Status: Activee

Passenger Seat

Would you rather

We left Johns house around 3. He got onto the highway and went North. I wondered if he had a plan on where we were going, but I didn't ask. I didn't want to know where we were going. we put Bring Me The Horizon to keep us up and wide awake.

It was going on 5 and I looked over at John and he seemed pretty tired.

"Do you need to pull over and relax? Or I can take over and drive." he looked over at me with sleepy eyes but he tried to hide it.

"I just need some coffee" he gave me a smile. "Look out for a sign for Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks."

We got off the high way and found a Dunkin Donuts that was open.

John got a black coffee and a bagel and I ordered a blueberry coffee and a muffin. We sat down in one of the booth, that was really sticky.

“So do you even know where were going?” I asked.

“No not really.” he gave a little chuckle. “I thought we could just follow the road signs until we decided to stop.”

I started to smile “that sounds like a good plan.”

“If you want me to drive I will though, just ask.”

“No no no, I don't want you to. I want you to just chill and relax.” John was such a sweet heart.

“If you say so, but if you need to take a break I'll take over.”

“I'll keep that in mind.”

We kept talking and finishing our breakfasts. We left the Dun kin Donuts not to much

longer and got back on the highway. I started to drift off to sleep when the clock turned 7 o'clock.

Put your eyes on me and I know a place where we can get away

I was starting to wake up when I heard the music being played and John singing softly.

To say i want you just exactly like i use to cause baby this is only bring me down.

“I love this song.”

I think I might of scared John, I don't think he realized that I woke up. “Yeah this whole album is good. Did you have a good nap?” He gave me a bright smile.

“I did actually and waking up to that song was nice.” Waking up to his voice was nice. John's voice always made me melt inside.

“I'm sorry if I was to loud and woke you up.”

“Oh not its fine, don't worry. Do you know where we are?” I looked around for some sign but nothing seemed familiar.

“Yeah were in Nevada”

“Oh nice. Has anyone tried contacting you?” I asked as I picked up my purse and looked for my phone to see if anyone had tried to contact me.

“Well seeing that its only 7:45, I don't think anyone is up yet.”

I looked at the clock and he was right no one would be up right now. “Oh yeah, it feels like it should be later.”

“So I saw a sign for a state park, do you want to go and just stretch our legs?”

“Yeah that sounds fun.”

We turned up the music and sang to the words. I loved looking out the window and watching the open land, signs and trees pass by. I thought about Kennedy and how I wish I could talk to him but then again I didn't want to. We got into a fight and it wasn't that big of a fight, it was out usual little disagreements that we got into, but this time it just went to far.

10 minutes later we got off the highway and followed the signs to the state park.

“Welcome To Valley of Fire” read one of the signs.

“That's a lovely name for a park.” we both laughed at that.

We got out of the car and it felt good to be outside and to stretch my legs. I had my legs up on the dashboard and they started to go numb. It was pretty hott out, there was hardly any shade because there were a lack of trees. I took off my top shirt and was left in my tank top and I tried to roll up my pants but had no luck. John had the same idea he was left in his white beater and also tried to roll up his pants.

“I think this was a bad idea, its so hott.” I swiped my hand across my forehead and I was already sweating.

“No, it'll be fine, its not that hott out.” he started to walk and gestured for me to follow, so I did.

“Would you rather be in this weather or in a blizzard?” i asked a few minutes later. I looked up at him and saw his face form into a confused expression.
He looked down at me and gave a small laugh “What?”

“Just answer the question; would you rather be in this weather or in a blizzard?”

He stayed quiet for a few “I would say this weather, I've been in Arizona my whole life and I've just gotten use to this warm weather.”

“Nice.Now ask me a question.”

“Oh um... Would you rather have a missing finger or have an extra toe?” he said pretty seriously

“What” I just laughed. “What kind of question is that?”

“Its a pretty serious one, so whats your answer? No finger or extra toe?”

“I don't know I guess extra toe cause then I can hide it most of the time.”

“Yeah that's what I would pick. Your turn”

“Oh I got one Would you rather live without music or live without T.V.?”

“That is a tough one hm let me think.” He brought his hand up to his chin and stroked it

“Live without T.V. Of course, music is my life”

“Your predictable. Your turn.”

“Whats your favorite memory?”

“Umm” I had to think about that. I've had so many memories I couldn't think of them all.

“It would have to be this one time me and my dad went out on a drive late at night, I don't remember why we were out so late but it was already dark out and it was peaceful just me and him. And while we were driving around Death Cab For Cutie was playing and Passenger Seat was playing and that moment with that song playing it all just felt right. Life was good back then, it wasn't stressful it was just simple.” I just smiled at that memory.

“What about you?”

“I don't know, being on the road and touring I've made so many memories that's hard to think of.”

“Well whats one of them? You have to have a memory you think a lot about.”

“Okay there was this one time I don't remember where we were but it was on the east coast because it was freezing cold. Me Garrett and Jared were outside talking to some fans and I kind of bumped into a fan and when I apologized she seemed kind of upset so I tried to talk to her but she just wasn't putting any effort into the conversation...”

“Your John O'Callaghan who wouldn't want to talk to you.”

“I know right? Fans these days.” we both let out a laugh and he continued “Anyways I was walking away and she spoke up saying she was sorry that she was being quiet it was because I guess her friend had just died and while she was talking about it she started to tear up so I brought her to the van and we sat in the door way of the van and I got my acoustic guitar and played it. I told her that when I felt down I always leaned towards music. And that moment I knew that what I do, being in a band and all, was exactly what I'm suppose to do. I'll never forget that girls smile.”

I looked up at him and he had such a big smile on.

“Wow John, that's awesome. I think that's why I came to you. I feel safe with you and you just always know what to do.”

he looked down at me and wrapped his left arm around my shoulder and brought me closer to him.

We both just smiled at each other.“Come on lets get into some A.C. Its freakin hott out here.” he said as we turned around and walked back to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blake
What do you think of their relationship? can i get some predictions on whats going to happen?
read my other story Always Something More
please comment and subscribe that would be reallly cool.
and the story john told was kind of true. i read it on tumblr like forever ago and it was soo cute.