Status: active if commented

Good Times Never Seem So Good

Chapter Thirteen

When I learned that Noah fathered Quinn Febrey’s child, I was slightly upset. Partially because he never mentioned it, and I couldn’t help wondering how many other children he may have produced. But I decided to only focus on the performance today and not worry about that situation.

When the bell rang, we all went our separate directions for our last class of the day. I pushed the thought to the back of my mind and went through class as usual. It was rather boring, and the thing that was really going through my mind was what would happen in Glee. The more I thought about the performance, the more nervous I got. It all seemed so unreal.

When I walked into the choir room, I knew it was now or never. I sat down beside Noah; after all, he was my partner. He grabbed my hand, squeezing it to reassure me that everything would be fine.

“We’re gonna rock this place,” he whispered.

“I really hope so,” I said nervously.

“We’re gonna do great, I promise.” I smiled up at him, reflecting his own smile.

“Okay, so who wants to go first today?” Mr. Schue asked as he walked through the door. I saw Rachel’s hand fly up first. Mr. Schue let her and Finn perform first. After they had finished singing a song I’d never heard of, Puck volunteered us to perform next.

My heart started racing, I was nervous. Noah grabbed my hand and pulled me to the front of the room. He plugged my iPod into the small stereo and pushed play. I motioned for Mercedes and Brittany to come and stand up with me, since I let them in on what song we were singing, and I’d asked them to be a part of our little ‘act.’

The music started playing and the whole club started dancing. Me and the girls were dancing towards the back, since that’s how we planned it. Noah was closer to the other students, but he was singing to me.

Noah: I make them good girls go bad
I make them good girls go
Good girls go bad
Good girls go bad

I know your type
Yeah daddy's lil' girl
Just take a bite
Let me shake up your world
Cause just one night couldn't be so wrong
I'm gonna make you lose control

She was so shy
'Til I drove her wild

I make them good girls go bad
I make them good girls go bad

You were hanging in the corner
With your five best friends
You heard that I was trouble but you couldn't resist
I make them good girls go bad
I make them good girls go
Good girls go bad
Good girls go bad
Good girls go


Before it was my turn to sing, I walked away from my little group and over to Noah. We started dancing together, making it look sexy and fun.

Me: I know your type
Boy you're dangerous
Yeah you're that guy
I'd be stupid to trust
But just one night couldn't be so wrong
You make me want to lose control


Noah: She was so shy
'Til I drove her wild

I make them good girls go bad
I make them good girls go bad


Me: I was hanging in the corner
With my five best friends
I heard that you were trouble but I couldn't resist


Noah: I make them good girls go bad
I make them good girls go
Good girls go bad
Good girls go bad
Good girls go bad

Oh she got a way with them boys in the place
Treat 'em like they don't stand a chance


Me: And he got a way with them girls in the back
Actin' like they too hot to dance


All the boys: Yeah she got a way with them boys in the place
Treat 'em like they don't stand a chance


All the girls: And he got a way with them girls in the back
Actin' like they too hot to dance


Me and Noah: I make them good girls go bad
I make them good girls go
Them good girls go bad
Good girls go bad


Me: I was hanging in the corner
With my five best friends
I heard that you were trouble but I couldn't resist


Noah: I make them good girls go bad
I make them good girls go bad
I make them good girls go
Good girls go bad
Good girls go bad
Good girls go


As we ended the song, the whole Glee club, including Mr. Schue, were dancing along with us. I didn’t expect that good of a response, but everyone loved it. When the song ended, everyone started clapping, including Noah and me. He threw his arm over my shoulder and pulled me close to his body. He planted a kiss on my forehead and said, “Good job.”

“That was awesome you guys!” Mr. Schue exclaimed. The rest of the crowd was saying how great our performance was and how they all felt that ours was far better than anyone else’s could possibly be. Rachel on the other hand, wasn’t too excited.

“I thought the song choice was a little too…risqué, don’t you think?”

“Rachel, you and Finn sang a show tune, they sang something exciting,” Santana argued. I was pretty sure she was just defending Noah, not me. “Though that may have been out of Finn’s comfort zone, it wasn’t out of yours.”

That shut Rachel up. But Mr. Schue jumped in before anything else could be said and sent the next group to go up and sing.

After watching all of the performances, I couldn’t lie. Our performance was high above the rest, but they all did really well. It was a fun day.

When everyone was heading out the door to leave, Noah came up to me, threw his arm around my shoulders and started walking us towards the door. Quinn and Finn were ahead of us, walking in the same manner.

“So how about we go to my place for some celebratory drinks?” he asked me. Quinn then turned around, giving me a sympathetic look, then slightly shook her head. I took that as a warning and declined his offer.

“What about celebratory ice cream? Ice cream is good, everyone loves ice cream,” I said quickly.

“Well if that’s what you want, then alright,” he said. I smiled at him. He didn’t seem so happy about ice cream, but I didn’t want to end up pregnant. Though it might not be a problem because he used a condom the first time we slept together. Maybe it’s a different story when he’s been drinking.

Noah drove to the nearest ice cream joint. We walked into the building and ordered our ice cream. We sat down in a booth and started eating. Noah kept talking about the performance and all I wanted to talk about was his daughter. Yes, that was still on my mind.

As I dug my spoon into the mounds of Moose Tracks ice cream, I planned out how I was going to bring up the whole Beth thing. I figured getting to the point was probably the best way.

“So why don’t you tell me about Beth,” I said casually. Noah stared at me like a deer caught in headlights.

“How’d you find out about that?”

“Well I was curious about what happened last year, so I just asked.”

“Who told you?”

“Everyone. Well Quinn told me, but everyone was there. Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t really think that was something to tell…you.” It sounded like he wanted to say something else, but then at the last minute, he cranked out ‘you.’

“Still.”

“Is that why you didn’t want to drink?”

“Well, didn’t you see that look Quinn gave me when you said something about celebratory drinks? “

“You think I would do that to you?”

“I don’t know.”

“Well I wouldn’t. I’d never get you drunk just so I could take advantage of you. Believe it or not, I actually learned something from that,” he said.

“Good.”

“So I wanted to ask you something…”

“Okay?”

“I was wondering-”

“Oh, there’s Sam. Sam!” I called. Sam turned and as he saw me he smiled. The smile faded when he saw I was sitting across from Noah, but he walked over anyway. There was a little girl, with blond hair just like Sam, following him.

“Hey Sam!”

“Hey guys. My sister wanted ice cream, so here we are. This is Stacey,” he introduced. The little beside Sam waved.

“Hi Stacey, I’m Brooklyn, and this is Noah.”

“Puck,” he corrected.

“You guys can join us if you want,” I offered. I moved over to where Noah was sitting so Sam and Stacey could share a booth. Noah just glared at me while Sam and his sister went to go order their ice cream.

“What? I’m just being nice.” He shook his head and finished his ice cream. He didn’t talk for the rest of the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Good Girls Go Bad - Cobra Starship

Sorry for the long wait. Hopefully this chapter is better than the last.

Oh, and the number of readers and subscribers jumped since the last time I checked it, leaving me with FIVE stars. I'm soo happy! Thank you guys soooo much!!!