‹ Prequel: 16 and Pregnant
Status: Senior Year + Summer Break= Summer Reading List for English AP. I will try to update as often as I possibly can. :)

Teen Mom

One: Wish I had never met Matt

One: Wish I had never met Matt

-Andrea’s POV-

“Jacoby, please stop running from mommy”, I whined as I chased my almost one year old son around my apartment.

A year ago, I was sixteen and pregnant. I met Jacoby’s father, Matt, at an Avenged Sevenfold concert. He and his girlfriend had a big fight, and he needed someone to talk to. We had a few drinks, which led me to losing my virginity and getting pregnant. Matt had asked me to move in with him once he found out, but we encountered lots of problems. He and his girlfriend split up, and we got together, but a few months after Jacoby was born we split up. He was still in love with Val even though I was in love with him.

I finally caught up with my son and scooped him up in my arms. I got him dressed and sat him in his high chair to feed him. I poured him a bowl of cheerios and made him bottle before going to the counter to make a homemade pizza.

I turned around when I heard a knock on my door. “Coming!” I ran to the door and pulled it open. My smile dropped when I saw Matt standing there.

“Hey, I came to see Jacoby.” I stepped aside to let him in and shut the door. Matt walked into my kitchen and picked Jacoby up. They went into the living room to play around while I finished the pizza and cleaned up the kitchen. I was in the middle of washing dishes when I felt Matt wrap his arms around my waist.

“Get off me.” I shoved him away as I walked towards the fridge. Oh, I wanted a drink so bad, but damn it I’m only seventeen. I got myself a bottle of coke and took a sip.

“Andrea, please don’t be like this.”

“Like what, Matt? You can’t be all touchy feely with me, you’re with Val, you chose her over me.”
“I did not, you left me!” he shouted.

“Whatever, Matt, believe what you want. I waited for six hours for you to come home, and you didn’t so fuck off.” I slammed down my bottle and went to Jacoby’s room to pack up his bag. He was going over to Matt’s tonight and I wanted Matt out of my house. I had to get to work and I needed the weekend to study and do homework.

I walked out into the living room carrying Jacoby’s diaper bag. I threw it at Matt and kissed Jacoby goodbye. “Now, you be good for daddy okay? Don’t give him any trouble.”

I hugged him and kissed him again before Matt took him away for the weekend. Once they were gone I got myself ready for work. I work as a receptionist at a publishing house. It’s only part time, but it gives me enough to hold my head above water. I grab my bookbag then run out to my car and drive to work. My day was boring, there weren’t that many calls, and so I got to catch up on my homework. Finally it was time to clock out.

I pulled into the supermarket and grabbed a cart. Jacoby’s birthday is coming up soon and I still need to order him a cake, and get him party decorations. I paid for the party stuff then drove home.
I missed my son already, he was seven hours away from me, and I couldn’t wait to see him. I knew that he and Matt were in hotel here in town, since driving seven hours both ways is a bit much for one day, but still.

I sat down on the couch and curled up in front of the TV. I fell asleep watching a home video of Jacoby. I dreamt of Matt that night. I haven’t dreamt of him in a year, and now all of a sudden, he’s in my dreams.

Sometimes I wish I had never Matt, and then I could be a normal seventeen year old girl enjoying her senior year of high school, I wouldn’t have been Sixteen and Pregnant, and I most certainly wouldn’t be a Teen Mom.