‹ Prequel: Sink Into Me
Status: Active

Carpe Diem

Twenty Three.

Taylor’s POV.

I couldn’t think straight for the rest of the Journey to Manhattan it was ridiculous. Regardless of the fact everyone was awake running around and conversing I completely zoned out, I sat in the same chair and didn’t move an inch. My head was filled like it’d never been before, I felt so many emotions at once, anger, frustration, hurt, but more than anything, guilt. I felt guilty about the fight between Hayden and I, she was my best friend, but I didn’t like what she was saying, she was right though, I was stubborn, but it wasn’t something I could suddenly change.

“Taylor snap out of your damn trance! We’re here!” Nathan laughed as he shook me by the shoulders.

“I’m alive!” I exclaimed as I grabbed his face and began pulling it.

“You’re insane!” He whined as he pryed my hands off of his face.

“And you’ve got a mouth the size of Jaws!” I smirked as he huffed, flipping me off.

“That was cold, Taylor so cold!” He sniffed as he put his head on my shoulder.

“You know I love you, Jaws.” I laughed as I ruffled his hair. “You see! So much love!”

“You’ve got so much love in you, You’ve got so much love in you!” He grinned as he began to sing “So Much Love” by The Rocket Summer.

“I’m amazed that I’m talking to you, you look like the song’s that I’ve heard my whole life coming true!”

“Strike all the bells, hit ‘em hard, make ‘em all yell!”

“Celebrate, infatuate, lock us up yeah incarcerate OH!” I sang.

“Oh I swear I know what I believe in, oh! I can’t stop hearing all the singing, oh!”

“My soul has never had this feeling, it feels like so, so, so much love in you!”

“You got so much love in you!”

“I’m amazed that I’m talking to you!”

“You look like the song’s that I’ve heard my whole life coming true!” We sang in unison as we jumped around.

“You two should duet.” Collin joked as he ruffled my hair.

“Stop with the hair ruffling! You’re just as bad as my cousin!” I exclaimed, pushing his hands off my head.

“We make a good team, Rubano. Call me some time.” He winked playfully.

“Oh you can count on it VanDame.” I winked back.

“Why are you two flirting, it’s grossing me out.” David whined as he pretend to throw up.

“The only thing Nate flirts with is food.” I joked as I nudged him.

“Yeah, and don’t you forget it.” He said proudly.

David laughed as he pulled his cell out of his pocket, scanning over the screen quickly before shoving it back in.

“So, according to Adam the line-up for today is A Rocket To The Moon, Us, then Taking Back Sunday.”

“Are you still considering what I asked?” Collin questioned.

I sighed. “Considering, it’ll be no though, you know that.”

“I could’ve guessed that.” He chuckled.

I felt awful, but I wasn’t going to do it. Once was enough, yet no-one seemed to understand that.

“I need to get my Keytar back off of Alex, I’ll be back in a minute.” I said awkwardly making my way past them towards the front of the bus.

I sighed as I walked down the steps, to be met with the sight of Alex standing outside of their bus, directly opposite ours.

“Where’s my baby?!” I questioned, making my way over to her slowly.

“On the bus, it’s safe, I promise!” She chuckled.

I raised an eyebrow. “If your brother has it I will kill you, you know that right?”

She held her hands up in defence. “I didn’t give him it!”

“Go get it!” I laughed as I pointed up the steps of the bus.

“Keep your pants on!” She huffed playfully as she walked up the stairs slowly.

“Hurry the fuck up before I kick your ass up the stairs!” I grinned as she spun back around, flipping me off.

I laughed to myself as I leaned back against the side of the bus, pulling Alex’s white Ray Bans off of my head that I now claimed as my own, before putting them on my face.

“Ew, you’re here already?” Nick joked as he walked off the bus.

“If you’ve done anything to my Keytar I will cut all of your hair off.” I glared.

“Whoa chill bro, I’ve not hurt your Keytar, scouts honor!” He grinned as he saluted me.

“You’re such a loser.” I scoffed.

“No! how many times, I’m Jesus!”

“Oh really? I thought you were God?” I questioned, raising an eyebrow once again.

“Psh, God Smod, I’m now Jesus!”

“Since when was Jesus ginger?” I asked, rolling my eyes as he pushed me.

“Since when was your height even on the chart?” He retaliated.

“Oh, burn.” I said sarcastically as I messed his hair up.

“My hair!” He exclaimed as he tried to sort his hair out.

“You’re such a woman.” I said as Alex came into view with my Keytar.

“Here you go, fucker!” She laughed as she handed me it.

I chuckled as I pretended to bow. “Have you noticed your brother is as touchy about his hair as girls are?” I smirked.

“I’m sure he is a girl.” She joked as Nick hit her in the arm.

“I’ve had enough of this abuse!” He exclaimed dramatically as he began to walk away from us.

I’d say an hour had passed until that guilty feeling began to creep up on me again as Alex and I looked around the latest tour spot, it felt weird without Hayden being around, obviously I didn’t say anything as apologising didn’t cross my mind as I was too stubborn, but the more time went on the more guilty I felt even though I was only defending my thoughts about my own actions, well, lack of. Alex had insisted we went to look around beforehand as she had a “good feeling” about this place, what that meant was beyond me, I didn’t question anything she said in all honesty, ha-ha.

“I know I said all these places looked the same, but this one is by far the coolest!” Alex exclaimed as she pulled me over to a sunglasses stand.

“Yeah, I have to agree! It’s pretty epic.” I laughed as I picked up a pair of sunglasses, shoving them on her face.

I just wished Hayden was with us to see it.

Hayden’s POV.

I waited around the opposite side of A Rocket To The Moon’s bus out of sight incase Taylor walked past. I wasn’t worried about Alex, Logan or Jake, or even Eric, Andrew, Justin or Nick as they already knew, as well as Nathan, Nick, Omar, David and of course Collin. They were all pretty much in on it, everyone knew, except for Taylor, which made me feel even worse.

“You’re still up for this, right?” I asked Nick who’d just appeared around the corner.

“Of course, I mean, it’ll help in the long run, right?”

“Right.” I nodded. Somehow, I hoped it would.

Taylor’s POV.

“Oh, I forgot to say, we’re watching the bands from the side of the stage tonight.” She said casually.

“What? Why?” I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows.

“Apparently the crowds can get rough here, so it’s in our best interest.” She shrugged.

I raised an eyebrow and shrugged. It seemed like a legit answer.

Alex pulled her cell out of her pocket and glanced at the screen quickly. “A Rocket To The Moon are on in five, we better go!” She exclaimed as she pulled me through the crowds of people that had formed, and towards the side of the stage. I showed the security guard the pass around my neck as did Alex before he stepped aside, letting us through.

“It’s best for you to watch from here tonight.” Justin smiled as we made our way up the few steps.

“Apparently so!” I laughed as Alex nudged me.

“Wish us luck!” Nick exclaimed, jumping up and down on the spot.

“Good luck, ginger Jesus!” I smirked.

He stopped dead and glared at me. “I’ll get you back, I promise.” He winked.

“I doubt that.” I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

“All in time, all in time.” He grinned mischievously as he hugged Alex quickly before picking up his guitar and running onto the stage with Justin, Andrew and Eric in pursuit.

“HELLO MANHATTAN!” Nick cheered as the crowd screamed in response.

I moved away from Alex for a second to look out at the crowd from the side, who didn’t look rough at all, in fact, they looked exactly like all the other crowds to all the other shows we’d seen over the few days over the tour. I furrowed my eyebrows as I glanced at Alex who was too busy singing along to “Fear Of Flying” to take any notice of me. It didn’t make sense, that’s all I could think as I began to zone out once again. I’d assumed they’d just gotten it wrong this time due to previous shows that had rough crowds or something, but there was more to it than there seemed, unfortunately, there always was.

“Taylor? Fucking snap out of it!” Alex laughed, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“What’ve I missed?” I said, blinking a few times.

“They’re about to play their last song.” She said, pulling me closer to her as I glanced out at the stage.

“So this is our last song.” Nick declared as the crowd groaned. “Don’t worry, we’re going to make it extra special!” He exclaimed as the crowd erupted into cheers.

“How are-” But before I could finish everything happened at once, Alex shoved a Microphone in my hand and Nick had ran over to me, and before I could get another word in had pulled me by the hands onto the stage.

“You’re dead!” I glared, trying to get out of his grip.

