Status: done comment please! =)

Jamison's Wish

More influential that the cup huh?

1 year later.

I was sitting in the back of the church waiting patiently for 3 o’clock. Chels Meg and Kate were running around touching up makeup and hair, making sure our flowers were ready, and that the boys were dressed and clean shaven. Playoff beards were not a part of today’s attire. I was thinking about how this time last year Sid and were just getting back together and Jamie . . .

“Sis you ready for this?” my brother asked from the door way. “Ready to become Mrs. Sidney Cosby?”

“Never been more ready for anything in my life little brother” I said smiling. He made a miraculous recovery, doing a complete 180 in a matter of days.

“Good because it’s time to get this show on the road” he smiled. We were in a small church in Sid’s home town of Cole Harbor. It was a cozy family and friend wedding to be followed by dinner and partying at a local restaurant. Simple sweet and understated, perfect for Sid and I. I took a hold of my bouquet following my friends out of the room we had been occupying. As we waited for the girls to go out before us I looked down to my engagement ring and smiled remembering the day Sid proposed.

“It’s so gross out” Jamie said sitting in the kitchen looking out the windows. He had been hoping to be able to go camping with his friends and their dads, but the trip had been cancelled from the weeks worth of rain.

“It’s not gross out Jam, it’s fresh and clean” I said smiling over my cup of coffee. Jamie has been home over 3 month now and I couldn’t be more relieved to have him here.

“No one likes rain like you do Kell. You’re a freak of nature” he said with a smirk he picked up from the guys.

“Kelly!” I heard from the foyer. “It’s raining” Sid said stepping into the kitchen wrapping his arms around my waist, kissing my lips softly.

“What is with you two and rain!” he said fake gagging.

“It smells good” I said shrugging my shoulders.

“Pretty much” Sid agreed. “So Jamie how do you feel about hanging out with Tanger and Max tonight?”

“As long as the don’t talk in French the whole time that sounds like fun” he said.

“Why is Jamie hanging out with Max and Tanger?” I asked craning my neck to look up at him.

“I was thinking that we should go out to dinner, some where nice. It’s been a while since we’ve done that. Since we’ve had a date night.”

“Sid you basically live here . . .”

“I know that’s why we should go out. So go change into something nice and we’ll drop Jamie off on the way” Sid said smiling at me.

“Ok.” He was right I honestly don’t even remember the last time we went out just the two of us. I smiled and quickly made my way up to my -basically our- room knowing exactly what dress I wanted to wear. I slid on my navy blue strapless dress, smiling when it fit just the way I hoped -tight on my curves- knowing that Sid would love it, and pinned my hair out of my face. I stepped into my nude colored heels and quickly switched my bag to something smaller and fancier, before walking back down stairs where the boys were waiting for me.

“Gorgeous as always” Sid whispered into my ear after kissing my cheek. “Let’s roll out” he added as I tied my rain coat.

After dropping Jamie off we got to the restaurant and we seated in a semi-private area. There were votives scattered around the room and soft light coming from elaborate chandeliers. The waiter came and poured wine into our glasses before taking our orders, apparently the chef heard about Sid being there and him being a huge fan had a special menu planned he just need to know what meat we wanted.

“Sid this is so perfect” I said taking a hold of his hand.

“Nothing but for my girl” he replied with a smirk. “I know that was cheesy but it had to be said.”

We ate the first 3 courses and as the waiter went to get the last Sid started to look nervous. “Are you ok?” I asked placing my hand on the side of his face, instantly claming him down.

“Yea, I’m fine, just curious as to what I’m going to have to do for the chef now . . .” he said with a nervous chuckle. The waiter set down the dessert and with a goofy smile turned and walked away.

“That was weird” I said looking over to Sid.

“What was weird?”

“The waiter” I shook my head. “Never mind, This looks . . .” there sitting in a chocolate box surrounded by fruit was something sparkling. “That is not just dessert” I said looking from my plate to Sid and back again.

“Kelly Anne Klein. I love you so much. I can’t imagine my life without you” he said smiling wide at me. “From the moment I met you I knew there was something special about you, and I was right. I want forever with you. Marry me.”

“Oh, I don’t know” I said smiling and practically bouncing in my seat. “Are you sure you can handle me?”

“No I’m not but it’s worth all my energy to try.”

“Oh, yea sure” I replied. “Of course I’ll marry you!” As soon as the word left my mouth Sid jump from his seat and pulled me into a hug. Lifting me off the ground he pressed his lips to mine firmly as the restaurant started clapping. My face instantly turned red and I started to laugh nervously. “”You planned all of this didn’t you?”

“Yes, Jamie knew about it too” he said setting me back down picking the ring out of the chocolate box and slid it onto my hand. “Perfect.”

“It’s so pretty, and surprisingly not huge.”

“I know you’re not into big flashy things. So I compromised. It’s only a medium sized rock” he winked.

Jamie cleared his throat snapping me out of my daydream.

