Status: keep reading!!!

The Kids From Yesterday

Telephone

Gerard’s P.O.V.
I got off my bed then started pacing back and forth in my hotel room. I had been pacing on and off since I got back from the funeral. I had no luck trying to sleep. I was too worried. Worried about if Elena was ok and if she’d even want to get to know me. She’s all I’ve been thinking about since I read the letter. And when I saw her at the funeral my heart ached. She was so beautiful. She was already starting to become a woman. I had missed so much of her life already I had missed her first steps, her first words, her first day of school, her first broken bone. I couldn’t help but feel like I could have done something like it’s my fault I had missed so much of her life, but I couldn’t go back in time and fix what had been done. All I could do was be there for her now and protect her from that monster that calls himself a man.
I turned to look at my watch, it was getting late into the morning. Had she woken up and read my letter, or read it the night before? Was she safe from her step father? What if he was beating her right now? If he was there was nothing I could do about it. That fact alone hurt so much. If checked my phone to make sure I hadn’t missed is ringing ever though it had been right by me and I would of known if someone was calling me.
Just then I heard a pounding at the door that made me jump out of my skin and drop my phone on my bed. Just as I stood up to peep in the hole of the door to see who it was I heard a very familiar voice that brought up just as much confusion as annoyance.
“Hey, Gee! It’s me! Open up.” Shouted my younger brother Mikey. What in the world was he doing here? The only person who knew where I was was Lyn-z. Lyn-z…. I opened the door and before I even had a chance to fully open it Mikey shoved his way through.
“Hello, Mikey. Come right in.” I said in a sarcastic tone. By the time I closed the door he was already spread out on my bed, laying on his stomach. He mumbled something that has hard as I tried I could not decipher.”Um… what was that?” I asked. He turned on his back and sat up.
“Sorry! I’m just really tired! I just drove for 8 hours to get to you! You know because none of us have heard from you in almost a week, and then I go to your house and you’re not there either. Then Lyn-z tells me you’re out here. She wouldn’t tell me why, just that it was something huge, so what’s going on Gee?” Mikey asked as he finally finished his rant. I sighed knowing I needed to tell him. How do you tell your brother or really anyone about something like this? I guess you start at the beginning. I sat beside my brother and took in a deep breath then let it out.
“I know I should of told you before I left but I wasn’t really thinking straight. I kind of found out something huge and there wasn’t much time to really stop and think before I came.” I started to explain. He just nodded excepting what I was saying and acknowledging that he understood. “So, do you remember Angela Marks? We dated in High school?” Again He nodded. I could tell he must have been truly exhausted because he wasn’t normally the quiet. “Well she’s dead.”
“That’s really sad, but what does that have to do with you?” he questioned as he shifted on the bed and yawned. I was trying to figure out how to explain it but I knew the easiest thing to do would be to just show him. So I got off the bed and began searching through my bag for the pictures of Elena and continued explaining
“Well right before she died she sent me a letter.” I started as I found the pictures and sat back down on the bed. “In the letter she told me something.”
“What did she tell you” Mikey asked.
“This.” I said as I handed the pictures to him. He took them still very confused. Then he started to look through the pictures. I could tell I had confused him even more but I just let him continue to look through them. After a while he started to look up at me and then back down at the pictures. I could tell he was starting to understand.
“Gerard, is this your? It can’t be! But she looks… How?” he stuttered out still trying to work it out in his head.
“That is my daughter.” I confirmed. He just nodded and waited for me to continue, which is what I did. I explained what I had learned in the letters and about going and meeting Elena.
“… and now I’m just waiting for her to call.” I ended.
“Wow.”
“I know.” I breathed out. I don’t think ii had even complete understood what was happening yet. This was huge. It was literally like changing. The next thing I know my brother wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a hug. Just as he was about to say something my phone started ringing. I jumped up and grabbed my phone.
“Hello!”I almost yelled into the phone.
“Hi, um is this Gerard Way?” I heard a young woman’s voice say on the other end. My heart speed up hoping this was Elena
“Yes it is. Elena, is that you?” I asked almost desperately
“Yeah, it’s me.” With hearing those words I let out a breath that I didn’t know I was holding.
“Oh my gosh! Thank god! I was afraid you wouldn’t call.”
“Are- Are you really my father?” she asked timidly.
“Yeah I am. The second I saw you I knew without a shadow of doubt that you were my daughter. I would love to get to know. I want to be I your life, but only if you want me to be. But even if this is the last time you talk to me please let me get you away from your step-father, at least let me do that.” I rambled over the phone
“No, I mean I want to get to know you to. And yes, get me out of this house.” I couldn’t help the smile that started to appear on my face after that sentence.
“Ok, I can come and get you right now if you want; I have my brother with me, is it ok if he comes?” I asked as I looked at my brother.
“My uncle?” Elena asked.
“Yeah, you uncle.” As I said this Mikey started slightly bouncing up and down where he sat and had a smile that almost matched mine.
“ok, well my address is 1877 Oakhill lane. ”
“Ok, we’ll be there as soon as we can!” and with that I hung up. I then looked as my brother as I got off the bed and but on my shoes.
“Did she really call me her Uncle?” he asked. I nodded. “That’s awesome! I mean I know I’m already an uncle, but Bandit isn’t old enough to talk yet, so it’s just different” he stated as we walked out the door and out of the hotel.
“Tell me about it! She called me her dad!” I exclaimed as I got into my rental car. Mikey climbed in the passenger seat and we headed off.
“Yeah I can’t imagine how you must be feeling. But it’s kind of awesome!” Mikey was right, but it was better than awesome. It was amazing! I was going to find my daughter and start making up for all the times I hadn’t been there!
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, Guys that’s it for today, I’m sorry updates are taking so long. Please make sure to tell me what you think! Keep being MCRmy strong!
~19MyFictionalRomance95