‹ Prequel: Sink Into Me
Status: Active

Carpe Diem

Twenty Four.

“So, to commemorate Taylor’s anger for us tricking her, I thought of a way she can get her own back and we can all have fun!“ Matt exclaimed as he glanced at each of us. We were all currently sat down on the grass in front of Taking Back Sunday’s tour bus, and when I said all, I meant all, ha.

“And what idea would that be, smartass?“ I scoffed playfully as Matt flipped me off.

“A good old fashioned Water Pistol fight!” He announced as we all cheered in response. I had to hand it to him, that really was a perfect way for me to get my own back and have a good time too.

“Teams?” Justin questioned.

“Band on band.” Matt smirked.

“There’d only be three of us, though! That’s not logical!” Alex whined.

“Taylor can be on our team?” Jake suggested.

“Perfect! Taylor, you’re on our team!” Alex exclaimed as she jumped on top of me.

“Sounds good to me!” I laughed as she kissed me on the cheek.

“Okay so, It’s Taking Back Sunday and Lidia, Hit The Lights and Hayden, A Rocket To The Moon and Alex, Logan, Jake and Taylor.” Matt grinned.

“We need a name! lets think of a name.” Jake suggested as we all huddled together, just as my cell went off, playing the chorus of “The Beach” by All Time Low.

“Well they can take take take the kids from the summer but they’ll never never never take the summer from me!” Alex sang along.

“That’s it!” Logan exclaimed.

“What is?” I laughed, sliding my cell screen up to stop the music.

“Kids From The Summer!” He cheered.

The four of us sat there contemplating for a moment.

“It works.” I nodded.

“I like it!” Alex grinned as she high-fived Logan.

“We’ve now got a name! we fucking pone you all.” Jake joked.

“You can’t beat the name A Rocket To The Moon.” Nick said proudly.

“Oh I’m pretty sure we just did.” I scoffed.

“Oh well-”

“Guys, save the talk for water shooting! Lets go go go!” Matt laughed as he ran up the steps of their bus quickly before walking back out with a his arms full of Water Pistols.

“Teams, choose your weapons!” He said as he placed the Water Pistols on the floor. We all dived to choose the best and biggest ones.

“Mine fucking pones yours!” I said to Justin as I held up my Blue and Yellow Pistol that was a lot bigger than his Black and Purple one.

“We’ll see when you’re soaked and we’ve won.” He taunted playfully.

“So the rules are simple, you have to hit every member of any of the opposing teams to completely defeat that team, if you get hit you’re out, everyone gets a five minute head start to get into positions and you’re not allowed to tell anyone who hit you, ready?” Matt grinned.

“Set.” I smirked, gripping my water gun.

“Go!” Everyone yelled in unison as each team took off in different directions.

“This way!” Alex said as she pulled me off in a random direction along with Jake and Logan.

We ran away from the buses and hid behind a nearby car, sitting down behind it quickly.

“So I have a plan in how we can win.” Alex smirked.

“If this involves tricking then I’m in, I’d like to be part of it not the victim for once.” I glared playfully as I slowly peered up to the window of the car to see if any of the opposing teams were nearby. I bit my lip as I saw Nick and Justin move across the back of Hit The Light’s bus which was the nearest one to the car we were hiding behind.

“Your brother and Justin are by Hit The Light’s bus, we need to plan sort this plan out right now.” I whispered sitting back down.

“It’s a plan of deception, out of the four of us we’re going to chuck the contents of one of the pistols over one to make it look like said one of us has been hit and their out of the game, so we can take them all out individually as they’ll think said person has been hit making it easier for us, make sense?”

“Makes perfect sense, who’s going to be the so called victim?” Jake asked, glancing around at us.

“I’ll do it, I’m going to enjoy taking these bitches down.” I grinned mischievously.

“Our fate rests on your shoulders young padwan.” Alex laughed as she chucked the contents of her water pistol all over me.

“Fuck that’s cold!” I spluttered quietly as I pushed my hair out of my face.

“I say we all put a little water from each of our pistols into Alex’s so she can still take band members out, agree?” Jake announced.

“Good thinking, Batman!” Logan laughed as each of us poured water into Alex’s pistol.

I stood up again slowly to see Matt by himself running around the side of A Rocket To The Moon’s bus. “I think we can take Matt out now, it’s only him.” I whispered quietly.

“Okay Taylor you go, I’ll hide at the back of the bus until you’ve got him talking so I can make my move.” Alex said.

“Good luck!” Logan and Jake whispered in unison as I stood up.

I ran quickly but quietly over to A Rocket To The Moon’s bus with Alex in pursuit, she did what she planned and hid behind the back of the bus as I walked around the side of the bus to see Matt at the front, as he spun around quickly hearing me and aimed his pistol at me.