“So this is Taylor! She’s going to sing Annabelle with me, everyone cool with that?!” He yelled as the crowd cheered.

“I think I should have a say in this!” I exclaimed, though it wasn’t loud enough to hear over the screams and I didn’t think of bringing the Mic up to my mouth.

“Sorry what? I can’t hear you!” He smirked as the beginning of “Annabelle” started up.

Nick. Taylor. both.

"Annabelle, you think you're so damn special
But there's a million other girls like you
Thirty minutes and you say we're official
But I have got some news for you


Nick looked at me as he urged me to sing the next part. I closed my eyes and brought the Microphone up to my mouth hesitantly.

I need a girl, not a body with a complex
I got a heart and you've got your lipstick
Fine as hell but I think I might as well drop Annabelle


You're staying up just to dance alone (woah)
I'm dressing down 'cause I'm tired and I wanna go home
You look the part but looks don't tell the truth, woah-oh
Well baby you're pretty but I'm pretty sure I'm over you

I glanced at Justin who grinned mischievously at me, I laughed as I began to feel a little more at ease.

You can't even hold a normal conversation
But you can tell your friends I ruined your life
Whatever helps your perfect reputation
'Cause I'm not losing sleep tonight


I met a girl and she's more than a pretty face
Six drinks and she still remembers my name
Fine as hell but I think I might as well drop Annabelle
(Annabelle)

You're staying up just to dance alone (woah)
I'm dressing down 'cause I'm tired and I wanna go home
You look the part but looks don't tell the truth, woah-oh
Well baby you're pretty but I'm pretty sure I'm over you

Turn around
Turn around and walk away

I want out
I can't take another day
Even though she moves so well

I don't need a girl like Annabelle

You're staying up just to dance alone (woah)
I'm dressing down 'cause I'm tired and I wanna go home
You look the part but looks don't tell the truth, woah-oh
Well baby you're pretty but I'm pretty sure I'm over you

You're staying up just to dance alone(woah)
I'm dressing down 'cause I'm tired and I wanna go home
You look the part but looks don't tell the truth, woah-oh
Well baby you're pretty but I'm pretty sure I'm over you

Maybe she's pretty but I don't need a girl like Annabelle" We sang as the crowd roared in cheers. I smiled and walked over to Nick, whispering in his ear;

“You are so unbelievably dead.” I laughed.

He rolled his eyes and laughed. “Give it up for Taylor everybody!” He exclaimed as the cheers continued.

“Yeah Taylor!” Justin exclaimed as he stuck his hand up for a high-five, I ran over to him accepting his high-five before pulling him into a hug quickly.

“Oh I see, he gets love yet I get death threats? Charming.” Nick scoffed as I flipped him off.

“Anyway, we’ve been A Rocket To The Moon! Enjoy the two other bands and have a fucking great day!” Nick cheered as he ran off the stage, followed by Eric, Andrew and Justin, then me, Microphone still in hand. Only Alex stood in front of me at the side of the stage, blocking my path of escape.

“And where do you think you’re going?” She questioned, her arms crossed.

“I’m going to kill your brother, then I’m coming back to kill you, sounds good to me.” I glared before I attempted to push past her unsuccessfully.

“I don’t think so, kid.” She grinned.

Before I could answer though, David, Omar, and Nick ran on stage.

“Come on, Taylor! We’re on!” Nathan exclaimed as he pulled me back on stage, shoving a set list into my hand.

“I’m going to kill you!“ I shouted at Alex as my words were drowned in cheers.

“MANHATTAN YOU’RE LOOKING GOOD TODAY!” Omar exclaimed into his Microphone.

“So, we don’t know if you’ve heard, but our lead singer’s sick at the moment!” Nick sighed dramatically.

“But, not all hope is lost! Our good friend Taylor here is filling in for him once more as she did yesterday, isn’t she amazing?!” Nathan grinned as I turned around and glared at him.

“I’m going to get you all back for this, I hope you know!” I exclaimed into my Microphone, pointing at each of them in turn.

I glanced down at the setlist quickly;

Talk us down.
BodyBag.
Save Your Breath.
Three Oh Nine.
Stick Up.


“How did you guys like A Rocket To The Moon?!” Omar asked as the crowd screamed.

“I hope you’re all planning to stick around for Taking Back Sunday, you do not want to fucking miss that.” I chuckled, placing the set list on the floor.

“That’s the Taylor we know and love!” Nick exclaimed.

“What? The one who’s being nice now but is going to kill you later? Aswell as-” I said as I scanned the crowd to find A Rocket To The Moon. “You!” I exclaimed as I pointed in their direction, glaring at them.

“Don’t be a player hater, Taylor.” Nathan grinned.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. “So this first song’s called Talk Us Down, if you know the words, fucking sing along!” I exclaimed as Nathan began to drum before Nick came in with his guitar.

“So let's find the tallest building and scream at the streets below
As you turn to me and say
“What do you say?!“ I yelled into the Mic.
“They're not worth our spit anyway!” The crowd sang.
Talk us down, talk us down from this ledge
As we inch even closer to our death we're showing off our talents
We're good at losing balance

As we make the pavement our home
Letting go of all, all that we've known

I began to feel the adrenaline slowly creep it’s way through my veins as the chorus started up.

The cities never sleep when we're gone
The streets call out our name, the lights aren't the same for so long
and it's wrong to keep them waiting

So let's find the darkest alley, avoiding all contact with roads
Keeping time with our heartbeats, we rely on makeshift metronomes
Talk us down, talk us down from this ledge
as we inch even closer to our death we're showing off our talents
We're good at losing balance

As we make the pavement our home
Letting go of all, all that we’ve known

The cities never sleep when we're gone
The streets call out our name, the lights aren't the same for so long
and it's wrong to keep them waiting
All year long
“Lets just go!” Nick sang.
We'll say our goodbyes
Travel through the night, grab the closest wheel and drive.

I began to jump around as the breakdown of the song kicked in, it was such an indescribable feeling.

As we make the pavement our home
Letting go of all, all that we've known!

The cities never sleep when we're gone
The streets call out our name, the lights aren't the same for so long
and it's wrong to keep them waiting
All year long (so let's just go)
We'll say our goodbyes
We'll say our goodbyes
Travel through the night, grab the closest wheel and drive!” I sang as the song came to an end.

“And you said yesterday was a one off!” Omar scoffed into his Mic, glancing at me.

“Well it would’ve been, if I hadn’t have been tricked by all of my so called best friends!” I laughed, flipping him off.

“It was worth it though? Riiiiiiiight?” Nick grinned.

“It will be, if I hear everyone screaming their hearts out to the next song!” I cheered as the crowd screamed in response.

“So, if we trick you again, what are we going to need?” David winked.

I pretended to contemplate as I began to sing.

“You're gonna need a bodybag,
I'll break bones you didn't know you had.
When I'm done there will be nothing left of you
For your friends to hold on to
When they find you cold and blue tonight,
Face down in a parking lot!

Next time around, think about what you say
before you run your mouth.
Cause you're all alone and you're nothing
without your friends now.
You can tell the pavement what you really said
but I already know.
You got another thing coming if you think you're walking home.

This time I'm waiting here for you, you got nowhere to hide

You're gonna need a bodybag,
I'll break bones you didn't know you had.
When I'm done there will be nothing left of you
for your friends to hold on to
when they find you cold and blue tonight,
face down in a parking lot.

I ran across the stage and over to Omar.
“So Omar” I grinned as I began to sing again.
Here's a question.
What do you do when you're all alone
and you have nowhere to run to, swear I'll find you.
And this is what I'll do; I'll take it slow
just to let you know that we're not playing, you're not walking home.

“Sing it!” I exclaimed as the crowd began to chant the lyrics.

This time I'm waiting here for you, you got nowhere to hide

You're gonna need a bodybag,
I'll break bones you didn't know you had.
When I'm done there will be nothing left of you
for your friends to hold on to
when they find you cold and blue tonight,
face down in a parking lot.

Did you think that you had something to prove,
well you do yea, you do yea.
Did you think that you had nothing to lose,
well you do so you think you're walking home.

This time I'm waiting here for you, you got nowhere to hide

You're gonna need a bodybag,
I'll break bones you didn't know you had.
When I'm done there will be nothing left of you
for your friends to hold on to
when they find you cold and blue tonight...

