Status: In Progress

Headliner

Three

Email message:

To: Sophie Labelle <Sophie.Labelle@thepbpress.com >
Fr: Katherine Sokolov <Katherine. Sokolov@thepbpress.com>
Re: Tardy Warning

Dear Ms. Labelle,
I am personally writing this message to you to inform you that this is your third tardy within the past six months. Tardiness is a serious issue that are signs of further problems such as alcoholism, gambling addiction or domestic violence. If you’re suffering any of these problems or have other issues that need to be accounted for, please do not hesitate to contact me. As your human resource representative, my job is to ensure that you are happy and fulfilled with your job at The Pittsburgh Press.

Please note that further tardiness can lead to suspensions or dismissal.

Thank you,
Katherine Sokolov
Human Resource Representative, L-Z

Email message:

To: Sophie Labelle <Sophie.Labelle@thepbpress.com >
Fr: Sarah Hughes <Sarah. Hughes@thepbpress.com>
Re: WHERE ARE YOU??

That Katherine girl from Human Resources is sniffing around your office and Andrew needs that copy of your Ottawa report. And the Krispy Kreme down on North Shore ran out of chocolate sprinkle so he’s all ..you know. Angry.

Seriously, GET DOWN HERE NOW.

Email message:

To: Maxime Talbot <MTalbot@penguins.nhl.com>
Fr: Deryk Engellend <DEngellend@penguins.nhl.com>
Re: (No Subject)

Where are you, man? Practice is starting in like five minutes and I don’t even see your car in the lot. Dan’s gonna flip if you’re not here.

To: Maxime Talbot <MTalbot@penguins.nhl.com>
Fr: Matthew Cooke <MCooke@penguins.nhl.com>
Re: You

Are not at practice. If you’re not here in like three minutes, Bylsma is going to make you automatic mustache boy and bro, you don’t look good with a stache.

To: Deryk Engellend <DEngellend@penguins.nhl.com>, Kristopher Letang <KLetang@penguins.nhl.com>, Matthew Cooke<MCooke@penguins.nhl.com>
Fr: Maxime Talbot <MTalbot@penguins.nhl.com>
Re: Me

You want to know why I was TEN minutes late for practice? Do you really want to know? Because I’d like to forget.

Kris, remember that girl who called me a giant in the elevator in Ottawa? Yeah. Her. That’s what happened. I was walking out of Starbucks and she bumps into me, I spill my coffee and the situation almost comes to blows.

And no, not the good kind.

I think I have a stalker. I’m almost at the rink.

Email message:

To: Sarah Hughes <Sarah. Hughes@thepbpress.com>
Fr: Sophie Labelle <Sophie.Labelle@thepbpress.com>
Re: Where I was

Remember how in Ottawa I was trapped in an elevator by the green bean giants? Yeah, him. That’s what happened.

I was walking to work and was outside of Starbucks and the asshole bumps into me, spills coffee ALL over me and then has the audacity to yell at me about it. Then we both realized who we were and remembered the little elevator situation and things got heated.

Not in the good way.

I literally think he’s stalking me Sarah. Scared for my life here. “Max” is a douche. If that’s even his real name.

__________________

LoveOrcas00: So WAIT. What was his name??? was he cute????????
Montrealgirl88: God, spazz much? And no. He was the spawn of satan.
LoveOrcas00: You’re so dramatic.
Montrealgirl88: I’M dramatic? Take a good look in the mirror, my friend. Besides what am I supposed to do? Love the guy? He spilled coffee on me. And then yelled.
Montrealgirl88: Oh my god, I just got an email from Andrew.
LoveOrcas00: …AND????
Montrealgirl88: It said “SEE ME IN MY OFFICE IMMEDIETLY.”
LoveOrcas00: !!!!!
Montrealgirl88: Oh my god, I’m fired. I’m so fired.
LoveOrcas00: Uh I’m the spazz? They won’t fire you, Soph. You’re the best writer here. Besides me of course. GO.

___________________

Email message:

To: Sophie Labelle<Sophie.Labelle@thepbpress.com>
Fr: Andrew Stevens <Andrew.Stevens@thepbpress.com>
Re: Today

Just to review what we went over, you’ll be reporting at the Consol Energy Center at 11:30 tomorrow to cover the Penguins morning skate. I hate to do this to you Sophie, but after your Ottawa report, I feel like you can do this. In today’s journalism world, you have to be flexible.

Plus, Don retired while you were away and he was our Penguins correspondent for five years. You know how much reader his column gets.

Thanks again,
Andrew