‹ Prequel: Sink Into Me
Status: Active

Carpe Diem

Ten.

It was great to catch up with Lidia, I’d say we sat there and spoke for over an hour, I guess that’s what not seeing each other for over three months can do to you. Mind you saying that, we hadn’t even gotten half way through when my phone started buzzing. I pulled it out of my pocket and unlocked it.

one new message from Collin.

Hey you! We’re setting up now, should be on in about ten minutes. Head over. :)

“Who’s it from?” Lidia questioned.

“Collin, he said they’re setting up. We should get back.” I chuckled as I stood up, picking Kade up with me.

“So are you and Collin…you know..?” She questioned.

“Lidia, since when have you been one to not spit things out? But no, we’re just really close” I laughed. “He treats Kade like he’s his own son, it’s amazing.”

“Aww, that’s cute” She grinned. “I just had to ask though, you know?”

“I can understand why you’re asking, Lid. Collin and I will always be just friends, but as for Collin and Hayden…well…” I smirked.

“TELL ME!” She exclaimed.

“That story’ll have to wait for another day.” I winked as I grabbed her arm, pulling her up.

“Don’t do this to me, Tay!” She whined as we began to make our way back to the fence once more.

“You know you love me” I grinned.

“True. Hey, Tay? Do you think I could look after Kade for a while? Considering I’ve not seen him in ages?” She asked hopefully.

“You don’t even have to ask.” I chuckled. “Be a good boy for Auntie Lidia okay kid?” I smiled, kissing his cheek.

“I will! I love you Mommy.” He giggled.

“I love you too kid.” I grinned as I handed him over to Lidia.

“Auntie Lidia!” He exclaimed, immediately wrapping his arms around her neck.

“This kid has so many Auntie’s and Uncle’s it’s unreal.” I laughed.

She chuckled in response and wrapped her arms around him securely as we made our way once more through the gate and into the masses of people, who seemed to have doubled since earlier.

“I can’t remember which way we came from.” I laughed as I pulled Lidia through the crowd with me.

“Me neither, just keep walking.” She chuckled.

I had no idea where I was headed because I couldn’t see through the crowds or above people’s heads to find my way to the stage, but some luck was on my side, as I found myself dragging Lidia through the crowd and past a merch and signing tent.

“Hey kiddo!” I heard from the inside of the tent, snapping my head quickly in the direction I saw Nick finishing signing things for fans before running towards me.

“Hey! Having fun?” I grinned.

“Oh you betcha, where’re you headed?” He questioned.

“Well we’re trying to find the stage again, but considering the amount of people here in the last hour have practically doubled we can’t find our way.” I laughed.

He chuckled in response. “Come on, I’ll take you.” He said as grabbed my hand and pulled me in the opposite direction and through the crowd, giving me just enough time to grab the hem of Lidia’s shirt in order to pull her along with me. I turned around and flashed a confused look at Lidia quickly, who just smirked. I didn’t know why, though.

Before I knew it we were back in the previous place of where we’d watched A Rocket To The Moon, except this time it was for Hit The Lights, I smiled to myself, I couldn’t wait to hear them play. I had to hand it to Nick though, I probably wouldn’t have found the stage again for a while if he hadn’t have taken us back to where it was, considering we were going the wrong way in the first place.

“voilà!” He grinned as he let go of my hand.

“You’re a lifesaver! At that rate I could’ve been wandering around for ages.” I chuckled as Lidia poked me in the ribs as she stood next to me with her arms tightly wrapped around Kade, who was as no surprise, asleep again.

“It’s no problem, oh I have to say though.” He said as he turned to Lidia. “You have the most adorable kid ever.” He grinned.

Awkward.

“I wish, but he’s not mine.” She chuckled.

“He’s mine.” I laughed.

I don’t know why, but I half expected Nick to be like “you have a kid at your age? What the? Are you crazy?!” I mean, I know I wasn’t that young, but I was quite young to have a kid.

“Apologies.” He chuckled. “you have the most adorable kid ever.”

“Why thank you.” I smiled. “Mind you, he has loads of “parents” everyone wants to take care of him, for example.” I grinned as I pointed to Lidia who laughed.

“I can see why.” He said as he looked at Kade, grinning.

I couldn’t help but smile to myself, It did bother me when people assumed that I’d had a kid at a young age on purpose and that I shouldn’t be a mother as I wasn’t fit to be because I was practically a kid myself, but the people who minded didn’t matter, and the people who mattered didn’t mind.

“There you are!” I heard from behind me as I turned around to be met with Hayden, Matt, Eddie, Fred Mark and Adam.

“Here I am!” I winked as I hugged her.

The crowd erupted into cheers as Collin, Omar, David, Nathan and Nick ran on stage.

“HEY NEWARK! HOW YOU FEELING?” Collin yelled into his microphone as everyone cheered in response.

