Status: keep reading!!!

The Kids From Yesterday

I Hate To Turn Up Out Of The Blue, Uninvited

Flashback

Angela marks…
I hadn't thought about that name in years. She was my first true love and my first true heart break. I hadn't seen her since the day I broke up with her. But now sitting in my hand is a letter from the very same woman. I rip open the envelope and discover 2 pieces of paper and an envelope inside. First I look at the smaller piece of paper with my name in big letters.

'GERARD I know I haven't seen you in many years. And wish with all my heart I could chang what happened the last time I saw you, but I can't. You probably hate me for it and I understand I hate myself too. But not just because I cheated. But because by cheating on you I ruined not only my life but someone else's life to. In this envelope there are 2 others. Please read the unsealed one. Once you read it you’ll know what to do with the other. I know you could throw this letter out right now, but I beg of you not to. This is my last request. Because by the time you read this I will be dead.'

What…. My mind was pulling its self in a hundred different directions. All I could do was reach for the opened envelope and grab the letter that was inside. But when I grabbed the letter another object fell out. It was a picture. I discovered that there were several other things in the envelope as well. I pulled them all out. There were several pictures. But what caught my eye first was a sketch. I automatically could tell who the artist was. It was me. And it was a drawing of Angela that I had given her on our fist date. I then looked at the picture and saw something I was not expecting. They were all of a young girl. She looked so familiar but I couldn't but my finger on it. I then reached for the letter.

'Gerard,
I have given you pictures of my daughter. Her name is Elena Way Marks. She is 15 and she is your daughter aswell.'

I dropped the letter and fell on the bed that was luckily right under me.
It’s impossible.
I looked at a picture of the little girl that had been in my hand the entire time. She was so pretty. I guessed she was maybe four here. She was laying on the grass in a pretty white dress smiling up at the person taking her picture. She had Angela’s beautiful eyes and smile. But instead of brown hair like her mother, she had black raven hair and… I couldn't believe it… I could see so much of me in her… deep down inside I knew that this was real, and that that little girl was my daughter. I thought suddenly flashed in my mind. 'Because by the time you read this I will be dead.' I quickly grabbed what I was reading remembering the urgency of the letter

'I hope you’re able to see yourself in Elena and believe me. She looks so much like you. Some days just looking at her made me miss you.

Let me explain how this happened. A week after the night we broke up I found out I was pregnant with your child. I was being selfish in not letting you have a say, but I knew you. I knew no matter what, you would take care of the baby. And that's why I ran away. It sounds pathic now, but I didn't want you to give up the life you now live, especially after what I did to you. And so I ran to my parents. They were disappointed in me but were willing to help me and give me a place to stay.

On March 5th of 1995 I had our daughter. That was the happiest day of my life. I got a job at my father’s grocery store and my mom watched Elena. Life was going great until Elena turned 4. The day after her birthday my mother and father died in a car crash. They gave me the house and all their money. But life was different.

Then when Elena was 5 I married a man named Charlie. I thought I was in love with him. I also thought that I needed to make sure Elena had a father. And Charlie was an amazing father for years. But then he lost his job and started drinking. He would arrive home late reeking of alcohol. He would become very sexual and aggressive. At first I kept him away from Elena only letting him beat me. But one day he wouldn't have it anymore and was determined to go after Elena. He locked me in the bedroom. All I could do was hope and pray for a miracle so that he wouldn't touch her. But it was no use. I heard everything that happened that night. I felt like I died every single time I heard our little girl scream.

I should of called the police or done something but I was to scared. Scared that they wouldn't believe me or that Charlie would find out and hurt Elena even more. The abuse went on for years and I couldn't/can't take it anymore.

Once I send this letter I am going to kill myself.

Don't feel bad for me. There is nothing you could have ever done to save me.

But you can save our daughter. I beg of you to. I know you now have a successful career and a family of your own. And I know suddenly finding out that you have a 15 year old daughter could hurt that. But PLEASE even if you don't want to take Elena, please get her out of that house. And please let her know who you are, let her meet you. And give her the other envelope I sent you.

Don't let her suffer for my mistakes.

Goodbye my first and only love,

Angel
p.s.
On the back is ways to get in contact with someone who could help you find Elena and get custody if you want it.'

I read the letter over and over again feeling the same emotions, sadness, shock, Anger, Rage, love. I couldn't believe that this had happened to my own child. The pain in my own heart forced tears to run down my face.

I put the letter down and picked up the picture of Elena, My daughter. I know what I have to do, but first i must tell Lyn-z.

I walk down the stairs and find my wife feeding Bandit lunch.

'Hey, babe our lunch is almost finished just let me Finnish feeding lady B.'

I nod as I sit down at the table next to her. And look at the picture of Elena in my hand with tears still running down my face from shock.

'Gee what’s wrong? Why are you crying?' my wife asks when she sees my current state.

Not trusting my voice, I hand her the letter and the picture. She gives me a cofused look.

'What is this?'

'Read it.' is all I can choke out. Whatever way she reacts to the letter will change both our lives forever.

I watch her face as her eyes scan back and forth cross the page. Her face shows similar emotions to what I felt when I read it. She just stared at the picture and then at me. She switched between the two over and over again, Until she puts her hand on mine.

'I promise you, I’m not mad. A little shocked but not mad. There is no doubt in my mind that this little girl is your daughter. Now tell me, what do you want to do?'

'Well, I have to go get her. Take her away from that horrible man. I want so badly to know her. But that would be up to her.' I said as I looked at the picture again.

'Then what are you waiting for, go get her!' my wife said before kissing me on the cheek.

'You’re amazing, you know that?' I say as I get up heading my computer to find away to get to Elena.

'Oh, I know.' she said with a wink as she turned her attention back to bandit.
I was the luckiest man alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
And there you go. Sorry it took so long. And that is the end of stuff for me to edit I will now start writing again. I head like 10 chapters written already written and then it was all lost. So it’s going to take me a while to recreate everything the way I had it.