‹ Prequel: Sink Into Me
Status: Active

Carpe Diem

Five.

I couldn’t relax, I mean, I knew the tour was going to be quite soon, but not five days, that was toosoon. I had no way of backing out and I knew it, I began to panic more and more as time went on. I had so many thoughts going on in my head I couldn’t process any of them, I began to fidget uncontrollably.

“You really need to relax, Taylor!” Hayden sighed as the car pulled up in our driveway.

“I’m okay!” I muttered as Hayden grabbed both of my wrists.

“What’s wrong with her?” Nathan laughed.

“She’s just worried.” Hayden sighed.

“Worried? About what?” Collin questioned as he opened his car door.

“Nothing, just the tour.” I laughed trying to play it off.

“What’s there to worry about?” Nathan chimed in once more.

“Oh you’d be surprised.” I mumbled as Hayden opened the car door and got out with me in fast pursuit.

“Nothing of course, she’s just strange.” Hayden half heartedly laughed, trying to cover up what I said.

“Well we all knew that.” Omar grinned.

“Gee thanks, Omar! You watch I don’t take you down like I did with Nathan.” I warned playfully as he yelled up his arms in defence.

“I told you I’d get you back.” Nathan scoffed.

“Yeah, we’ll see. I’m going to go and get Kade from next door, I-” I started but Nick cut me off.

“I think Collin’s beaten you to it.” He laughed.

I spun around to see Collin with Kade in his arms, speaking to Mrs Parker. I didn’t even see him leave, but I couldn’t help but smile.

“He really can‘t get enough of that kid.” I joked as I shut the car door.

“You’ve got that right.” Hayden laughed as she linked arms with me as we walked up to the door as she unlocked it and pushed it open.

“I’m hungry.” Nathan whined as he, Nick, David and Omar followed in after us.

“Then you know what to do VanDame, go home and eat!” I laughed

“But I’m too lazy..I guess I’ll just have to settle for your food..” He said slyly as he ran into the kitchen.

“Don’t even think about it!” I warned as I ran after him.

“But Taylor!” He complained as I jumped on his back.

“If you’re like this on tour I will have killed you by the end.” I groaned as I wrapped my arms around him.

“There’s no doubt about it that he’s going to be like that.” Nick laughed.

“I guess you’re a dead man, VanDame!” I grinned.

“Yeah, we’ll see.” He laughed as he removed my arms from around him.

“How rude!” I laughed as I jumped down.

“Taylor you’re so short!” David laughed as he ruffled my hair.

“Watch it.” I playfully glared as I pushed his arm away.

It was nice to have something to take my mind off of the fact of the up-coming tour for a while, but I knew it wouldn’t last for long, but as long as I was distracted, I couldn’t panic.

“Mommy!” Kade yelled as Collin closed the door behind him.

I grinned as I made my way over to them both.

“Collin, you’re too amazing!” I laughed as he handed Kade over to me.

“Nah, I just love the kid to death.” He grinned.

“I missed you buddy” I grinned as I wrapped my arms around Kade who placed his hand on my face.

“I missed you too Mommy!” He giggled as he wrapped his arms around my neck and closed his eyes.

“Look’s like someone’s tired.” I chuckled.

“I just realised, we’ve not spent any time together in ages, if you want after you’ve put Kade to bed we can hang out?” Collin asked hopefully.

“That sounds perfect” I smiled. “Give me five minutes”

He nodded as I walked away and walked up the stairs quietly, trying not to wake Kade up. Collin and I really hadn’t spent any time together in ages, we were both either looking after Kade or he’d be at band practise and I’d be with Hayden or I’d be with Hit The Lights and he’d be Hayden, whichever we way looked at it, we never spent quality time together anymore, of course it wasn’t anything romantic, more like brother and sister time. I pushed the door open of Kade’s room quietly and closed it just as quietly behind me. I walked over to his small race car shaped bed and put him down gently, removing his arms from my neck as he stirred a little.

“Love you Mommy.” He mumbled as he pulled the blankets over him with his tiny hands.