“You look beautiful Kell” Jamie said smiling over at me as we waited our turn. “Dad would be proud of you, Sid’s a good guy.”

“Don’t make me cry Jamison.”

“Fine. You look like shit!” I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Love you too Jamie” I said as the music changed into the traditional wedding march.

“That’s our cue sis” he said wrapping my arm around his and for a moment I got a fluttery feeling in my stomach until my eyes landed on Sid, he look amazing in his suit, light gray with a light blue shirt and white tie. Although I knew everyone was looking at me all I saw was him. His bright hazel eyes, freshly cut hair and shaven face, and bright smile. The church I knew was filled with our friends and mostly his family, only a few from mine were invited. Oh and Lord Stanley. That’s right they had won the cup again this year - 3 days ago actually- so the shining sliver trophy was in attendance as well.

“Don’t faint” Jamie said giving me a hug before letting Sid take my hand making me smile.

“Hi” Sid said softly.

“Hi” I replied smiling wide at him. We turned towards the minister as he began our shortened but traditional wedding.

“And now the vows. Sidney” he led.

“Ok, Kelly. I never thought that I would find someone like you, someone as strong as you, someone who made my life whole. Honestly I never thought of my life as anything but whole until I met you, until we became friends. When I look back on my life there has been a couple things that can be classified as life changing moments. Starting hockey as a kid, getting drafted, winning the first Stanley cup, and meeting you. Nothing seems as important as meeting you, you made me whole, you made everything else worth having and I can’t wait to spend forever making memories with you” he said confidently.

“Kelly.”

“More influential than the cup huh?” I asked gesturing towards the 4th ‘man’ in the grooms lineup making the congregation laugh and Sid smile. I took a deep breath before continuing. “I can honestly say that I wasn’t expecting you to come into my life, I wasn’t planning on falling in love with you but I did. And I’m so glad that I did. You’re my rock when I need something strong to hold on to, my anchor when I feel like I’m drifting, and my one true love. I can’t imagine there being anyone else who could have been there through all the tough times last year, there’s no one else I would have wanted by my side. I love you more than I can even begin to express, and I can’t wait to grow old with you.”

“Way to out do me baby” he said just loud enough for it to be picked up on the mic.

“Do you Sidney Patrick Crosby, take Kelly Ann Klein to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward in sickness and in health for richer or for poorer from this day forward as long as you both live?”

“I do” he said strong.

“Do you Kelly Anne Klein, take Sidney Patrick Crosby to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward in sickness and in health for richer or for poorer from this day forward as long as you both live?”

“I do” I said starting to tear up.

“By the power vested in me, with God and in the presence of these witnesses, I now pronounce you husband and wife” the minister said smiling. “You may kiss your bride.”

Sid didn’t waste anytime pulling me close to his body and pressing his lips firmly to mine in front of everyone. For someone so private normally he was very egar to give them all a show. There were cat calls- most likely from the guys on the team (all of which were invited to the wedding having become a major part of our new family)- and there was cheering. As Sid broke the kiss leaving his forehead pressed to mine our eyes locking before he gave me another quick peck.

~Sid’s POV~

She looked amazing. All I could think about as she walked down the aisle was how stunning she was. Her dress was simple, no lace, no beading, it suits her. Her hair was down and off to one side with flowers throughout it and her make up, if she really had much on, only made her glow that cheesy bridal glow. Her eyes only left mine when her brother stopped at the end of the aisle and hugged her saying something to make her laugh. Her vows totally out did mine, only proving that she was even more perfect than I could have ever hoped for. And now, she’s my wife. Mine and no one else can have her. I know it’s kind of possessive but she’s my everything.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife” it seemed like he paused forever teasing me. I thought back to that moment although only brief and short it will live in my memory forever above winning the cup twice, above being drafted 1st overall, but right along side meeting her and having my life turned upside down.

“What are you thinking about?” she said placing a hand on my thigh as we sat in the back of the limo to our reception.

“Oh, nothing, just this gorgeous girl.”

“Thinking about other women already Sid? Tsk tsk.” she said smiling up at me. “How crazy is this? I mean really. . . We’re married Sid.”

“You’re my wife” I smiled placing my hands on either side of her face drawing her closer. “My wife.” I pressed my lips to hers long and soft. “There is an awful lot of fabric on this dress for such a small girl.”

“It’s a wedding dress, this is one of the less poofy ones” she replied smiling at me.

“You look amazing” I whispered taking one of her loose curls and tucking it behind her ear.

“Thanks pumpkin. You’re looking mighty fine in your suit, dashing even” she said straightening my tie. “Your parents are seriously alright with taking care of Jamie while were away?”

“Yes, for the millionth time” I smiled. “They don’t mind at all Kell.”

“Just checking” she shrugged before sighing into a dreamy smile. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Totally worth the tears right? Like I could kill of Jamie. What kind of person do you think I am? Geesh!

Anyway, Just one more chapter left. It's said I know but all good things must come to an end.

As always comment =)