Sequel: Tell Me Lies
Status: Completed! :O

Tell the Truth

Why Is It Cold?

Ten friggen fifty-two.
Paul is not going to be back.
I stared out the window and watched Pauls car. I don't know where Paul is, but he sure didn't take his car. Emily called me over to the kitchen.
I sighed and walked over the board game I played by myself with, and into the kitchen.

"Yes?" I asked wih a soft smile as I saw Emily dancing by herself. She giggled and stopped.

"Why don't you take a shower and use the guestroom to sleep in, Paul told me if he wasn't back in five hours, to let you stay here for the night." my slight smile dropped.

"Okay then, but can I go in his car and grab the clothes he has in there?" I asked trying not to stare at the scars.
She smiled "Go ahead."

I quickly walked out of the back door and walked towards the street to find the truck right there, I smiled and ran to the truck.
Opening it and finding the bag on the floor, I remembered to make sure to call my mother. I grabbed the bag then walked back into the house.

"Did you get the bag?" I heard Emily call from the kitchen.

"Yes, is it okay if I use your phone to call my mom?" I asked.

"Go ahead."

I grabbed it from it's charger and took the wireless phone into the guestroom.

"Hello?" my mother's voice sounds more tired then usual.

"Mom, are you okay?" Then a loud cough from the other end caused me to jump.

"Yes, just a little cold, I'll be better tomorrow. What is going on?" I heard a little shuffling.

"Well, I just wanted to know when you were comming back." I asked biting my lip.

"Why, what is going on? What did Paul say?" she knew right away when I call her, it's Paul problems.

"I got in an argument with Paul, about Seth, and he yelled at me saying he was going to leave me and get someone else to watch me after I yelled at him." I said simply.

"Did he leave?" she coughed again.

"No, im at Emily's right now."

"oh, well, Paul was just angry, he just says stuff when he's angry, you know him." I slightly smiled.

"Yeah."

"Remember the story I told you about Paul telling me how to take care of you? He was telling me how to serve food to you and when I finnaly told him that you were my child not his-" she coughed.
and I continued.

"He told you to do your job correctly and then he wouldn't be concerned." I stopped and laughed along with her.

"He was just angry that I yelled at him and Paul was just caring about you." She said laughing while coughing.

"Yeah, now I know to not yell at Paul any more." my mom laughed.

"Okay then, and I'll be finnished with this patient tomorrow, and I'll be back this weekend." I smiled, just five more days.

"That's great, I'll tell Paul. Get well soon mom." I said.

"I will, I love you, good night." she said softly then the line went dead.

"I love you too." I whispered and hung up.

[xxxxx]

"Estie." a deep whisper woke me up, I slightly opened my eyes to see nothing but dark. It as still night, that all I did know. I droped back onto the pillow.

"Let me sleep." I mummbled.

"Come one, you can sleep in your own room." he whispered again.
I groaned and moved to one side of the full sized bed and lazily slaped the empty side.

"Sleep here, and let me sleep." I mummbled again snuggling closer towards the sheets.

"Fine." he sighed and I heard shuffling for about a minute before I felt the warmth and the other side of the bed move. I didn't notice I was cold until I felt his warm body. So I moved closer and wraped my arms around him.

"Mmm, warm." I mumbled falling asleep.

[xxxx]

A bird call and a bunch of shushes afterwards had woken me up that day.
I slightly moved until I noticed two arms around me. So, very slowly, I turned around and smiled when I found a sleeping Paul.
I stared in awe, Paul didn't show and signs of anger, mock, or annoyed on his face; He looks so beautiful, I was itching to just touch his face, to kiss it.
But when he slightly stirred I broke the stare and made it seem like I was still sleeping.

I felt him move with me still in his arms, then I felt him freeze.
I managed to keep my breathing deep and normal; he tightened his grip on me for a while and whispered something I couldn't catch and his grip on me was gone. So I moved a bit, to seem like I was just getting up, and my eyes opened.
I turned to face Paul who was staring at me softly.
I smiled.

"Why is it so cold?" I shivered and rubbed my once warmed arms.

"Because it is." Paul answered quickly.

I smiled again then streached and got off the bed.
Paul's plain white t-shirt ended just about below my thighs, and when I faced Paul he smiled.

"I love that shirt, where did you get it?" I laughed.

"This small store I like to call Closet Le Paul." He laughed and looked at the shirt once more and quickly turned away and faced the window.
I looked at my outfit.

"Put on some pants, all the guys are in the kitchen."

Oh, my pants! I quickly found my pants and slid the skinnies on.

"Happy?" Paul soon tuned around and I struck a pose.
He chuckled.

" Lets go." Paul stood up and streached I looked at his outfit.

"Whoa, whoa whoa." I steped infront of him and placed my hand on his bare chest. He was only wearing boxers.

"What?" Paul asked and I glared at him.

"You," I pointed to him "Better put on a pair of pants." I crossed my arms and glared. He chuckled.

"I don't need to-" I glared at him again "Oh, look, my pants." He smirked and put them on. I laughed and walked out of the room and headed towards the kitchen, finding everybody there.
Jacob, Emily, Sam, Embry, Jared; everybody.
Besides Ness.

"Where's Ness?" I asked shocked, everywhere Jake was, Ness was.
The talking stopped and they looked at Jacob.
I turned my head to see Jacob looking at the ground.

"Jake?"

Oh, please let it just be an argument.
Renessme will be so broken.

"Come here." He finnaly opend his arms and looked at me.
I half smiled and hugged him as tight as I could and mummbled.

"Later." into his chest.
We broke the hug and he nodded. I turned towads Embry.

"Em?" I asked opening my arms with a smile.

He chuckled, dropped his fork and gave me a big hug while lifting me.
I laughed and was soon placed on my feet.

"Good morning everybody!" I said happily.

"Good morning Esther, I made a seperate plate for you, because these pigs, can't save food for anything." Emily playfuly glared at the crew.

I laughed and took the plate she gave me and sat on the last empty seat and ate. A second into eating, I was lifted up and placed on Paul's lap for the lack of seats in the kitchen.

"Geeze, make me feel like a ten year old, why don't you." I joked around.
I looked towards Embry as he stared at us two with a smirk.

"What?" I asked.

"So are you two fin-"

"More Muffins Embry?" Emily cut it, and then Embry screamed in pain.

"What did I do?!" He screamed.

"Don't you yell at her Embry." Sam's voice deep and dark.

Embry mummbled somethings I couldn't hear and grabbed a muffin.
I looked towards Jacob and found him cracking his knuckles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment