‹ Prequel: Sink Into Me
Status: Active

Carpe Diem

Twenty.

“I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it!” I sang as I jumped around, walking past the security guard with Collin, David, Omar and Nick.

“I take it you’re not going to knock us all dead, then?” David joked as he picked me up.

“I didn’t say that, you know I don’t like being made to do things I don’t feel comfortable doing!” I laughed, hitting him across the head.

“I know, but it was worth it though, right?” Omar smirked.

“So worth it, Although, like I said, it was a one off!” I said, glancing at them all as they held their hands up in defence.

“Oh don’t worry, we know not to mess with you” Nick winked as he put me down and bowed down.

“Yeah that’s right fucker, you bow!” I grinned as I jumped up and down as we made our way through the crowd.

“HOLY FUCKING SHIT, TAYLOR!” Alex screamed as she jumped into my arms.

“Hello to you too!” I laughed as I held onto her.

“You have such an amazing voice, why didn’t you say anything?!” She demanded.

“Because I don’t think I do, and there’re so many people with better voices out there” I chuckled as she jumped down.

“You’re fucking insane! Truly!” She laughed as she nudged me.

“Well done!” A girl that I recognised from the crowd congratulated as she walked past.

“Thank you!” I called after her.

“You are amazing!” Jake said as he hugged me tightly.

“Thank you Jakey!” I grinned, ruffling his hair.

“Well it seems you’ve upstaged me!” Collin croaked as he slung his arm over my shoulder.

“Psh of course I have!” I winked playfully as Logan stuck his hand up for a high-five, which I accepted.

“You killed it!” He exclaimed.

“Thank you kind sir!” I laughed as I bowed down to him.

Matt ran over and tackled me to the floor roughly as Lidia, Eddie, Mark, Fred and Adam casually walked behind him.

“Where’ve you been hiding that voice?!” He exclaimed as he didn’t budge.

“Uh, my throat?” I said playfully as I pushed him. “Get off me, loser!” I grinned as he stood up, pulling me with him.

“Wow Taylor, I’m impressed." Lidia chuckled as she hugged me.

“You have a good set of pipes on you, Sister!” Fred grinned as he high-fived me.

“We’re on in ten, we better go.” Mark said, glancing at his band mates.

“Catch you later, Rockstar.” Matt joked as they made their way over to the stage.

“Now, I must love you and leave you all, Pizza is calling me!” I exclaimed as I ran past them and through the crowd as I saw the fast food stand in sight.

“Pizza?” Hayden laughed, startling me.

“Holy shit! Are you trying to kill me?!” I chuckled as I nudged her.

“Taylor I know you too well” She smirked. “Here” She said, handing me a slice of Cheese and Tomato Pizza.

“I love you, you know that?” I grinned, taking a bite out of it.

“How could you not? I’m awesome” She said proudly as I rolled my eyes.

I raised an eyebrow. “Did you know anything about that?” I said, moving my head in the direction of the stage.

She shook her head and held her hands up in defence. “Not at all.”

I laughed and took another bite out of the pizza. “That was pretty fun, surprisingly.” I smiled.

“You truly looked like you were having the time of your life” Hayden grinned.

“I don’t know what it is, I guess with the crowd cheering and your adrenaline pumping it’s hard not too.” I said honestly.

“Spoken like a true musician.” She joked.

“That’ll never happen.” I laughed as she handed me her bottle of water.

“Would you ever let it happen?” She questioned, seriously.

I shook my head as I drank some before answering. “Not in a million years.”

“You’re talented Taylor, why don’t you see it?” She whined as I handed her water back to her.

“It was a one off Hayd, that‘s all it‘ll ever be” I said as I hugged her tightly, hoping she’d drop it. Of course, I had no such luck.

“But Taylor-” Before she could finish though, I cut her off.

“Oh look! Taking Back Sunday are on!” I exclaimed, thankful that I had a way to get out of that awkward conversation.