(Next time around, think about what you say
before you run your mouth.
Cause you're all alone and you're nothing
without your friends now)

You're gonna need a bodybag,
I'll break bones you didn't know you had.
When I'm done there will be nothing left of you
for your friends to hold on to
when they find you cold and blue tonight,
face down in a parking lot!”

I pushed my hair out of my face and took a breath as the song ended, glancing over to the side of the stage to see Alex and Hayden standing there, grinning. I rolled my eyes and flipped them off. I couldn’t believe I’d been officially tricked. Again.

“I tell you something, I’m fucking gullible.” I laughed as I glanced down at the setlist to see what song was next.

“How you could fall for it twice in a row is beyond me.” Nathan scoffed.

I rolled my eyes and picked up the bottle of water that had been placed next to my setlist and unscrewed the top, drinking some of it before making my way over to Nathan, chucking the entire contents over him.

“Burn!” Nick laughed as he tuned his guitar.

“I’m going to get you all back, just remember that.” I smirked as I made my way back over to the front of the stage.

“Save your breath, Taylor.” Omar laughed.

“That was so lame.” I scoffed as I rolled my eyes playfully.

“Save your breath this time around
You're too beautiful and it's late
There's nothing left to say
I've wasted all this time on you
On you

It's all the same, we all make mistakes
And if you didn't notice, I'm taking this for all its worth
If it's a game, and these are the stakes
I know I got the best shot, for taking you out of the race

And every time I think of him it makes me sick
And I don't wanna know just what happened then
In the van right in front of my house
That's where you sold me out, girl
You didn't have a clue

You sold me out
What'd you think about when you were telling all your friends
about how your lips were pressed against his tightly
And I hope you had your eyes closed!

And every time I think of him it makes me sick
And I don't wanna know just what happened then
In the van right in front of my house
That's where you sold me out, girl
You didn't have a clue
Ohhh!

What'd you think about when you sold me out?

I took the opportunity to jump off of stage and lean over the barrier like I did the day before. I began to sing again as I held my Mic in front of a girl in the front row who looked up at me hesitantly.
“Go on.” I smiled as she began to sing quietly. “Come on, guys! Help her out.” I grinned as the crowd began to sing loudly once more.

Every time you go to sleep at night
I wonder what you hide behind closed eyes
What else could you be keeping from me?
What else could you be keeping from me?

And every time you go to sleep at night
I wonder what you hide behind closed eyes
What else could you be keeping from me?
What else could you be keeping from me?

And every time I think of him it makes me sick
And I don't wanna know just what happened then
In the van right in front of my house
That's where you sold me out, girl
You didn't have a clue

And every time I think of him it makes me sick
And I don't wanna know just what happened then
In the van right in front of my house
That's where you sold me out, girl
You didn't have a clue!”

“Well done!” I exclaimed to the girl as she handed me back the Microphone, grinning. As I went to lean back out of the crowd though, A random guy in the front row took the opportunity to kiss me on the cheek.

“Aren’t you cute!” I winked playfully as I jumped down, making my way back over to the stage and jumping back on it.

“Taylor you look like you just got raped.” David joked.

“I did, I got hand raped, and I got kissed! By him!” I laughed as I pointed to the guy who kissed me.

“I think Taylor gets more love than Collin, Collin you fail!” Nathan said into his Mic as Collin laughed, flipping him off from the crowd.

“I’ll be having words with you later, Ross! Until then, this next song’s called Three Oh Nine!” I exclaimed as the song beginning kicked in as the adrenaline surged through my veins.

“Don't take another step until you decide
What it is that you want and where you're sleeping tonight
It's no skin off my back or bones,
If you wanna go home then just say so...
Just say so, whoa

Let go, of all that we've had
You know we've been down this road before
Pack your bags, dry your eyes
It's a long walk from my house to Three Oh Nine

Cry all you like kid,
It's no secret you faked it
And it's no skin off my back or bones,
If you wanna go home then just say so...
Just say so, whoa

Let go, of all that we've had
You know we've been down this road before
Pack your bags, dry your eyes
It's a long walk from my house to Three Oh Nine!

