Status: In Progress

Headliner

Two

Email message:

To: Sophie Labelle <Sophie.Labelle@thepbpress.com>
Fr: Stacey Cowley <Stacey.Cowley@thepbpress.com>
Re: Travel Services

Ms. Labelle,

This is an e-mail reminding you of your flight scheduled at 6:30 AM from Pittsburgh International Airport to Ottawa/MacDonald Cartier International Airport. Your tickets will be available at the gate and the Press took the liberty of renting you a car that will be available at Enterprise just outside the airport.

Your return time is 7:00 AM on Sunday, and please remember to arrive at the airport three hours ahead of time for international flights.

Thank you and have a wonderful trip,
Stacey Cowley

---

FROM THE DESK OF: Sophie Labelle
- Pour food into automatic cat feeder
- Pour water into automatic cat water thing
- Put Chester on top of cabinet, make sure aquarium tank is completely closed
- MAKE SURE NO LIQUIDS ARE IN BAG!!!!
- Buy travel diary at duty free
- Buy Dasani

Sophie Labelle
International Affairs Correspondent
International and Travel, The Pittsburgh Press
34 Blvd. of the Allies
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
412-321-2322, Sophie.Labelle@thepbpress.com

---

Montrealgirl88: What are you doing up at 3 in the morning?
LoveOrcas00: Mark made me watch The Hills Have Eyes and now I can’t sleep. What are YOU doing up at 3?
Montrealgirl88: Being late to catch my flight. The lid of Chester’s aquarium wont close and I’m worried Frankie is going to eat him.
LoveOrcas00: Can’t you just put a plate or something on top of it?
Montrealgirl88: Huh. Didn’t think about that. Clearly, I need a trip to Starbucks.
LoveOrcas00: You really should go. Security is going to take you forever to get through.
Montrealgirl88: I guess you’re right. I’ll see you Monday!

---
Pittsburgh International Airport
Landside Terminal, 4th Floor, Mezz
Pittsburgh, PA

Reg 1 Time: 5:43 am
Cashier 563
Name: Brian

1 Cosmopo Magazi 3.99
1 UsWeekl Magazi 1.99
1 Shape Magazi 3.99
1 pck goldfish 3.00
1 pck oreo 3.00
1 pck pringle 3.00
1 pck orbit 1.69
1 pck choco gold 3.00
1 sr ptch kids 2.00
1 perrier 1.64
1 trvl diar 9.50
Tax: 3.87
Total: 36.68
Charge

Sophie Labelle
xxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx

Thank you for shopping at Pittsburgh International Airport Duty Free!

THE TRAVEL DIARY OF: Sophie Labelle
I wanted to write in this earlier, but the in flight movie was Two Weeks Notice and I love Hugh Grant so I couldn’t pull away. And after the movie, the gentleman sitting to my right told me a wonderful story about Vietnam and commented on how I was a “very nice young lady” and not like the “rude youth of today”. It made me happy until the kid behind me started kicking my seat, which caused me to turn around and yell at him to knock it off.

Though I mean really, being from New York, I feel like I let the brat off easy. The man next to me, who’s name was Paul Capote, didn’t talk to me the rest of the flight. Apparently though, he was going to see his grandkids in Ottawa.

Ooh okay, we’re getting off now. There was a cute guy in the front of the plane that I’m planning on accidentally bumping into. At first I resented the fact that I’m going straight from the airport to my interview, but now I’m kind of glad. I happen to feel like I look very business chic in my white button down and black pencil skirt. My heels are a little slutty but, whatever. Screw it.

---

Email message:

To: Sophie Labelle <Sophie.Labelle@thepbpress.com>
Fr: Sarah Hughes <Sarah. Hughes@thepbpress.com>
Re: are you dead?

Just wanted to see if you made it off of your flight or not. And wasn’t it nice of Stacey in Travel Services to give you a blackberry? Now we can email and IM whenever! Even though I know it’s supposed to be for work purposes only.

Email message:

To: Sarah Hughes <Sarah. Hughes@thepbpress.com>
Fr: Sophie Labelle <Sophie. Labelle@thepbpress.com>
Re: are you dead?
Nope! Sorry, you don’t get to inherit my Batman dvds. I’m still alive, albeit barely. I thought I had my interview as soon as I got off the plane but then I remembered it was pushed back for an hour. And I thought I wouldn’t have time to change so I wore my white blouse and black skirt and heels. So now I’m in my hotel and I can’t see the floor number because these massive guys got on the elevator and theres like 4 of them and there’s little old 5’3 me in the back and I can’t see the room number.

Email message:

To: Sophie Labelle <Sophie.Labelle@thepbpress.com >
Fr: Sarah Hughes <Sarah. Hughes@thepbpress.com>
Re: are you dead?

…please don’t say anything. I know you’ve lived in New York City and are all jaded and whatever, but please. People in Canada are polite. They’ve probably never even heard the F word.

Email message:

To: Sophie Labelle <Sophie.Labelle@thepbpress.com >
Fr: Sarah Hughes <Sarah. Hughes@thepbpress.com>
Re: are you dead?

…SOPHIE??????? I KNOW YOU SAID SOMETHING.

To: Sarah Hughes <Sarah. Hughes@thepbpress.com>
Fr: Sophie Labelle <Sophie. Labelle@thepbpress.com>
Re: are you dead?

Whoa. Relax. All I said was “Hey Godzilla, would you mind moving to the side so the rest of us can see?” and then he looked at me and turned to his friend and said “Short girl in the back is cute but has a loud mouth.” In French, to which I responded “Massive man in the front is awkwardly large and in my way.” In French which made his friend laugh and he went “Move, Max” and he finally stepped to the side. I mean really, all I wanted to see was the room number on the elevator.

I said “merci” on the way out, don’t worry. Pittsburgh has made me more polite.

Email message:

To: Sophie Labelle <Sophie.Labelle@thepbpress.com >
Fr: Sarah Hughes <Sarah. Hughes@thepbpress.com>
Re: are you dead?

You’re going to get shot one day and John Mergar down in Crime will be reporting on your dead body.