I pulled Hayden towards the stage as the crowds cheers filled the atmosphere, I could hear fragments of Hayden protesting about how we “needed to have this conversation” but I chose to ignore it as we came to a halt. I found myself zoning out as soon as Taking Back Sunday ran onto the stage, exhilarated smiles filling their faces once more. Words couldn’t describe how amazing it felt to be on stage, the feeling where you feel like you belong to something, the feeling where you know you’re making people happy, especially through music. I knew there was no way if I’d been asked to do it I would’ve as like I’ve said many times, I hate being pushed out of my comfort zone, but despite that, I’m glad it happened that time as I would never have had that experience otherwise. I couldn’t bring myself to do it again though, purely because I’d feel like living something once is enough, the second time round it’s not as good, so I thought anyway. Now I could truly see why Collin loved performing so much, as well as David, Omar, Nick and Nathan, I guess it was one of those “you don’t know until you experience it for yourself” kind of things, and the experience was something you could not possibly imagine.

“Taylor?” Hayden questioned as she shook my arm, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Huh what?” I laughed.

“Taking Back Sunday have finished, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you zone out for so long before” She smirked.

“I had a lot to get my head around.” I shrugged as I ran a hand through my hair.

“The whole performing thing, huh?” She asked as I nodded.

“Taylor I’ve known you for what, almost five years? But I think this is the only time I don’t know what’s going through your head.” She chuckled.

“You and me both, sister!” I grinned as I grabbed her hands, making her jump up and down with me.

Needless to say I felt on top of the world.

“Hey Rockstar.” Nick grinned as he ruffled my hair, earning a glare off me.

“I’m going to go and see how Collin’s doing, I’ll catch you in a few.” Hayden smirked as she walked off.

“Yeah that’s right you walk away! DOCTOR LOVE!” I exclaimed after her as she spun around and laughed, flipping me off before disappearing into the crowd.

“Am I missing something?” Nick questioned.

“Oh, too much.” I laughed.

“So all that kicking and screaming paid off, am I right?” He smirked as he nudged me.

“You’re such a pain in the ass.” I scoffed. “But yes it did, I wouldn’t have done it without your forceful ways.”

“You’re making me sound like a rapist.” He said as he rolled his eyes.

“We’re married, you’re not allowed to rape me” I grinned.

“It’s not rape if you consent to it” He winked.

“Slow down buddy, I’m still not sure if you’re gay or not yet.” I scoffed playfully.

“I’m not talking to you!” He huffed playfully as he walked off.

“You can’t walk out on our marriage! What about the children!” I exclaimed dramatically as he kept walking.

“Definitely gay.” I laughed to myself as I too made my way through the crowd, before accidentally bumping into someone.

“Watch where you’re going!” Adam spat as he pushed past me.

“What the fuck is your problem, seriously?!” I yelled, grabbing his arm to stop him walking off.

He pulled me out of the crowd so no one else could hear our heated argument and glared at me.

“How many times are we going to have this conversation?! Is staying out of my way really that hard?!”

“Oh so because I accidentally bumped into you I’m intentionally not trying to stay out of your way? Yeah, because that makes sense.” I spat sarcastically.

“I hope you know you’re wasting minutes of my life that I’ll never get back, you’re not a worthy enough cause for that you know.” He said as he attempted to walk away, but I pulled him back yet again.

“Look, we’ve got almost a month of touring together, Adam! And you’re making it so fucking difficult.” I seethed.

“Well you’re the one who-”

“You’re playing the blame game again? Why don’t you grow the fuck up and take some responsibility-”

“I don’t think we should be having this conversation right now.” He said.

“And why the fuck not?!” I exclaimed.

“Because your boyfriend is on stage, I’m sure you don’t want to miss it.” He scoffed as I glanced over the stage to see A Rocket To The Moon running on stage to be met with the crowd’s cheers.

“He’s not my boyfriend Adam, why don’t you just grow up?!”

“Oh how come on, Taylor! You may think we’re all fucking blind but we’re not.”

“I didn’t say anyone was blind, but he’s actually not my boyfriend, so get that into your head okay?! Although, not that I would complain, he’s twice the person you could ever be!” I spat as he winced a little.

I definitely hit a nerve.

“He could do ten times better than you, you know. I wish he’d see that.” He smirked.

“Why don’t you tell him that, then? Go on, I dare you.” I taunted.

