Status: Activee

Passenger Seat

"With Brooke Reynold's?"

“B! Slow down!” I heard John say as we walked down the street, he was a few feet behind me trying to catch up with me.

“B!” I didn't want to be near him. I didn't want to hold his hand, I didn't want to see his smile. I wanted to know who he was on the phone with, I wanted to know what he told them. Was it Kennedy? And what did he give or get from that sales lady from one of the stories. All these questions were filling my mind and it made me angry.

“Can you just slow down Blake?” I stopped and turned around and looked at him. My face wasn't pleasant. I was angry and he knew it once he saw me.

“Who were you on the phone with?” I said in a hash voice.

He gave me a confused face and started to smile. “Why does it matter?” he said in a challenging voice. I shrugged my shoulders and lifted my arms up and had them fall to my sides. I let out an aggravating sigh and just shook my head slowly. I looked away from his eyes and I just couldn't take it anymore.

“Was it Kennedy? What did you say to him?We shouldn't of done what we just did in the dressing room.” I let out another sigh and couldn't bare to be in this position anymore.

“What? What are you talking about?”

“Just tell me who you were on the phone with.” I said in a more calm but still worried voice. I didn't want to hear the words come out of his mouth.

“I,” he took a step closer to me and looked me in the eyes. I wanted to look away but I just couldn't. “I can't tell you.” he said and I pushed him back a little and started to walk away. That wasn't want I wanted to hear. He must have been talking to Kennedy and just didn't want to admit it.

“No B, please just stop.” he said but I didn't I kept on walking. I hear footsteps coming up to me and I felt a pull from my wrist. I was turned around and met with his lips. I melted under his touch and forgot about everything. He pulled back and had a weak smile on his face.

“I can't tell you because it would ruin the surprise.” I gave him a confused look and didn't understand what he meant by surprise. “Just trust me, okay” he said with a reassuring smile.

“So it wasn't Kennedy?” I asked one more time which made him laugh.

“No, why would it be Kennedy after we got so heated back there?” I let out a laugh and shrugged my arms.

“I uh I don't know. I'm sorry.”

“Don't worry about it.” he leaned down and kissed the top of my head. “Come on lets go find a motel, you need a shower, you smell.” I let out a laugh and slapped his arm.

“Oh shut up, no I don't. I think it's you who smells.”

We went back to the car which was actually parked really far away. I was so tired and needed a good place to sleep. But as we walked his hand found his way to my hand and I felt a lot better. I don't know why I over reacted. I guess I was just tired and needed a good bed to lay on.

The walk back to the car felt like it took forever, mostly because it was so hot out and I was thirsty. My eyes felt heavy and my body felt weak. I was happy when we finally saw the car parked in the Dunkin Donuts parking lot. I couldn't wait to sit down and feel the air conditioning blowing on us.

“You look so tired.” John said as we slipped into the car.

“I am so tired.” I said with a small laugh.

“Close your eyes and I'll wake you up when I find a hotel and a room.” I looked over and him and gave him a smile and nodded my head. I scooted down the seat to get in a better position and closed my eyes and thought about John and I's “moment” in the dressing room. I couldn't fall asleep now that I had this in my head.

I finally drifted off the sleep and dreamed about me and John getting closer and being together. I must have had a smile on face the whole time. The car came to a stop and I was still in my sleep stage but I could hear John get out of the car and shutting the door. The silence was peaceful and made me more tired making me really fall asleep.

I felt a big cloud of warm air surround me. A hand was on my shoulder and I was being nudged.

“Hey, B, wake up.” I opened my eyes to see my door open and John crouching down trying to wake me up.

“I got us a room and I already brought our bags up there, so come on.” he said. It took a me a moment to fully understand what was going on. I leaned up and swung my legs out of the car and stood up next to John. He wrapped his arm around me and held on to me. I looked up at him and gave him a smile which he returned back to me.

We went inside the motel and got onto an elevator which brought up to the second floor. We walked almost to the end of the hallway and found our selves standing in front of room 105. John pulled out the key card and opened up the door. I walked in before John and fell onto the bed.

“This feels amazing.” I said as I laid on the bed.

“Are you going to take another nap?”

“I'm not sure, but laying here feels amazing. Are you tired?”

“Yeah a little.” He said in a low voice.

I slapped the empty space next to me, telling him, he could lay next to me.

“Are you sure? I can just make a bed on the ground.”

“No, John it's fine. This is my side and that's your side.”

my eyes were closed the whole time talking to him. All I wanted was to fall asleep in his arm, now that things were different between us, I wanted to feel him holding me close to his body. I felt the spot next to me sink in and I heard John let out a long sigh and got comfortable.

“This does feel amazing.” he said with a small laugh.

“Today was fun.” I said as I rolled over to my side to look at him.

“It was, but it's not over.” He turned his head to look at me.

“Its not?”

“I've got more up my sleeve.” he said with a goofy smile. I reached over to give him a hug which he accepted and put his arms around me and pulled me into him. He held me close to him and I didn't mind at all. We didn't pull away, we just stayed liked that and fell asleep.

I woke up when I felt movement and shaking from the bed. I opened up my eyes and saw John trying to be quiet and get off the bed.

“Hey” I said in a meek voice.

He turned around and gave me a small smile. “Hey there. Did you sleep well.”

Did I sleep well? That was just a silly question. I fell sleep in the arms of my new crush, was he even a crush? Or was I just missing having a boyfriend who cared? Maybe I just missed that attention coming from a boy.

