Status: Completed <3

Qualities a Good Girl Lacks

Broken?

The concert on Friday was amazing,mostly due to Mya but the whole backstage situation with that Eric kid was weird. I mean, I didn't mind telling people that Mya was my girlfriend but it kind of bugged me that she didn't tell me why I was lying. I decided not to push the subject last night but I really did want to know. Monday truly came too fast and I was already trudging to my homeroom.

When I entered Mya was already sitting at our table jamming out to something blasting through her headphones. She was rocking her head back and forth and mouthing the words over dramatically and didn't seem to care if people looked. I couldn't help but chuckle at her and think about how cute she looked. I took my seat next to her and lightly pulled one of her headphones out.

At first her face was angry but it softened when she saw that I wasn't some creeper touching her.

"Hey Matt." She said,putting her IPod away.

"Hey."

"You alright,you look like your having a dilemma?" She laughed,but I could sense a hint of concern in her voice.

"No,I'm fine." I said,were feelings of what I was thinking about showing on my face?

"Oh,okay. Do you wanna hang out after school today?" She asked.

"Yeah,sure." I said,grabbing my notebook.

After the concert I felt closer to Mya and I guess she felt the same way judging by how nonchalantly she asked me to hang out with her just now.And even though I know Mya and I won't be more than friends I still like spending time with her,she's fun to hang out with and I'm getting better at hiding my blushing.

The class went on as it normally did,boring and useless math,and funny back and forth convo's with Mya on a piece of notebook paper.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lunch came pretty fast and I was so glad,but a little disappointed because Mya had a meeting with the guidance counselor and couldn't eat with us today. We were all just talking about random stuff and joking around until Tanner got our attention.

"Hey guys I have to ask you something,this might seem girlie and shit but whatever." He started and we all gave him strange looks,"Just listen okay?",we all nodded, "Well I was thinking about doing something and I wanted to see what you guys thought." He said.

"Dude,just spit it out." Eddy laughed.

"Alright,well I was thinking about asking Mya out on a date Saturday night." He said quickly.

All of the guys said their opinions,all saying that it was cool and that they really didn't give a shit,except me. I just kind of sat there in silence,Tanner was going to ask Mya out.What if she says yes?

I can't say he shouldn't because my only reason for him not to would be that I'm too chicken shit to ask her myself so nobody should. I really didn't see this coming and I feel stupid because I didn't. Of course guys are going to ask her out, she's beautiful , smart, she's an amazing singer, she's good at making an awkward situation funny, her eyes are beautiful enough to stop a gang member dead in his tracks, she's confident, independent, down to earth, pretty smile that lights up the room, witty, she can climb a fence in ten seconds flat, she's brave, creative, and perfect...and I just realized that, she is perfect,but for me.Not for Tanner or anyone else for that matter,she's perfect for me and I was just too slow.
I looked up and the guys were looking at me expectantly.

"Go for it man." I said,plastering a fake smile on my face, and I almost felt bad for secretly hoping that he would crash and burn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mya and I were sitting on my bed and she was helping me with my geometry homework before we went to the lake with the rest of the guys. We were sitting in silence at the moment while I worked out a problem,Mya was was laying across the bottom of my bed and I was sneaking peeks at her while she twirled the pencil she was holding.

"Tanner asked me out today." She said,without looking up.

"Really?" I said,trying to put some surprise in my voice.

"Yeah."

"What did you say?" I asked,trying to hide my eagerness.

"Maybe. I guess I just don't know how I feel about him,what do you think I should do?" She asked,finally lifting her head and looking at me.

Why did she have to ask me that? All I want to do is scream 'Say no! And come on a date with me Mya!' but of course I didn't.

"I think you should do what ever you want,it's your choice who you date." I said,pretending to work on the problem at hand.

"You're no help Matty." She said,throwing one of the shirts I had on the floor at my face and lifting herself from the bed.

I just laughed and threw it back,she stood at the side of the bed and rested her hands on her hips,looking at me intently.

"What?" I asked.

"You're a nerd,let's go." She said,grabbing my hand and pulling me onto my feet.
We walked out of my room and started our walk to the lake that was about half a mile away.

Mya's P.O.V

I just wanted him to say something,to tell me not to go on that date with Tanner, I was going to say no anyways but that's not the point. The point is that he didn't, so I guess I interpreted the vibes I thought he was giving me the wrong way. I really thought that he liked me as more than a friend but a friendship is all he seems to want from me. Normally I'm good at deciphering peoples emotions so it surprised me when he didn't even bat an eyelash when I told him that one of his best friends asked me out and it kind made me a little sad. I mean I've been waiting for a guy like Matt to come along cute, sweet, smart, friendly, level headed, and caring. I finally thought I found that guy in Matt but I guess that the only flaw is he's just not into me. He's too good for me anyways, I've done too much wrong to deserve a guy like Matt. We're better as friends and I think I just officially made up my mind that that's all that I want with Matt, friendship.

We finally made it to the lake after that dreadful walk,I had to take off my heels less than half way through and carry them. Right when we got there I went straight to Tanner and pulled him aside.

"So did you decide?" He asked,is eyes hopeful.

"Yeah,I did and I'm going to have to say no."

"Oh." He said ,lowering his head.

"But please don't think you did anything wrong Tanner,you're awesome and really sweet and that's kind of the problem,you're too sweet and sadly I tear nice guys like you to pieces,I don't want to do that to you. But as far as friends go,we'll be the best." I smiled,trying to lighten his mood.

"That would be nice."

"Alright,come on let's get back to the others." I said,hooking arms with him.

"Mya."

"Yeah?"

"Thanks." He smiled.

"For what?" I asked.

"For actually considering me."

"It wasn't difficult Tanner,any girl would be lucky to have you.Now stop being mushy,we have a tire swing to accidentally break." I laughed,and he continued to the lake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyy guys,I'm about to go to the ATL concert so I don't have time to thank my lovely commenters but I'll get you next chapter!
♥Love you guys and I'll get pics for you!♥
(Haha maybe I'll meet Matt.)