Status: Active<3

Rhythm of Love

Prologue

Colors exploded in the daytime sky. Pinks twined together with oranges and red turned the sky into a coloring book. Blue lace curtained the horizon but slowly turned purple at its ends. Yawns resided deep inside me and begged to come out as I stretched in the light of the honey-colored sun. Turning back toward my bed, above it could be seen a calendar tacked with four pins; each by my band mates. Circled in black sharpie, highlighted in yellow, starred in pink, and striped in light blue was today’s date, March 18th. A small smirk appeared on my lips, hiding the pain in my hazel eyes.

The first and last showing of our band, Behind the Unknown, was today. At least, it’s going to be the last showing of me in the band for a little while. Sighing, I spun on my heels and headed toward the shower. Outside of my room, there were five suitcases filled to the max with my, my mother’s, my father’s, and my little sister’s necessities. Everything else was already packed away and gone. When I reached the bathroom, everything was dripping with condensation. A sticky note was pressed to the mirror and slipped down toward the sink at a slow pace. I grasped it and read it quickly, before crumpling it up and throwing it aside. Quickly, I stripped off my pajamas and bounded into the bath to take a quick shower. As the cool fresh water hit my pale complexion, I let it drown all my sorrows.

The time between leaving the house and getting to the school, Lakeview High School, wasn’t what I feared, rather when I got there to the end of the day. And I was right to be afraid. All day, my ‘infinite friends’ came over to be, begging me to stay as if it were up to me. “Nora!” they cried out. “Don’t leave!” That is, only my ‘girly-girl’ and ‘preppy’ friends did that. My band mates? Thank heavens they weren’t nearly as over reactive. Damien sent me a sympathetic smile, one I returned with a sour grimace and groan causing the other four band members Troy, Noah, Dylan, and Mitchell to laugh. They were aware that they were going to be able to spend until late tonight with me. The others? Not so much.

Then, my eye caught his – Alex Barlow. I knew just as we saw each other, mine began to sparkle with endearment, a look he most certainly did not return. Just as it had happened, he went back to talking to his own band mates Ivan, Conner, and Xander. They were Welcome To Paradise and supposedly (according to them, at least) the best band in Chamford. Of course, they’d never heard us before. No one had, since we were just a garage band. That is, until today when we will finally play at The Rev like all the other local bands.

Click.

I smiled. My last day in Chamford and I get to play at The Rev?

Click, click.

I wouldn’t want to spend my last day before heading to Paris any other way.

Click. Click. Click.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! <3
I can't wait to get working on this... it'll be a nice project to work on while writing Life is Beautiful(:
Hope you enjoy!
~[Mi]Kayla

PS: This is before she leaves. Everything after this prologue is when she comes back from Paris(: