‹ Prequel: Before You Say I Do

Remember Us

Prologue

Currently, I’m reading one of those popular romance stories. I bet you all know it, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Who hasn’t read that book?

Well, if you answered “I haven’t read that book,” then go and pick up a copy. I don’t care if you’re a guy or a girl; it’s an important classic to read.

The first sentence, right away, makes me think though.

“It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of good fortune must be in want of a wife.”

Now my question is, does this work if you switch it around? What if a single woman was wealthy, is she still in want of a husband? And, is it just for those who have family money, or also one’s who work for money. Because, I mean, Adam definitely has family money, as does Finn. But Dakota and I both had to work to get to where we are now. We still want(ed) husbands though. Rich or poor.

Plus, if you’re poor, does that mean you don’t want to get married? I wasn’t rich when I met Adam and I still thought about getting married to him.

These are the questions that keep me up at night.

Well that, and some things to do with the wedding. But wait, I’m getting ahead of myself.

“Ms. Richards, you’re on in five.” The assistant tells me and drags me out of the green room. Ah, the life of the rich and famous, something I’d never get used to.

“nice to see you again Juliana.” Sheila White says, scanning through a few notes on her lap.

“you too Sheila.” I smile at her and she looks up, returning the smile. Whether it was fake or not, I could not tell.

Today’s interview was for a couple reasons. One, my daughter couldn’t keep her mouth shut. Two, my youtube video made even more record company’s call my house.

So now, I had some things to clear up.

The camera person puts up fingers counting down to zero, “and welcome back!” Sheila exclaims, “we now have Juliana Richards with us.” Then she turns to me, “I hear you have a few things to tell us, right Juliana?”

“right. But you’re the host Sheila, why don’t you start with the questions I’m sure you’re dying to ask.”

She chuckles, “well let’s start with the least personal, have you reconsidered becoming a singer?”

“not one bit. My passion is in the kitchen and that’s where it’s going to stay. As you can see, I already get enough attention as it is, I don’t need another reason for the paparazzi to show up on my doorstep.” I smile as I say this, though it was a question I was tired of hearing, “I am though, working with a few artists and writing songs for them. It’s less time consuming.”

“well, we’ll still be hearing your music soon then.”

“one way or another, you will be hearing it.”

“now, back in June you told us you didn’t know who the father of your daughter was.”

I nod, “that is what I told you.”

“and this was repeated while you were in Italy.” I nod again. “would you like to clear this up for us?”

“it seems pretty clear. Katie wanted her dad and Finn went to get him.”

“so, Adam DiGerlando is the father?”

I look down at where the ring once was on my finger and then back up to Sheila and the camera, “you know, it’s a funny story really…”
♠ ♠ ♠
like? love? the story gets better, I promise.
comment.befriend.subscribe.promote.
please.
<3 justrealizelife