“DID YOU ENJOY A ROCKET TO THE MOON?!” He questioned as everyone screamed louder, including Lidia and I, before I turned to Nick and grinned, who grinned in response.

“THAT’S GREAT! Okay so, we’re Hit The Lights if you didn’t know already, and we’re going to play some songs for you guys, is that okay?!”

“I love you Collin!” Some girl screamed at the front.

“I love you too!” He laughed.

I turned around to face Hayden. “Yeah, but we all know who his heart really belongs to.” I smirked, earning a punch in the arm in response as she turned a light shade of pink.

“This song’s called Save Your Breath!” He exclaimed once more as the song kicked in.

I cheered as loud as I could and pulled Hayden into the gap between Lidia and I, grabbing her hand as we jumped to the music. I loved nothing more than the feeling of adrenaline that coursed through your veins when you were at a show, it made it that much better.

“What’d you think about when you sold me out!” I sang along.

“Is it bad that it’s only day one of this tour and I’m having the time of my life?!” Hayden yelled from beside me.

“Not at all!” I grinned back as we continued singing along.

It was only the first day, and I was having the time of my life, I could honestly say that it was one of the times that I was happier than I’d been in a long time, despite Adam being a douche bag, but some things never changed, no matter how much I wanted them too. Like Hayden said, we still had three weeks to try and work it out, I just hoped we could, I hated conflict.

“They never fail to blow me away.” Hayden chuckled as Hit The Lights ran off stage.

“You and me both.” I chuckled.

“Oh hey I’d better get back, they’re all probably wondering where I ran off to.” Nick chuckled.

I laughed in response. “I’ll catch you later?”

“Of course, I wouldn’t miss Taking Back Sunday for the world.” He grinned as he pulled me into a hug.

“I’ll see you later too, Hayden!” He smiled as we broke apart in order of him to hug her too.

“Bye Nick!” She grinned.

“Nice meeting you!” He said to Lidia as he ruffled Kade’s hair gently. It was sweet.

“You too!” Lidia smiled just before he said bye once more and walked away.

“Well well well.” Hayden smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes playfully. “What now?”

“Nothing, nothing at all.” Lidia laughed as they glanced at each other.

“I’m not going to lie, you both need help.” I scoffed as I hit them both playfully and made my way towards Matt and the others who’d moved further forward during Hit The Light’s set.

“What’d you think?” I asked Matt.

“Insane, totally insane.” He grinned.

“I’m proud of my boys” I chuckled.

“Hey! We’re your boys too, you know!” Fred whined.

“I know Fred, you are my boys too, and I’ll be just as proud of you when you perform too.” I chuckled.

I suddenly found myself being lifted up from behind roughly.

“TAYLOR!” Nathan exclaimed as he held me.

“NATHAN! You smell.” I chuckled.

“I know but I told you I’d get you back, so embrace the sweat, wench!” He cheered.

“Don’t make me kick you in the balls.” I warned as I pretend to get my foot ready.

He dropped me down at the speed of lightning.

“I’m sorry!” He squealed.

I laughed and ruffled his hair.

“Well done, VanDame!”

“HEY! You’re not allowed to only congratulate him.” Collin exclaimed as he reached us with Omar, Nick and David.

I held my hands up in defence. “I was going to congratulate you too, but now maybe I won’t.” I said as I stuck my tongue out.

Collin just flipped me off.

“Harsh, Ross. But well done guys!” I said as I pulled them all in for a group hug.

“Yeah, well done!” Adam grinned.

My eyes flickered to him quickly. It was so strange hearing him be nice to people, it still creeped me out.

Congratulations were chucked around by Matt, Fred, Mark, Eddie and Lidia too. It was such a relief that they were all getting along and it was only the first day of tour, not that I was complaining and didn’t expect them too, but it made it all the better.

“Hey buddy!” Collin exclaimed as Lidia handed Kade to him who’d just woken up.

“It’s great that my kid has so many “parents” who love him.” I laughed.

“Who couldn’t love him? He’s adorable.” Fred grinned.

“I’m glad you think so Fred, he takes after me.” I joked proudly.

“Yeah alright, Taylor.” Adam scoffed.

“I was joking. Shut up, bitchass.” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, well-”

“GUYS! Lets not have a repeat of last time, okay?” Matt sighed.

“Oh yeah, speaking of that, I still want my fifty bucks.” I smirked.

“You didn’t get along though, therefore that money’s still mine.” He scoffed.

“Lame.” I sighed.

“Anyway, we have a few hours to kill, who wants to hang on our bus?” David asked, glancing at everyone.

Choruses of “Count me in” and “you bet” could be heard throughout the group. This would be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you're enjoying it! :)
comments and subscriptions are appreciated if you like it! :)
Xo.