. I mean I don't hate those people but they're kind of stuck up and well rude. Not to me considering who my sister is but to everyone else who isn't in their group. Besides judging by her band tee and skinny jeans I wouldn't have pegged her for their type, I guess I kind of pegged her for well...my type.

Oh well. I turned around and got back to learning my useless geometry, trying to shake her beautiful image from my mind, there's no use in thinking of something that will never be in your reach.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Chapter. I hope you liked it,tell me what you think.
Comments truly make my world go 'round! xD

Subscribe & Comment!

♥Thanks For Reading♥