Status: the maine FTW!

Beauty in the Unspoken

Bad Movie

“Patrick, can you act your age for once?” I Seethed.

We had gotten to the restaurant about 45 minutes ago and we were relaxing and catching up. When all of the sudden a piece of bread flew across the table and hit John in the side of the head, it was like we couldn’t even have one civilized meal. I guess that was to be expected from a group of boys.

“Sorry Rora.” Pat pouted.

“That’s not going to work and you know it.” Kennedy interjected.

Patrick huffed as the waitress came back over to take out order. Once she had written everything down she politely told us it would be about 25 minutes until it was ready. We thanked her and went back into our previous conversation about the guy’s last tour. They had some crazy stories to tell and a few raunchy ones. One in particular about Garrett stood out to me. It really got my mind thinking.

Was Garrett really like that all the time on tour? Was it just a one-time thing? Or was he just really good at hiding who he really was? I was broke out of my thoughts by Kennedy placing his hand on my thigh. I looked over at him and smiled. I was really lucky to have him. But if I was so lucky, why did I keep thinking about Garrett and other girls.

I knew I really needed to talk to Kennedy about telling Garrett we were together. I also knew he would object, he didn’t want to create a riff in the band. I didn’t want that either so I knew we needed to be gentle when we told him.

The rest of dinner went rather smoothly. Patrick hit on the waitress a few times only to be denied. Garrett however was victorious in getting her number. I smiled and though that they would look cute together. I made a mental note to tell him to call her.

“So what now?” Anna asked as we excited the restaurant.

“Movie night at my house?” John suggested.

There was a round of agreement before we split off into the respective cars. John and Garrett were with Jared. Patrick went to Kennedy’s car and waited for him to unlock it. Anna and I went to my car and started the 10 minute drive to John’s.

“So what is going on between you and Mr. Brock? I saw him grab your leg under the table so don’t even try and say ‘nothing’” Anna questioned as soon as we were in my car.

“We got together earlier” I said like it was no big thing.

“What?! And you waited till just now to tell me?” Anna exclaimed.

“It really isn’t that big of a deal. We are waiting to tell everyone till we can break it to Garrett. I know he likes me and I don’t want him to be mad.” I stated.

“Yeah I can understand that. I am going to make my move on John. He made it pretty clear how he felt this afternoon at the pool.” She smiled thinking back on it.

“Yeah I noticed that when I interrupted. Sorry about that by the way.” I explained.

“No worries. It’s ok. Like I said I am going to make my move. Like tonight, I am going to ask him to help me with the popcorn and stuff and kiss him.” She said.

I smiled I Knew that Anna had been waiting for John to make a move for a while now. And since I kinda interrupted it earlier she at least knew he felt the same. Making her confident enough to make the move herself, I was proud of her. I was also extremely happy for her.

When we arrived at John’s everyone unloaded and filed into the den where we normally had movie nights before the boys made it big. John asked if Anna and I wanted anything to change into and we both said a thankful yes. John directed Kennedy where it was and said that he was going to help Anna in the kitchen.
I stood up and offered to help with finding stuff that would fit us. Once we were in John’s room Kennedy pressed me against the wall kissing me passionately. I had wanted to kiss him all night and now I knew that the feeling was mutual.

“Hey did you find any extra shorts?” We heard a voice say. We spilt apart to find the owner of the voice standing in the doorway with a shocked, hurt, and angry look on his face.

“Garrett, please listen to me.” Kennedy said. But Garrett wasn’t having it. He looked at me and when I failed to say anything. He walked away from the room. I followed quickly after him.

“Garrett, please wait. Let me explain.” I pleaded as we made our way downstairs and toward the front door. Hearing the commotion everyone came to see what was going on.

“Explain what? That you are leading me on while making out with Kennedy in the next room? I never thought you would be the one to do such a whorish thing but I guess I was wrong.” He said with such venom in his words that I was rendered speechless.

He left the house in a storm and everyone’s eyes fell on me and Kennedy. We had nothing to say for ourselves except that we knew what we had done was wrong.