Status: Completed <3

Qualities a Good Girl Lacks

Scared

I walked into the large building that I've been trapped in for the past four years and went to my homeroom that I had with Eddy, Mya, and Tanner, tomorrow was the last day of school so I was expecting to do nothing.Eddy and I were still close, my closest guy friend. He lost his baby weight and bulked up over the summer of freshman year and joined the football team but he didn't ditch us. Tanner just got taller and got really into his dad's stocks. Roger moved to Nebraska,poor lad, and then there's me, I didn't change much.
I walked into the classroom and took my seat next to Eddy at the four person table.

"Hey man." I said.

"Hey." He said turning to me."When are you asking Mya to prom?" He asked casually.
"What?" I asked confused.

"Come on I need to know the number of people to tell my mom for that whole pre-prom dinner thing she wants to have. She told me to ask you when you were asking Mya." He urged,taking out his stuff for class.

"Why would I ask Mya?" I asked trying to pull of a confused voice.

"Because you're in love with her broham."

"Broham?- No I'm not!"

"Whatever dude but you better get on that quick, like ten guys have already asked her and she turned them all down, I think she's waiting for you."

"Yeah bu-"

"Hey losers!" Mya said excitedly,sitting down across from us.

I smiled when Mya sat down and went into this long story about her weekend. Mya didn't really change personality wise, she had the same hot-tempered disposition. Her hair changed frequently but right now it was at it's natural light brown,my favorite and her eyes still had that vibrant green luster to them that only goes out when she's sad. She stopped wearing her heels around Sophomore year, it was really sudden and she offered no explanation. But they came back this year in a bright red.

"And all I could do was stare! It was hilarious Matty you should have been there!" She laughed.

"You know how Ms.O'Keef is." My social worker.

"I know but sometimes she needs to pull the stick out off her ass and let you skip one of her stupid meetings." Mya joked.

"Who needs to pull a stick out of there ass?" Tanner asked sitting down.

"Who do you think?" Eddy asked.

"Mya I presume." Tanner said,smirking at Mya when she punched hm.

"Dick hole." She mumbled.

The conversation continued as it always, loud and obnoxious.

Should I ask Mya to prom? Would she even say yes?

You know what,who gives a flying shit?! What have I got to lose!?

Our friendship.

No,the friendship isn't real if I'm constantly lying about how I feel.
Maybe I'll ask her tomorrow,yeah...tomorrow.

Mya's P.O.V
I smiled as I walked into the homeroom that I shared with my best friends. I looked at Eddy and Matt and chuckled at how much they have changed since freshman year. Eddy, a complete transformation, from goofy dork, on the chubby side to star athlete and the high school heart throb to every girl in school right up there with Kenny and Brian and the best part was that he wasn't even aware. To be honest he's still that goofy dork to me. And then Matt, his transformation wasn't as big or noticeable but it was definitely there. From the overly cautious gangly kid I met when I first transferred was now well muscled, had gotten to a good height and though not in his knowledge, girls here see him as mysterious and very attractive. I'm glad he doesn't respond to their flirting though, his last girlfriend was annoying as hell and I was glad to see her leave.

"Hey losers!" I said sitting down.

I noticed that they stopped their conversation when I approached and wondered what they were talking about. I launched into a story about this guy I met over the weekend that was convinced he was the real Harry Potter. I told the story mindlessly and let my brain drift to other topics that needed attending to. Other topics meaning prom. I want to go with Matt and that's final but he just won't ask me. Ive turned down sixteen guys,sixteen all in the hope that he'll ask me soon. Ive been dropping hints all month and he seems totally oblivious. I'm not going solo so he better get on his game, as much as I want the memory of my prom to be with Matty I'm not going alone because he's to scared to ask.
I wrapped up the story and complained about Matt's social worker a little bit and Tanner soon joined us. After a few insults were exchanged between us I brought up from in some last effort hint dropping.

"So who are you guys going to prom with?" I asked.

"Amy Vega." Tanner said smiling.

"Good choice, she's cute." I smiled back.

They were perfect for each other, Tanner president of the extra dorky economics club and her the head of the student government. Oh and even as a totally straight girl I have to admit she's hot.

"I'm going with Amanda." Eddy said.

"Boobs for brains? Really Eddy,why not ask Jamie?" I suggested.

"I already asked Amanda and she's doesn't have boobs for brains!" He defended.

"How would you know!? You were too busy staring at her boobs to know anything about her brain!" I exclaimed.

"Nice boobs though." He snickered, to which I responded with rolling my eyes and throwing my pencil at him.

"What about you Matty, are you planning on asking someone?" I asked,nonchalantly.

"I don't know." he said casually.

I had to bite my lip to stop from screaming at him. Give me a sign Matt,anything! Ugh!
"Oh." Is what I said.

"So what about you Mya, someone told me you were raking in the invites, any options?" Tanner asked.

"I was waiting for someone to ask me but I guess that's not happening, so I'm not sure." I said.

I wonder if Matt would fit To pieces I'm giving him together, Ive been running from him for four years and now that I'm at a hault he won't take that last step to get me.

"Who?" Tanner asked.

The bell rang and people started to gather their things.

"Someone I was trying to let catch me." I said,quietly.

I looked Matt right in the eyes when I said it and he looked at me confused, I sighed heavily and walked out of the classroom.

"Hey Mya!" I heard someone yell from behind me.

"What!" I yelled without turning around.

"Slow down." They laughed, pulling on my arm.

"Hey Kenny." I said,keeping my fast pace.

"Hey." He paused,"So, um...I was wondering if maybe you wanted to,go to prom with me?" He asked, with a goofy smirk.

I stopped in my tracks and looked him up and down before nodding.

"Sure Kenny...That would be great." I smiled.

"Cool, I'll pick you up at six?"

"Sounds good."

He ran down the hall. Kenny was good guy, from my experience with him a gentleman and another good thing about him, he wasn't afraid to ask.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading!
And to my commenters!:
Juli_Tabouli
Pathetic Souvenir;
Alexander Gaskarth;

You keep me going!
There are only three chapters left and I'm sad to see it end! :(
Like I said in the previous authors note if you're interested in seeing how it goes on tour in Alex Gaskarth's P.O.V, I'll be posting it shortly after this story ends.
I hope you check it out, I'll post the link to the page shortly.
(That was me whoring out my story...)
♥Whoo!♥