“I love you too Kade.” I smiled as I bent down and kissed his cheek before making my way over to the door and opened it quietly before sliding out and closing it just as quiet.

I made my way downstairs quickly, only to run straight into Collin who was walking out of the kitchen.

“Right, lets get this party started! What do you want to do?” He grinned.

“How about we rock out with an acoustic and sing some songs like we used to?” I suggested.

“Sounds great to me!” He laughed.

“I’ll go and grab my acoustic, I’ll meet you outside in five.” I grinned as I spun on my heel and ran back up the stairs.

I pushed my bedroom door open and headed over to where I’d placed my Yamaha Blue acoustic, smiling as I picked it up. I’d began to teach myself guitar after I’d left New York, it took my mind off of everything and made me relax, I hadn’t given up bass, though. I just preferred to play guitar, and it came it handy when Collin and I hung out, as I’d play guitar and he’d sing to a ton of different songs, it was great. It was what we always used to do before Kade was born and through the few years since when we had time to spare. I grabbed a guitar plectrum off of my desk and walked back over to my door, heading out of my room and along the stairway and down the stairs. I walked through the kitchen past the guys, only to notice Nathan was stuffing his face with food.

“Dead man.” I playfully glared as I held up my guitar as if I were going to hit him.

“Don’t hit me!” He squealed as he put the bag of popcorn down on the counter and ran to hide behind Nick.

I laughed in response and headed out through the door into the backyard to see Collin sat on one of the chairs that he’d set out for us. That guy was too sweet.

“Okay kid, what song shall we rock to first?” He grinned.

“Don’t patronise me loser, but how about Save Your Breath?”

“But Taylor.” He whined. “I feel vain singing my own songs when I’m not performing.”

I laughed. “Okay, how about I sing it with you? But you’re not vain, you weird child.” I chuckled.

“Sounds good to me!” He laughed.

I winked and strummed the opening chords for the acoustic version before Collin began to sing.

Collin. Taylor. Both.

Save your breath this time around
You're too beautiful and it's late
There's nothing left to say
I've wasted all this time on you

On you

It's all the same, we all make mistakes
And if you didn't notice, I'm taking this for all its worth
If it's a game, and these are the stakes
I know I got the best shot, for taking you out of the race


And every time I think of him it makes me sick
And I don't wanna know just what happened then
In the van right in front of my house
That's where you sold me out, girl
You didn't have a clue


You sold me out
What'd you think about when you were telling all your friends
about how your lips were pressed against his tightly
And I hope you (had your eyes closed)


And every time I think of him it makes me sick
And I don't wanna know just what happened then
In the van right in front of my house
That's where you sold me out, girl
You didn't have a clue
Ohhhh


What'd you think about when you sold me out?

Every time you go to sleep at night
I wonder what you hide behind closed eyes
What else could you be keeping from me?
What else could you be keeping from me?


And every time you go to sleep at night
I wonder what you hide behind closed eyes
What else could you be keeping from me?
What else could you be keeping from me?

And every time I think of him it makes me sick
And I don't wanna know just what happened then
In the van right in front of my house
That's where you sold me out, girl
You didn't have a clue


And every time I think of him it makes me sick
And I don't wanna know just what happened then
In the van right in front of my house
That's where you sold me out, girl

You didn't have a clue

“Taylor you have such a great voice, I know you don’t believe it, but you do!” Collin chuckled.

“I’m glad you added the “I know you don’t believe it but” but thank you! I could never sound as good as you though, Ross.” I grinned.

We sang “Annabelle” by A Rocket To The Moon, “Jersey” by Mayday Parade, “I have a dark alley and a bad idea” by Fall Out Boy, and many more. We sat there singing for what felt like hours and I couldn‘t have been happier, singing with Collin was the greatest thing, I admired him so much.

“Okay before we call it a day I think there’s time for one more song, what’s your favourite Hit The Lights song?” He questioned.

“Stick up, without a doubt.” I laughed.

“Sing it.” He stated.

“W-what?”