“I’ve already been hit.” I lied as I glanced down at myself.

“Already?! Man, Taylor you suck at this game.” He scoffed, lowering his pistol.

“I don’t think she does, you know.” Alex smirked as she jumped out from behind the back of the bus, pulling back the trigger which released the water, hitting Matt squarely in the chest.

“You weren’t hit at all, were you?!” He exclaimed.

“Not at all.” I winked.

“That’s cheating!” He huffed.

“No dear cousin, it’s devious thinking.” I laughed as Alex ran over to him and took his Water Pistol, pouring the water into hers and leaving him with nothing.

“You know you can’t tell anyone who hit you either, Poor Matt.” Alex laughed.

“Poor me.” He mumbled as we ran back the way we came from quietly and hid behind the car once again.

“Oh hey look, there’s Omar and Nathan, lets get to work.” Alex said as she stood up properly, pulling me with her.

“If you see someone by themselves, attack!” I whispered as I glanced at Logan and Jake who nodded in response.

“If you’re coming around with me, I suggest you tip some water down yourself.” I winked as she laughed, tipping some of the water from the pistol down her.

Alex and I saw Omar and Nathan wandering around with their water pistols aimed not too far from the car. We nodded at each other as we made our way towards them quickly and quietly, but I ended up standing on a twig causing them to turn around and aim their pistols at us. I held my hands up in defence.

“Don’t shoot, we’ve already been hit.” I laughed.

“Matt’s been hit but of course we don’t know who by, and we have no idea where Collin, Hayden or David are.” Nathan huffed as he crossed his arms.

“And there’s no-one around to witness this.” I shrugged.

“Witness wh-” But before Omar could finish Alex had hit him squarely in the chest, as I did the same with Nathan.

“You weren’t really hit, were you?!” Nathan spluttered.

I shook my head and winked. “Payback babies, payback.”

“You know you can’t speak a word of this to anyone, have fun being out.” Alex grinned as she stuck her hand up for a high-five, which I accepted.

“I have to hand it to you, you make a good team.” Omar said as he crossed his arms.

I grinned in response before dragging Alex to the back of Hit The Light’s bus and peered around the corner.

“I’ve got Justin and Andrew on this side, who’ve you got?” I whispered, glancing at Alex. “I’ve got Hayden and Collin.” She whispered back as she moved her head back around to look at me.

“I think we should split up just for this one, We’ve both got Pistols and the “we’ve been hit” lie, lets meet back behind the car okay?” I said as she nodded, gripping her pistol tighter. I winked at her before moving around the opposite side of the bus, as she did the same.

“Have any of you hit anyone yet?” I asked, causing them to jump and turn around, their pistols aimed.

“You’ve already been beaten to it I’m sorry to say.” I laughed, pointing to the water all over me, they looked at each other before putting their pistols down. Perfect.

“We’ve not hit anyone yet no, but we’re working on it.” Justin chuckled.

“I’m sorry you’re not going to quiet make it.” I shrugged innocently before spraying them both with water.

“You liar!” Andrew spluttered.

“Payback’s a bitch.” I grinned. “Don’t forget the rules, you can’t say a word.” I winked as they both flipped me off.

I laughed and ran back towards the back of the bus as Alex suddenly appeared, causing me to jump.

“Let’s go!” She exclaimed as she pulled me as we quickly ran back over to the car to see Logan and Jake stood there, waiting for us.

“Did you manage to find anyone?” I said, trying to watch my breath.

“We got Eddie and Fred, and we also managed to get Lidia but Logan got hit in the process.” Jake chuckled as I glanced at Logan’s shirt.

“Don’t worry, we can still take them all out, we’ve got Adam, Nick, Mark, David, Nick and Eric to go.” Alex announced.

“I’ll try and find your brother and David if you think you can handle finding Adam, Nick, Mark and Eric?” Jake questioned. “Plus, I’ll use Logan as bait.”

“Gee, thanks.” Logan laughed as he flipped him off.

“We can do this, team!” I announced as I high-fived them all.

“Kids From The fucking Summer.” Jake grinned.

“Kids From The fucking Summer.” Alex repeated as she winked.

“Let’s go take down some bitches.” I smirked as I pulled Alex away with me. We made our way quietly down the side of A Rocket To The Moon’s bus and glanced around quickly, seeing Eric and Nick Thompson just appearing from the other side of the bus.

“Whoa! Way to give me a heart attack.” I laughed as I held up my hands as he aimed his pistol at Alex and I.

“We’ve already been hit loser, sorry.” Alex shrugged.

