Status: First and proud completion. :)

I Was Made to Love You

Imprinted... Almost

Paul strutted through the forests of La Push, his home town. He needed to cool off after the fight he'd almost had with Jacob, one of his friends. He'd almost punched Jacob square in the nose and would have made sure to have broken it, too. That is, if Sam -- another of his friends, one of his 2 best friends, too -- hadn't quickly appeared in between the 2 to break the whole thing up before it got even more out of hand.

Paul growled inwardly, still frustrated and angry, though his negative feelings were rudely interrupted as his superhuman (literally) senses quickly began to tingle. It started with his whole body slowly, but surely beginning to tingle from his bare toes and all the way up to head, from the tips of his ears to the ends of his fingertips, followed by a warm, slightly bubbling feeling erupting in the pit of his stomach, down to his gut, all the way through to his bones, too.

Then he noticed a scent he'd never taken in before, a sweet, candy cotton sort of smell, somehow mixed with cinnamon and lemon, too. It was the most delicious scent he had ever inhaled into his nostrils.

Not too long after that, as he kept walking (slowly now) deeper into the forest, he began to feel a slightly familiar (yet strange at the same time) presence and though he still couldn't see anything the culprit yet, he knew he was no longer alone. He knew someone or something was there. He felt as though he should know this presence, but he drew nothing, but blanks in his mind as it raced to further familiarize with the presence.

His eyes darted in every direction of his surroundings, but he still saw nothing. He sighed to himself, thinking that he needed Jared -- the other 1 of his best friends, his best friend really -- was here to help. He wasn't called Hawk Eyes for nothing, to say the least.

Sam always thought that was, because (in his theory anyway) the shape-shifting wolf magic within each of them somehow enhanced their strongest assets, like how Jared always had good vision, Quil was always the smartest, Jacob was the biggest, Seth and Leah were both as determined as each other (must be a shared sibling thing), Embry was the most nimble, Paul was of course, the fastest and actually had the best hearing of them all, Collin and Brady (being twins) were the most cunning and kind of sly at times and Sam self-titled himself as the scariest.

Paul scoffed to himself, just thinking of that until he finally heard new and unfamiliar sounds in the forest, snapping him quickly from his thoughts. He stood still and listened carefully for a couple of moments, just drinking in every last little sound.

It was silent for a second or 2 until he heard it again. He frowned to himself slightly, straining to hear at this point. The sounds were so soft and he figured he had to be at least half a mile from where they were coming from.

Feeling adventurous, needing to cool his anger anyway and still getting that odd, but comforting, rather fluffy feeling, he began to quickly jog, following his ears. As he grew a little closer, he suddenly realized what the sounds where.

Crying. Someone crying. They sounded like a females.

He picked up the pace, breaking into a fast sprint now. He wanted to know if she was okay or if she was in any danger. He knew what sort of dangers lurked in these woods.

He didn't have to wonder for too long as he rounded a corner of tall bushes and halted quickly, staring down at a little ball of red, covering a shivering and crying little creature underneath it.

Paul felt numb, frozen. He already knew that this could happen. He already knew how it would happen and sort of how it felt thanks to his and his pack brothers' mind reading connection when in wolf form, but he also knew that you had to look your imprintee dead in the eyes, even if for a mili-second to be able to truly imprint on them.

Yet, here he was, somehow managing to take an inventory on all the feelings and other thoughts (most of the quivering little ball of red in front of him now, almost certainly proving his point now) that he had felt, pictured and heard from his pack (about their own imprintees) were all ticking the boxes right now.

He knew what he had done to this creature almost immediately before he'd even laid his eyes on hers, or even laid eyes on her altogether, but he just needed to make sure.

He had imprinted. Or at least, almost.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading.
I appreciate all commenter's and always comment back. :)
-- Zya here.