‹ Prequel: Sink Into Me
Status: Active

Carpe Diem

Eighteen.

Words couldn’t describe how much fun I’d had that night, although, if I had to be the one to take a shower with Nathan that would’ve definitely changed my perspective on things, ha-ha. It’d only been two days of the tour but I’d began to feel at ease with everything, I don’t know just at ease even though I knew full well Adam was going to do anything and everything he could to make me unhappy, but I truly had nothing to be unhappy about, I never took anyone’s shit and I didn’t let myself get pushed into things I didn’t want to do, well..so I thought.
I woke up the next morning to the sound of everyone running about and shouting downstairs. I pushed the screen of my Sidekick up to see what time it was, I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at the screen which read that it was ten. I groaned and crawled out of my bunk considering it was very hard for me to function first thing in the morning. I stood up and sighed to myself. I hadn’t even been up five minutes before Hayden came running up the staircase almost tripping over her own feet in the process.

“Taylor, Collin’s lost his voice.” Hayden panicked as she ran over to me.

My face dropped. “You’re kidding?!”

“He can speak but it’s all raspy and holy shit his tonsils are all swollen!” She exclaimed.

“But he was fine last night?!” I said, utterly confused.

“I know, that’s the strange thing! It’s happened over night!” She sighed as she sat down on the floor.

“But they’ve got a show today!” I pointed out.

“No shit, Sherlock! I have no idea what they’re going to do.” Hayden said as she ran a hand through her hair.

“Beats me” I mumbled as I walked over to my suitcase and pulled out everything I’d need for the day, mainly the outfit consisting of Blue faded high-waisted shorts and a Blue, Red, Yellow and White checkered shirt.

“We’re in Atlantic City by the way, considering I doubt you know.” She smirked.

“All these places around here seem to have “City” after their names.” I laughed.

She laughed and nodded in response before getting up off of the floor.

“I’m going to go and see if he needs anything."

“Oh get you, Doctor love bug.” I winked.

“Taylor do not start, I’ve warned you what I’ll do.” She taunted.

I shrugged in response. “It doesn’t bother me, it’s not like it’s true.”

She looked at me gob smacked. “You’re kidding me, right?”

I raised an eyebrow sceptically. “Uh, Nope!” I said as I walked past her and made my way down the first step of the staircase.

“You’re fucking blind” She chuckled.

“I am not! You’re mistaken!” I defended as I walked down the stairs with her in pursuit.

“Oh come on, Taylor! It’s not that hard to see!”

“See what? There’s nothing to see!” I protested as I made my way towards the bathroom.

“Don’t give me that! Everyone can see it, Taylor!”

“I’m not talking to you!” I sang as I walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

“I’m going to stand here until you come out, just know that!” She exclaimed.

“Piss off!” I laughed as I began to change.

I chuckled to myself as I made myself look half decent, Collin and Hayden were perfect for each other, no-one else could compare, I really wished they’d just hurry up and make it official already, it was driving me insane considering I found them so fucking cute yet nothing was being done about it. I obviously knew I couldn’t force them, but I damn wish I could. After all, Collin owed me money if he didn’t ask Hayden out by the end of the tour and he was always so protective of his money so I didn’t think it’d be different in that circumstance, but even if he didn’t do it, I’d find a way to make sure he did, more so with more money in my pocket, ha.
I finished applying my makeup and picked up the pyjama pants and everything else that I’d been previously wearing and opened the bathroom door to find Hayden still stood there.

“Lame!” I laughed as I chucked my clothes at her face.

“You’re such an ass.” She mumbled as she took my clothes upstairs for me.

“I love you too!” I grinned.

I made my way through past the stairs and into the main section of the bus to find Nathan once again in the cupboard.

“VanDame! We’re going to have no food left as this rate!” I exclaimed as I attempted to pull him away from the cupboard.

“But this is different! I’m depressed and worried so I need to eat!” He whined as he held onto the cupboard.

“Collin’s going to be fine so don’t use that as an excuse!” I laughed. “Besides, You’re not a bad singer, you can sing!”

“I don’t sing!” He mumbled as broke out of my grasp and grabbed a bag of Cheetos.

“You’re a nightmare.” I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.

He simply winked at me before making his way past me and towards the staircase. I laughed as I closed the cupboard door and walked over to Collin who was sat in one of the chairs in his pyjamas.

“How’re you feeling, Rossy?” I asked sympathetically as I sat next to him.

“Pretty much like hell.” He croaked out.

I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder, I didn’t care if it was contagious or anything, I hated when he got sick.

“I need to sing today.” He croaked once more.

