‹ Prequel: My Dirty Little Secret
Status: Active (:

My Dirty Little Lie

Chapter Five

“A little birdie told me that you’re getting out of the hospital soon.” I told Bree when I walked in. She was sitting up in her hospital bed with fewer tubes connected to her.

“I think it was Paul.”

“Actually,” I told her while sitting down beside her bed, “Paul left early today. So I heard.”

She frowned, “Really?”

“Really.”

“Bummer,”

I folded my arms over my chest and said, “You know, your aunt is worried about you. We talked last night.” And she told me things that I’m definitely scared to tell her at the moment.

“I know. She came to visit a few days ago.”

“A few days ago?”

She nodded, “She said she can’t stand to see me in this condition.”

“She wants to send you to a, um, delinquent school for a bit before college.”

“What?”

“She-“

“Why?”

“Because you tried to kill yourself… over a boy.”

“I didn’t… no, it wasn’t like that.”

“Bree it’s going to be okay. You’ll be back before you know it.”

“I don’t need to go to a delinquent school.”

“Maybe not, but being away from all this would be a good idea. Besides, it’s all girls, even better.”

“All girls?” She scoffed, I could see the tears in her eyes, and “This was suppose to be my summer with Paul.”

I frowned and gave her a small smile, “Look, how about I try to talk to your aunt again and convince her to give you another chance. I mean, it’s not like you’ve tried to kill yourself before.”

“I haven’t.”

“I know. I think she’s just really worried. You know, about the accident we have a few years ago. We did basically die.”

“I know.”

“I think she’s afraid of loosing you is all.”

“But that accident wasn’t my fault.”

“She knows. I know. You know. But that’s not the point. She’s scared for you.”

“We’ll she doesn’t need to be. I’m not going to a delinquent school, Elena. Especially not during my last summer.”

I gave her hand a small squeeze and said, “I’ll try my best.”

~*~

Working was an escape for me now, and Cris was apart of my paradise. Truth is; I’d have to keep my mind shielded again because of the feelings that have reformed for him.

“Elena,” He greeted before dropping a stack of papers on my desk, “How are you doing?”

“Great now that I’m here. What’s all this?”

He smiled before letting out a small sigh, “I need you to call these people and warn them that they have less than a week to get the payment in for their cars.”

“Sound easy,”

“Yeah, it sounds. It won’t be easy though.”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re a really sympathetic person. You won’t last a minute.”

“Not true.”

He rolled his eyes, “Sure it isn’t,”

I sat there and just stared at the stack in front of me, “How’s everything with your dad?” I finally asked.

He pursed his lips for a moment and scratched the back of his head, “You know; everything’s kind of awkward in the house. But I’ll be out soon,”

“I didn’t know things were that bad.”

He shrugged, “You don’t know much about me at all.”

I gave a small chuckled, “No, but I’d like too.”

“Are you flirting with me?”

My eye brows shot up and I automatically thought of Dimitri, “N-no.”

“It’s okay; I won’t tell your boyfriend.”

“I wasn’t flirting with you, Cris.”

“I know what you were doing. There’s no use in lying.”

I didn’t answer, and then he said, “Remember when I kissed you?”

I shook my head, “Can we not talk about this?”

“We haven’t talked about it for weeks. I want to know if you seriously didn’t feel anything.”

“I told you I didn’t.”

He chewed on his lower lip before saying, “You’re lying.”

“You don’t know that.”

“Actually, I do.”

I didn’t want to ask how, but I didn’t want to believe him either.

“Yeah.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah, I did feel something.” I said in a low tone. Almost a whisper.

“You did?”

“I thought you said you… Oh my gosh.”

“I just wanted you to admit it,” He said with his hand on the knob.

I buried my face with my hair, definitely angry. I stood up.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

I shoved past him on my way out of the room but he caught me by my wrist and pulled me to him causing me to crash painfully into his chest. I pushed myself away from him, prepared to say a few things on my mind when he cupped my face with both hands and brought his face to mine.

I would’ve pulled back but something about it felt so right. I kissed him back, almost subconsciously and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck. I was so involved in the kiss I didn’t realize that someone was calling my name until Cris was yanked away from me and I was face to face with Dimitri.

He looked angry, his jaw was set, but his eyes were sad. Betrayed and hurt.

He turned around and punched Cris before beginning to walk away. I gasped, “Dimitri!”

He swung around and I almost toppled over because I was running towards him, “What, your going to defend your little friend here?”

I placed my hand over my forehead. My face felt hot, and it cooled me down, “Dimitri, I’m not-“

“Are you seriously planning on lying to me right now? I saw you kissing him back with my own eyes, I read your thoughts, and I saw the whole scene play out!”

“Would you please just listen to me-“

He shook his head, “No. No, I’m not interested in anything you have to say to me right now.”

“I’m so sorry.”

“You’ve been saying that a lot lately, but you should be.”

“But I am. I’m so sorry.”

He ran a hand roughly through his hair, he was crying. Because of me.

Seeing him cry made me cry, and I broke out into a bawl. “I’m so, so, so sorry.” I whispered walking up to him.

He turned around and jogged back to his car, leaving me where I once was.
♠ ♠ ♠
... Please don't be mad , lol . If any of you are still theree (im reffering to my fans) Thanks : ]
Things have been rough . Seriously . No lie . & I have a lot of work to do to prepare for AP classes in two months , so ill be working all summer. but today, somehow, I found time in between studying and reading a book for my book report . Anyway ; thanks, make sure you STAY WITH ME . & I hope you enjoyed this chapter .

P.S- I'm pretty sure you guys like the wait- then the shock anyway .