“Everyone’s slowly being picked off and because of the “you’re not allowed to say who hit you.” rule we have no idea who to look out for.” Eric chuckled.

“Maybe us?” I smirked.

“But you-”

“Lie!” Alex exclaimed as we hit him with water.

“You we’ve been behind this the whole time?!” He said in disbelief.

“Yep, and considering you can’t say a word once I’ve taken out my brother, Mark, Nick and David we’ve won this shit.” Alex laughed.

“Have fun not being able to say a word.” I winked as Alex and I once again took off. We quickly ran behind the side of Taking Back Sunday’s bus as I placed a finger over my lips as we heard voices coming from the other side of it.

“I think we’re a few of the only people left standing in this game!” David exclaimed.

“Fuck the rules, we have to work together regardless of that fact we’re in different teams.” Mark said quietly.

“Amen to that!” Nick Thompson laughed.

I spun around to look at Alex who nodded. We walked slowly so we met them as they rounded the front of the bus, just like our previous victim Eric.

“Finally! We’ve found people who haven’t been hit, I think you’re the winners!” I lied as they didn’t bother lowering their pistols after what I said. Suckers.

“We’re too cool to lose this game.” Mark laughed.

“Not cool enough.” Alex grinned as she pulled back the trigger of her Pistol, spraying the three of them with water.

“Fucking poned!” I smirked.

“But you’re wet!?” Nick shrieked.

“It’s all part of a devious plan we came up with, losers.” Alex laughed.

“You’re the masterminds that’ve been taking everyone out?”

“That’s us, now don’t forget the rule about not saying a word.” I said as I flipped them off, pulling Alex away quickly.

“Wait a second, my phone’s going off!” Alex whispered as she dug her cell out of her pocket quickly, unlocking it and glancing at the screen.

“It’s from Jake, he’s managed to hit David, but he can’t find Nick or Adam and he‘s been hit” She said, looking up at me.

“Maybe we finally have some competition.” I said as I began to fidget. “I need to get out of these clothes, are you okay trying to find those two by yourself? Just until I’ve changed, I’ll be quick.”

“I’m a ninja, I’ll be fine, just hurry!” She laughed as she ran off in a random direction. I laughed to myself as I watched her go.

I ran back onto the bus and up the spiral staircase quickly, making my way over to my suitcase as I dropped my water pistol down by the side of it before pulling out a Glamour Kills shirt with Acid Wash denim shorts and my Blue Chuck Taylor low-tops and changed quickly, knowing that everyone was still in the middle of the water fight so no-one would suddenly appear, before dumping my wet clothes to one side in my suitcase, I really didn’t care at that moment, about anything, I felt great. Something caught my eye, though. I glanced up at my bed to see my Keytar on it, a confused expression etched it’s way across my face as I furrowed my eyebrows, I hadn’t left it on my bed, I left it in the corner of the room.
I stood up and walked the few steps over to my bunk, sitting down next to the Keytar before picking it up slowly. I examined the front of it, nothing seemed out of place, there weren’t any missing keys or any scratches on it or anything. I was beyond confused, that was, until I turned it over to reveal the back of it. I tilted my head to the side in confusion and scanned over the words carefully, it read;

If only you knew.

Needless to say I was fucking confused, what was that supposed to mean? I didn’t have long to think though as the beginning of “Dakota” filled the atmosphere as my Cell rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and glanced at the screen quickly.

Alex.

“Miss me already?” I laughed as I got up off of my bunk.

“Fuck you! I can‘t find either of them!”

“I’ll be out in a minute!”

“Hurry the fuck up, I need you!” She laughed.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. “Must I help out with everything?”

“Yes! Now hurry!” She exclaimed before hanging up.

I laughed to myself as I picked up my Keytar off of my bed and walked over to my suitcase, placing it down against the wall before moving the suitcase out of the way before picking up my water pistol and making my way over to the staircase, running down it quickly before walking quickly over to the sink and turning the tap on as I took apart my water pistol in order to fill it up before quickly assembling it again. It was go time.
I walked off the bus slowly as my eyes scanned around the area seeing if any of the opposing team were around, but it looked like the coast was clear, well, that was until I felt a cold sensation across my back.

“You’re fucking kidding me!” I whined as I spun around to be met with the all knowing smirk of Nick Santino.

“You’re fucking out!” He laughed as he flipped me off.

“That maybe so, but-” I said as I walked over to him slowly. “It doesn’t mean I can’t do this!” I exclaimed as I began to squirt all the contents of my water pistol in his face.

“You can’t! you lost!” He spluttered.

“Looks like losing doesn’t matter in my books! It‘s what you get for helping Hayden trick me.” I shrugged.