“You can’t sing today, it’s impossible.” I replied.

“But I have to, I-”

“Collin you can’t, I’m sure the fans will understand, you physically can’t sing when all you can do is croak” I chuckled half heartedly.

“I don’t want to let the fans down.” He mumbled.

“Collin they’ll understand, you’re hardly ever sick, it’s just terrible that it’s happened this time when you’re on tour.”

He sighed and rested his head on mine for a few seconds before he moved it and sat upright.

“Maybe I won’t have to.” He said.

“What? Collin, you can’t sing! How many times.” I protested.

“Do me a favour? Get the boys in here.” He croaked out.

“VanDame! Thompson! Zehery! Bermosk! Get your asses in here!” I shouted.

I turned around to see Collin laughing at me. “Was that really necessary?”

“It is when I can’t be bothered to walk to find them.” I grinned.

They all ran into the room from all directions, needless to say it was very amusing, especially as Nathan pelted down the staircase.

“It’s okay Taylor, I can take it from here.” Collin croaked.

“You’re kicking me out?! And there was me showing love.” I huffed as I made my way to the front of the bus and down the steps.

Collin’s POV.

“It’s time.” I croaked out.

“Time for what?” Nathan questioned.

I saw Omar glance at him and he quickly understood.

“Oh, that.” He laughed. “This is going to be good.”

I chuckled to myself. That it would.

Taylor’s POV.

I sat on the bottom step of the bus and glanced around, laughing to myself. Alex’s theory about everywhere looking very similar was so true.

“Stop laughing to yourself, you look like a maniac!” Alex laughed as she ran over to me.

“Me? I’m the sane one out of the two of us!” I exclaimed as she pounced on me.

“You keep telling yourself that.” She scoffed as she sat next to me.

“Oh I will!” I scoffed back as I slung my arm over her shoulder.

“Too bad you won the bet, huh?” She smirked, looking at me.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” I laughed.

“Of course you do, you’re just saying you don’t.”

“Nope, You’ve officially lost it.” I grinned.

“Taylor come on, I know my own brother.” She grinned mischievously.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. “I never said you didn’t.” I winked.

“You’re such a pain! Taylor, everyone can see it.”

“Hayden said that earlier, see what though, I don’t know.” I shrugged.

She hit me across the head. “He likes you, douche bag!”

Before I could say another word though, she placed her hand firmly over my mouth.

“Taylor shut the fuck up and listen to me, my brother likes you.”

I tried to pry her hand off of my mouth but it wouldn’t budge.

“And I know you feel something too, so don’t waste your breath protestin.g” She said smugly.

“Why are you trying to suffocate Taylor?” Nick laughed as he came into view.

“No reason, just giving her a fact of life.” Alex shrugged, her hand still over my mouth.

“Which would be?” He asked, raising an eyebrow.

“None of your business.” She scoffed playfully as she removed her hand.

“Your dear sister here, has lost her mind.” I said, glaring at Alex.

“Even I could’ve told you that!” He grinned as Alex rolled her eyes and flipped him off.

“I know where I’m not wanted!” She huffed as she stood up, turning around and winked at me before walking off in the direction of A Rocket To The Moon’s bus.

“Waddup grass roller?” Nick laughed as he sat down next to me.

“You’re making me sound like some kind of weed addict.” I chuckled lightly as I placed my head in my hand with my elbow on my knee.

“What’s wrong?” Nick asked, looking at me.

“Nothing, it’s just Collin’s lost his voice, and he’s devastated he can’t sing today.” I sighed.

“Really? That’s too bad, so I take it Hit The Lights aren’t playing today?” He questioned.

“I have no idea what they’re going to do, they’ll probably find a way to get through it.” I smiled as I sat up straight.

“It’s tough when something like that happens, it makes you feel like you’re letting everyone down when it’s really not your intention and it makes you feel crap.” He said as he moved his hair out of his eyes.

“I think that’s exactly how he feels, I just hope he recovers quickly.” I chuckled as I began to fiddle with my fingers.

“I’m sure he will. The line up for today is Hit The Lights, then Taking Back Sunday, then us” He pulled his cell out his pocket and glanced at it quickly. “Hit The Lights are due on it about ten minutes.”

“You’re playing straight after each other?” I questioned, confused.

“We are today, well there’ll be like a ten minute gap, it’s because we’ve got to fit in signings and question and answer sessions.” He laughed.

I nodded and took out my cell to check the time. “Shit, it’s twelve already?!” I exclaimed.

“Time flies when you’re having fun.”

“Yeah, fun.” I laughed furrowing my eyebrows as Alex walked past with Logan and Jake.