“Yeah it felt better than the sand.” we both laughed and agreed. He slipped into the bathroom and I got out of the bed and stretched. The time read that it was going on 3:30 and we still didn't have lunch yet. I felt my stomach rumble and I knew I needed food soon. John came out of the bathroom, wiping his wet hands on his jeans and he looked at me.

“I'm hungry.” I said right away.

“Yeah same here.”

“What do you feel like eating?”

“Well I don't want to spoil it but I have a dinner planned for tonight so I don't want to eat to much. So something light.” I right away got excited and couldn't wait.

“Really? That sounds great. Lets just go to a vending machine and get small snack and relax here.” He nodded his head and picked up his wallet off the nightstand.

We walked out of the room going to the main hallway where there were two vending machines holding all the snacks little kids beg their parents to buy for them. We looked at our options and picked out some crackers and chips and one rice crispy treat that we would split. We headed back to the room and turned on the TV.

We sat on the bed munching on the sugary and salty treats we bought when my phone went off. I ran to my purse and saw that Kennedy was calling. I looked over at John with wide eyes and he looked all worried.

“What? Who is it?”

I didn't answer him because I was picking it up the phone.

“Hello? Kennedy?” my eyes were still on John and he nodded his head when he heard me say his head.

“Hey B, Are you free to talk?” He said

“Um yeah I can talk, whats up?”

“I just wanted to call and see how you've been. I miss you like crazy” I rolled my eyes and I didn't want to hear this. I was done, he was erased from my thoughts.

“Kennedy,” I said as I dragged out his name. “I don't want to hear this. I'm-”

“No, please just listen.” He said in a harsh voice. Even though he couldn't see me I still nodded my head. I leaned up against the wall and slid down, sitting on the ground.

“I will do anything to get you back. You and I are meant to be. I know you don't see it right now and were in a rough spot but I know were suppose to be together. I love you and if you need this space, I'll give it to you. I just want you to come home and be mine.”

I closed my eyes and plopped my elbow on my knew and covered my eyes with my hand. I didn't want John to see me this upset.

“Kennedy you can't keep doing this to me. Please, were not meant to be, get it through your mind. Were not suppose to be together, we hate each other. How about you,” I looked over at John and he quickly looked away, trying to make it seem like he wasn't listening. I got up from the ground and went into the bathroom and sat on the edge of the bath tube. “How about you go back to Brooke whatever her face is, you guys seemed to hit it off.” I stopped the small tears that were forming in my eyes and got angry.

“Are you fucking kidding me right now B?” His voice got louder and harsher. “That was a year ago and your still complaining about it? Get over it Blake.”

“Get over it? You cheated on me, you fucked another girl, how can I get over it?”

“Because you love me as a boyfriend and a friend. You know she doesn't mean anything to me. Your all I want.” He said in caring voice, “If you can wait 'til I get home, then I swear to you that we can make this last.” He sang softly to me.

“No,don't you dare sing that song, I'm done with this conversation. Goodbye Kennedy.” I said as I hung up the phone and just looked at myself in the mirror. I splashed cool water onto my face and tied up my hair into a messy bun on the top of my head. I opened up the door and looked over at John. He looked so concerned and worried that I would just break right there.

“Are you okay?” he said as he got up from the bed and went over to me to give me a hug.

“Oh yeah, I'm fine.” he looked down at me like he didn't believe me “No really, I'm okay.” I gave him a smile and he nodded his head and held me close to him. I pulled away not feeling like being close to anyone.

“Did you hear anything or everything?” I knew I was talking loud and he probably heard everything. He looked over at me with sad eyes and nodded his head and I did the same. “I'm sorry you did.”

“Why didn't we know about this?” he said softly.

“What? About Kennedy having a fuck buddy with that Brooke girl?” I tried to erase that whole thing. But it still clogged up my thoughts and the only thing that got erased was her last name.

“With Brooke Reynolds?” We pulled away and he just looked at me wanting all the answers.

“Yup that'd be her. I didn't think it was my place to just tattle on him, he should of but he isn't man enough.”

“You didn't even tell Pat or Garrett?” I shook my head and started to feel bad that I never told but like I said I didn't feel like it was my spot to tell.

“I don't really want to talk about this.”

He nodded his head and his worried eyes never left. I knew he had so many questions but right now I was just emotionally exhausted. I didn't want to deal with it.

“Alright that's fine.” He started to walk away, “I'm going to jump in the shower.” He slipped into the bathroom and I just laid on the bed. Kennedy was now trapped in my mind and I couldn't get him out of there. I didn't want to be thinking about him but I couldn't help it. I wanted to hate him and I did but there was still a part of me that cared for him, maybe not as a boyfriend but still as a friend. What he did to me changed our relationship, I knew when me and John finally talked about it he would ask why I stayed with him. I'm not sure why I did, I was miserable after I found out and I wanted to get out of that relationship but I couldn't just leave him.

“B, are you okay?” I snapped out of my thoughts and looked over at John, he was dressed nicely and his hair was slicked back. He looked over at me with worried eyes.

“Yeah, just thinking.”

“Well stop thinking and get ready, tonight will be great.” He had this huge smile on his face and I trusted him that we would have fun. At least I hoped it will be.
♠ ♠ ♠
The ending sucked. I'm sorry.
next chapter will be cute.

what do you guys think? I had that all planned since the beginning.

i want to hear your thoughts and predictions.

comment and subscribe.