By the way that your eyes
Travel to the floor when you tell a lie
Like the way that your eyes
Travel to the floor when you tell a lie
By the way that your eyes
Travel to the floor when you tell a lie
(Your eyes disguise, your ways and severed ties)
Like the way that your eyes
Travel to the floor when you tell a lie...
(Your eyes disguise, your ways and severed ties)
Like right now!

I sang, beginning to clap as Nathan hit the beater of the pedal into the Kick Drum.

Let go, of all that we've had
You know we've been down this road before
Pack your bags, dry your eyes
It's a long walk from my house to three oh nine
Let go, of all that we've had
You know we've been down this road before
Pack your bags, dry your eyes
It's a long walk from my house to three oh nine
Let go, of all that we've had
You know we've been down this road before
Pack your bags, dry your eyes
It's a long walk from my house to three oh nine
Let go, of all that we've had
You know we've been down this road before
Pack your bags, dry your eyes
“It's a long walk from my house to where?!”
“THREE OH NINE!” The crowd screamed as the song ended.

I grinned as I looked out at the crowd, I didn’t believe it’d be as fun the second time round, but it was better, I honestly didn’t know what the fuck I made such a fuss about.

“So, this is our last song! But we’ve hoped you’ve enjoyed our set, with the substitute vocal talents of Taylor Rubano!” David exclaimed as the crowd cheered.

“Aren’t you lovely, Bermosk!” I said, placing a hand over my heart as David laughed.

“So as this is our last song and everything, I want to see you go crazy! Can you do that?!” I yelled as the crowd roared.

“Lets see you do it!” I laughed as Nathan began the beginning of Stick Up.

"Come on make this last
Just 'til morning comes and we'll pick up the pieces
One by one
Tomorrow’s just another day
And this life's just to far away
To waste yet another tear on you

And I, I know this can't be wrong it feels so right
Laying in these arms with me tonight
I hope you know
I hope you know these feelings are true
I have about you

I'll lie awake
Wishing on your star
I hope you think about me
Wish on my star too
I'd like to think that we got something going yeah
I'm breaking, I'm bleeding, I'm falling in circles for you

Your eyes are filled with tears tonight
So hide your face you won’t see mine
And I’ve got you tripping over lies!
So Spit it out before you choke!

I know, and god I hope
That you feel this way too
And I, I know this can't be wrong it feels so right
Laying in these arms with me tonight
I hope you know
I hope you know these feelings are true
I have about you!

I'll lie awake
Wishing on your star
I hope you think about me
Wish on my star too
I'd like to think that we got something going yeah
I'm breaking, I'm bleeding, I'm falling in circles for you

I'll wait for this to end
But I don't know if these feelings are for real
My heart beats faster every time you're near
Every time you're near

“Go fucking crazy!” I exclaimed as I began jumping around as the crowd mimicked my actions and started jumping around and going crazy to the breakdown.

I'll lie awake
Wishing on your star
I hope you think about
Wish on my star too (Wish on my star too)
I'd like to think that we have something going
I'm breaking, I'm bleeding, I'm falling in circles for you
For you!" I sang as I held the last note.

“Give it up for Taylor!” Omar cheered.

“Give it up for Hit The Fucking Lights!” I yelled as I ran over to them individually, high-fiving them.

“Stick around for Taking Back Sunday! We’ll see you next time!” Nick grinned as we all ran off stage.

“I’m a fucking idiot!” I exclaimed, pouncing on Hayden and Alex.

“Yes you fucking are.” Hayden laughed as she hugged me.

“That’s the best fucking thing I’ve ever done, holy fucking shit!” I shouted, grinning.

Alex laughed as she ruffled my hair. “You did great, kid.”

I chuckled as I let go of them both.

“So, who’s idea exactly was this?” I asked, raising an eyebrow as Hayden stuck her hand up in the air slowly.

“I thought just as much.” I scoffed as I nudged her playfully.

“Hey! In my defence, I didn’t pull it off by myself!” She said, as she realised what she’d just said, slapping a hand over her mouth.

“Technically we all had a part to play, but-” Alex started as she attempted to bail Hayden out, but I cut her off.

“Who was your partner in crime?” I asked, looking at Hayden intently.

“Who do you think?” She mumbled.

I glared as I bit my lip as I remembered something; “I’ll get you back, I promise.”

Nick Santino. Trust me when I say I was going to make my revenge bittersweet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Xo.