“He’ll see for himself sooner or later, regardless.” He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and flipped him off. “In a way, over these four years I’d had a shred of hope we might be able to get along when we did eventually meet again, after all you have apparently “changed” I don’t know why I thought that, though. You’ll always be the same stuck up asshole.”

“Save your breath and just stay out of my way, got it?” He said, glaring at me.

“Like I’d want to be anywhere near you, now if you excuse me, I have to go and watch my “boyfriend” play.” I scoffed as I walked away from him.

He really knew how to push my buttons, but I wasn’t going to let him get to me, not then, not ever.
I made my through the crowd and spotted Alex as I felt a smirk spread across my lips, I made my way slowly over to her making sure to keep hidden just incase she turned around, I seized the moment and jumped onto her back, causing her to scream, luckily though, her screams blended in with the sound of the crowd, ha.

“HEY GIRL HEY!” I exclaimed as I wrapped my arms around her neck.

“Fucking asshole!” She laughed.

Nick placed his guitar over his head before walking over to the Microphone and picking it up off of the floor and placing it in the Mic stand.

“Hey Atlantic City! YOU‘RE LOOKING GOOD!” He exclaimed as the crowd screamed in response.

“How did you guys like Taking Back Sunday?!” He yelled as the crowd cheered and clapped in applause.

“They’re amazing! So if you’re not a fan, something’s clearly wrong with you!” He chuckled. “How about HIT THE LIGHTS?!” He yelled as the screams got louder.

“WHAT ABOUT THEIR SPECIAL GUEST TAYLOR RUBANO?!” He sang as the crowd continued to cheer.

“SHE’S HOT!” A guy somewhere in the crowd yelled as Nick laughed.

“Taylor, you have an admirer!” Nick said as he looked at me.

“I got divorced earlier, you can have me!” I joked.

“I think I was divorced without me knowing, that’s cold, Taylor!” Nick said as he pretended to cry.

“I’LL MARRY YOU, NICK!” A girl screamed.

“Sweet! It seems we’ve both moved on, Taylor! GOOD RIDDANCE!” He joked as I flipped him off.

“He so wants you.” Alex smirked, glancing up at me.

“SHUT UP!” I laughed as flicked her in the nose.

“Okay so, this first song’s called Dakota!” Nick shouted as the crowd yelled in response.

The intro kicked in as the crowd began to sway to the song. I grinned as I glanced around at everyone having the time of their lives.

“She knows exactly what to do,
Whenever I'm alone with her.
I can barely make a move
By the time she opens up her eyes
She sings to me at night
She’s singing
Bada bup bup budup bububu bada
“Sing it!” Nick yelled.
“Bada bup bup budup bububu bada!”

I know that she barely knows me
And I'm faking love with her
It's like I'm singing karaoke
And I forgot the second verse
But I, can make up my own words
Oh Dakota, I know our love is new
I barely know ya
I'm falling over you
It's the way you do, the things you do
That make me fall in love with you
Dakota, are you in love with me too?

She's got a little bit of money and a little bit of this
And it's all she needs to live
I've got a little bit of love, and a little bit of that
And it's all I have to give
But this time I'll try not to show, whoa
That I am not letting go

Oh Dakota, I know our love is new.
I barely know ya
I'm falling over you
It's the way you do, the things you do
That make me fall in love with you
Dakota, are you in love with me too?

I'll show ya, I'll show ya
And you'll know, and you'll know, I'm not letting go
I'll show ya, I'll show ya
And you'll know, and you'll know, I'm not letting go
Bada bup bup budup bububu bada
Bada bup bup budup bububu bada

Oh Dakota, I know our love is new.
I barely know ya
I'm falling over you
It's the way you do, the things you do
That make me fall in love with you
Dakota, are you in love with me too?
Well I'm in love with you, are you in love with me too?”
He sang as the crowd began to go crazy.

I grinned and looked down at Alex who was cheering her brother on. It was like in that instant I suddenly felt alive, I felt like that was the place I wanted to stay for the rest of my life and never leave, I was determined to make the most of the three weeks, no regrets.
♠ ♠ ♠
Xo.