‹ Prequel: Before You Say I Do

Remember Us

Epilogue

“MOM!!” I hear Katie scream from her room before storming into mine.

I turn around from mixing the pancake batter to look at her. She looked, well…she looked like Max pulled another prank on her. I don’t know what the sticky substance was, but stuck to it was rainbow feathers.

I stifle a laugh, “what honey?”

“do you see what your son did!?! It’s the last day of school!”

I roll my eyes. Adam and I still don’t know how we raised such a girly girl. It’s not like either of us acted that way. “go wash it off Katie, you’ll be fine. And hey, the honey is a natural moisturizer,” I smile at her and return to the breakfast. I hear her stomping out of the room.

“mom, I swear it wasn’t me!” Max says, walking into the kitchen and taken a seat at the counter.

“what wasn’t you?” I loved catching him in his own denials.

“oh, um, well nothing. I’m sure it’s all taken care of,” he stutters a little as he says this.

Adamsvoice enters the conversation, “why did I just see our daughter running down the hall covered in feathers?”

“I said I didn’t do it!” Max instantly defends. We both stare at him since it was so obvious he did. “really, I just set the bowl next to her and then the feathers on the other side. It’s not my fault she knocked both over.”

I go back to fixing breakfast, “he’s your son Adam, you deal with him.”

About twenty minutes later Katie finally comes back down, all nice and clean. Still though, she didn’t look all that happy. “you ass! I swear you’re not getting away with it this time!” she yells at Max.

“Katie, language,” I finish plating the food and hand each of them one. “Now eat your breakfast or you guys will be late for school.”

We all eat in a silence that isn’t very common in this household. Sometimes it worries me but today I’m deciding to just appreciate it. I’ll freak out later.

“okay, both of you be home by five. We have that NYU party thing to go to for Katie.”

Max groans and Katie grins as they leave for school. Adam wraps his arms around me and pulls me back into the house. “and you have to get to work,” I turn around in his arms.

“eh, it’s not that important.”

“not that important until your boss calls me and tells me to stop keeping his best employee.”

Adam laughs, “well I really don’t have work. Remember? I’m meeting with Zachary Jenson today?”

Zachary Jenson, he was the guy we were interviewing for Katie. She doesn’t know how much trouble we go through just to make sure she’s alive at the end of each day. Somedays I wonder if it would be better to just tell her about all the threats. “right, Zach. Do you think we’re doing the right thing Adam?”

“hiring a boyfriend for our daughter? I highly doubt that’s the right thing. But it’ll be easier than getting a bunch of body guards to be at the school. This way he’ll be around her more often.”

I sigh, something just seemed so wrong about doing it, “I know. It’s just, I would have hated if Blake did that for me.”

Adam looks me in the eye dead serious, “how do you know he didn’t?”

I slap his arm, “just go meet with Zachary and get back to me about it. Okay? I’ll be in the bakery until one and then I have a meeting until three.” I grab my jacket and slip out of his arms, “and don’t forget the party tonight. You can’t miss the fact that your daughter is going off to NYU for college.”

“I won’t miss the party. Now off you go, people are waiting for you.”

I kiss him real quick and then leave, but not without saying a simple I love you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all my amazing readers. I really appreciate you guys sticking by through this whole story. Make sure to check out Damn The Day I Met You when I get it posted...maybe tonight. It's a Katie-spinoff of the story, but totally different. I think y'all will like it (maybe even love??).
COMMENT.BEFRIEND.SUBSCRIBE.PROMOTE.
please.
<3 justrealizelife
p.s. I got ten stars for this story!!! I'm so excited about that!!!!!! <3