“Clearly!” He whined as he took his white Raybans off and wiped the water out of his eyes.

I laughed as I pushed his wet hair out of his eyes. I don’t know what possessed me to do it and why I did it, but it just happened.

“Thanks.” He laughed as I moved my hand.

I chuckled as I crossed my arms awkwardly.

“There’s no need to be so awkward, you know.”

“What do you mean? I’m not being awkward.” I protested.

“Oh please, you’re probably the most awkward person in the world right now.” He scoffed.

“Yeah well, fuck you.” I said as I stuck my tongue out.

“Touché!” He said as he rolled his eyes.

I felt my phone suddenly vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out quickly and pushed up the screen.

One new message from Alex.

I found Adam, we hit each other at the same time so we said we’d both stay in the game, just watch out.

I rolled my eyes as I shoved it back in my pocket not a second later though I yelled as I felt a cold sensation hit my back once more as I turned around to see Adam, his water pistol aimed at me.

“Can’t you see I’m already wet, dick?!” I shouted.

He rolled his eyes as Nick spoke. “Already got her.” He laughed.

“Oh don’t we know it.” He scoffed before walking off.

“Okay seriously, what is going on with you two?” He questioned, utterly confused.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. “You’re in for a long few hours” I chuckled.

I wasn’t kidding either, I’d say two hours had passed once I’d gotten done with explaining about mine and Adam’s history to Nick, from beginning to end, including what happened that night, I felt like I trusted him enough for him to know. We were sat in my bunk whilst everyone else was downstairs attempting to finish the Saw Marathon they’d failed to finish the night before, with Nick, Omar, David, Hayden and Collin also joining in the second time around.
I glanced over at him as he tried to process everything I’d just said.

“I bet you think differently of me now, huh?” I laughed, resting my elbows on the pillow that I’d placed over my lap.

“Not at all, but holy shit that’s a lot to go through in one summer.” He chuckled.

“You’re telling me, not the favourite summer I’ve had.” I said honestly.

“I can see why.” He said, resting his elbow on his knee before placing his chin in his hand. “What would you say your favourite summer has been?”

“In all honesty, probably this one.” I shrugged.

He looked at me intently.

“This one? Why’s that?”

“I don’t know, great people, great music, great everything.” I chuckled.

“More like you’ve met the best person in the world. Me.” He said proudly.

“Yeah alright, I’ll let you think that.” I scoffed, hitting him with the pillow that I’d had resting on my lap.

“Well come on, I’ve got to come into it somewhere, right?” He grinned.

I rolled my eyes and shrugged. “You’ll never know.”

He laughed as he began to fiddle with the peace sign necklace around his neck. “This is probably mine too.” He shrugged.

“Oh come on, you’re on tour all the time, I’m sure this tour is nothing compared to other’s you’ve played, why’s this one so special?” I laughed.

“I don’t know, great people, great music, great everything.” He mimicked.

“Oh you’re so funny.” I said sarcastically as I pulled my cell out of my pocket, glancing at the time. “It’s three in the damn morning, why the fuck am I still conscious?” I mumbled as I rubbed my eyes, feeling the tired feeling slowly creep up on me.

“Because I’m great and you could spend hours talking to me.” He smirked.

“I have spent hours talking to you, not because you’re awesome though.” I grinned as I moved over to the right from sitting opposite to laying down, placing the pillow I was holding under my head. “I’m tired, bitch get out of my bunk.” I chuckled as I closed my eyes.

“But I’m not done talking!” He huffed.

“I’m tired! And this bunk isn’t big enough for the two of us.” I scoffed.

“Oh, so you’re calling me fat!” He said as I opened my left eye to see him glaring at me.

“Not at all.” I smirked.

“Well for that, I’m not leaving!” He protested.

I shrugged and closed my eye again. “Do what you want, I’m going to kick you out though, just saying.”

“You can’t if I hold onto you.” He stated proudly as he wrapped his arms around my waist loosely. “Beat that!”

I chuckled and moved closer so I could rest my chin on his shoulder before placing my arm across his chest.

“I’ll find a way.” I mumbled sleepily.

Those few days had truly been the weirdest days I’d ever had in my life, and trust me when I say I’d had weird days before, but nothing like those. In the space of four days I’d performed on stage in front of hundreds of people which was something I’d never think I’d ever do, I’ve made friendships that I knew were going to last, became closer to others which I didn’t’t think was possible and I was slowly falling into a state of unconsciousness in the arms of Nick Santino. I smiled a little, bizarre didn’t even cover how strange yet extraordinary my life was.
♠ ♠ ♠
I suggest you take a look at the main page of this story as pictures of all the characters are now up if you want to picture it all a little better. :)
Xo.