“What was my sister harassing you about, anyway?” He said as he looked at me intently.

Of course I wasn’t going to say anything.

I shrugged. “Her bullshit theories.” I laughed.

He chuckled and nodded. “She’s a strange kid, I swear we’re not related.”

“Yeah, right.” I scoffed playfully as he pushed me.

“I’ll have you know I’m awesome.” He said proudly.

“And a god, apparently.” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“Baby, you and I both know it’s true.” He winked.

“Did you just call me baby? You’re such a fucking smooth talker.” I said sarcastically as I messed his hair up.

“Hey! No-one touches my hair!” He exclaimed as he sorted it out.

“You’re so gay.” I scoffed.

“Look, just because I’m being made to take a shower with a guy does not make me gay!” He protested.

“Gay!” I laughed as I stood up.

“Shut up!” He whined as he jumped on me.

“RAPE!” I yelled as I fought my way out of his arms.

“I don’t know what’s going on here, and I don’t think I want to know!” Omar laughed he walked out of the bus, followed by Nick, Nathan and David.

“You need to choose friends that aren’t rapists.” I laughed.

“Hey I’ll make friends with anyone and everyone if you come and watch us play, we need all the support we can get without Collin!” Nathan whined as he tugged at my arm.

“I wouldn’t miss it VanDame.” I grinned.

“Good! Hurry over, we’re on in five!” David exclaimed as they all ran towards the gate.

“Well this is going to be interesting.” I chuckled as I kept hold of Nick’s arm that was wrapped around me so I couldn’t escape.

“I wonder what they have in store, maybe some karaoke singing or something.” He laughed.

If only.

“Come on, Hayden! We’re going to miss Hit The Lights!” I shouted as she appeared at the door and walked down the steps.

“I just had to make sure Collin was okay, he’s insisting he’ll be there to support the guys in a bit though!” She laughed as the three of us began to make our way towards the gate.
“He’s such a stubborn fucker, I wish he’d just rest.” I sighed.

“We’re talking about Collin Ross here, he does the opposite of everything he’s advised to do” She chuckled as she climbed over the gate as Nick and I followed.

We made our way through the crowds of people and pretty much followed the chants of “Hit The Lights!” to find the stage, it was definitely one of those times that chanting came in handy.
My eyes landed on Matt, Lidia, Mark, Eddie and Fred all stood together in front of the stage as the chanting continued.

“Hey party people!” I exclaimed as I hugged Lidia.

“I wish they’d hurry up and come on, I need my daily dose of Hit The Lights!” Matt whined.

“It’s not going to be the same today unfortunately, Matty boy!” I chuckled.

“What do you mean?” Fred questioned, looking at me.

“Collin’s lost his voice.” I sighed.

“No way! What are they going to do?!” Mark exclaimed.

“Improvise, I guess.” I said as right on que, Hit The Lights minus Collin ran on stage.

“What’s up Atlantic City?! We’re Hit The Lights! And Today our singer is sick!” Omar laughed into the Microphone.

Groans erupted through the crowd.

“But have no fear! We have a back up plan!” Nick cheered through his Mic as he scanned the crowd.

“What’s the plan?!” A girl in the front row shouted.

“I’m glad you asked that! We have a new singer for today!” Omar grinned.

“Ohhhh Taylor!” David sang through his Mic, looking at me.

I suddenly felt everyone’s eyes on me at once, the majority of the crowd’s who’d spun around and David’s, Nick’s Omar’s and Nathan’s.

“No!” I protested as I attempted to run away, but Nick grabbed me around the waist and began to walk with me in his arms over to the security guard.

“I’m not going to do it!” I shouted as I tried to pry Nick’s hands off me.

“Yes you are!” He laughed.

“Let go of me!” I exclaimed as I began to kick as I attempted to bite him.

Nick showed the security guard the pass around his neck as he glanced down at mine, moving aside to let us through, a sceptical look playing across his face. Nick walked up the few steps with me in his arms and led me to the side of the stage.

“Nick I’m not fucking singing!” I said as he let me go.

He looked down at me and held my hands tightly.

“You’re going to be fine okay? I promise.” He chuckled.

“I can’t!”

“There’s no such word as can’t!”

I glanced at the stage to see Nathan ushering me forward.

I closed my eyes. I didn’t want to do it.

“Seize the day.” Nick said as he hugged me tightly before letting me go, making his way back down the steps and passed the security guard.

“Carpe Diem.” I sighed to myself as I stood there for a minute, feeling my feet control my body as they moved forward towards the stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Xo.