“You heard me, I want to hear you sing it.”

“But y-you’ll sing too, right?” I asked as I moved about uncomfortably.

“Nope, I want to hear you sing it. You need to believe in yourself Taylor, you’re a great singer and you’re a natural at guitar, prove to yourself that you are.” He smiled.

“Now?” I groaned.

He nodded in response.

Once again I began to strum the opening chords before taking a deep breath and closing my eyes, if I had to do it, I was going to do it my way.

“Come on make this last
Just 'til morning comes and we'll pick up the pieces
One by one
Tomorrow’s just another day
And this life's just too far away
To waste yet another tear on you

And I, I know this can't be wrong it feels so right
Laying in these arms with me tonight
I hope you know
I hope you know these feelings are true
I have about you

I'll lie awake
Wishing on your star
I hope you think about me
Wish on my star too
I'd like to think that we got something going yeah
I'm breaking, I'm bleeding, I'm falling in circles for you

Your eyes are filled with tears tonight
So hide your face you won’t see mine
And I’ve got you tripping over lies
So spit it out before you choke

I know, and god I hope
That you feel this way too
And I, I know this can't be wrong it feels so right
Laying in these arms with me tonight
I hope you know
I hope you know these feelings are true
I have about you

I'll lie awake
Wishing on your star
I hope you think about me
Wish on my star too
I'd like to think that we got something going yeah
I'm breaking, I'm bleeding, I'm falling in circles for you

Wait for this to end
But I don't know these feelings are for real
My heart beats faster every time you're near
Every time you're near
You’re near me
Every time you’re near

I'll lie awake
Wishing on your star
I hope you think about me
Wish on my star too
I'd like to think that we have something going yeah
I'm breaking, I'm bleeding, I'm falling in circles for you
For you.”

I sang as I strummed the last chord and slowly opened my eyes to be met with Nathan’s, Nick’s, Hayden’s, Omar’s, David’s and Collin’s eyes all on me.

“Wow.” Nathan said.

“You’ve been there the whole time?!” I exclaimed as I hid my face.

“Taylor you have nothing to be embarrassed about, you’re really good.” Hayden chuckled.

“You tricked me” I said as I glared playfully at Collin who held up his hands in defence.

“I didn’t, they all must’ve heard you, but what they’re saying is true though, you’re great!” He laughed.

“Well thanks…I guess.” I mumbled as I felt my cheeks heat up.

“Oh hey, we’d better start working on a set list for the tour.” Collin suggested as he looked at the guys.

“Yeah, we should really get practising, we’ve only got five days to perfect everything.” Nathan laughed.

“We’ll leave you girls to it.” Omar said as Collin got up and followed the other five inside.

Collin’s POV.

I followed the guys inside as they all stopped dead in front of me before we group huddled.

“You know what we have to do, right?” I said, looking at each of them in turn.

“I agree with you one hundred percent.” Nathan chimed in.

“Me too!” David grinned.

“Lets do it.” Omar laughed.

“You are too devious, Ross. But I’m in.” Nick chuckled.

“So it’s sorted.” I smirked.

This was going to be one hell of a tour.

Taylor’s POV.

“Whoa, I knew you could sing, but not as good as that.” Hayden exclaimed.

“I’m not that good, Hayd. There are tons of people out there better than me.” I laughed.

“And you tell me to believe in myself, you need to take your own advice.” She chuckled, nudging me.

I laughed as I rolled my eyes. “I don’t know how singers can do it though, get on stage and sing in front of a crowd, especially when there’s hundreds of people, it takes some guts.”

“That’s true, but I suppose if it’s what you love to do and what you live for then it just comes naturally.” She shrugged.

“I’m so nervous for this tour it’s unbelievable.” I sighed.

“You need to stop being so nervous, it’s not for another five days Taylor, stop worrying for now at least, there’s no need.” She said as she rested her head on my shoulder.

“I suppose you’re right, I still have five days, I’ll just think of that.” I said, trying to reassure myself.

Chyeah, like that was going to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Xo.