Status: co written story with Sab! updates may vary, due to our schedules, but please leave us comments and subscribe! :D

If Looks Could Kill, I'd Be Dead

"Fluctuations are aching my soul, expectation is taking its toll."

Image


Theta

“Theta?” Someone familiar sounding brushes my hair out of my sleeping face. “Wake up... The food will be here in few minutes… We’ll be in England in about an hour and a half…”

In my ears, the voice sounds low and fuzzy, like someone was tuning a radio. I snuggled deeper into the warm body next to me. Cute giggles echo in my ears.

“Wake up, Theta!” My shoulders are shaking and I open my eyes.

“Mrrrhhhnng?” I mumble, sitting up slowly.

“You fell asleep about an hour ago, silly!” He chuckles again, brushing my hair out of my face.

“Oh.” I yawn. “You could have woken me up earlier. I’m sorry that I fell asleep on you.” I laugh.

“It’s alright, really.” He smiles. “I ordered you some iced tea, unsweetened, just the way you like it. I also ordered a cheese, lettuce, mustard, and mayo sandwich, which is boring as hell. You vegetarian, you.” he jokes.

“Oh, shush. You carnivore, you.” I joke right back.

The food comes and while we eat, we talk to Loren and Camden through the seats. I love Sasch, don’t get me wrong… but I would have loved to fall asleep on Loren, since Sasch and I are already so close. But it just wasn’t meant to be, here and now. I hope I have more opportunities in England…

Before I know it, the pilot’s voice is coming on through the speakers, telling the passengers to put on their seatbelts. We’d be landing in less than ten minutes.

I AM IN ENGLAND. Oh my goodness.

Sascha and I squeal; we’ve both been counting down the days, and now it’s finally here!

The plane lands and we get off, chatting and laughing about the adventures to come. We’re all really happy and excited about this awesome experience we’re going to have!

We pick up our bags and drive to Loren’s grandmother’s house. We’ll be staying with Mr. Kerr, I mean Andrew’s, mother’s house. From what I hear from Loren, she’s an adorable old woman with an old mansion. I couldn’t be more thrilled.

During the drive, I can’t get used to the people driving on the wrong side of the road! It’s strange. Sascha and I keep looking out the window, pointing to things here and there in Liverpool. I can’t wait to explore the city with my friends!

Soon enough, the scenery starts to change. Tall buildings turn to tall trees and crowed streets turn into solitary roads. We’re in the country now, and up ahead I see a looming mansion.

My mouth agape, we stop and all take out our luggage, bringing it to the door.

“Loren! Camden!” A petite old woman, just a little bit taller than myself, opens the door. She is wearing an “old lady” dress with a little white sweater around her shoulders. She is wearing thin glasses and her gray hair is curly and short.

“Nan!” Camden shouts, dropping his suitcase and runs into his grandmother’s arms.

“’Ello, Nan.” Loren smiles, wrapping his arms around both Camden and his grandmother.

“Oh, yeh two have grown since I’ve last seen yeh!” her lovely voice dances around my ears. “And yeh two must be the lads’ friends!”

“Yes, my name is Theta.” I smile and the woman opens her arms to me. She hugs me and says,

“Well, yeh a lovely.” She smiles as well, keeping me at arms length. I blush and say,

“Well, thank you.”

“I’m Sascha.” He speaks up. She hugs him too, still smiling. This old woman is so precious.

“What a handsome young man!” She chuckles, looking at the both of us.

“Well, you both can call me Nan. That’s what the boys’ call me, anyhow.” She opens the door more. “Now all of you, come in! I’ll brew a pot of tea for yeh all.”

We enter the large house and she calls out,

“Ronald, get in ‘ere! They’ve arrived.” And then goes into the kitchen.

“Just a minute, Louise!” A deep voice answers from the other room.

“Pap!” Camden runs into the other room, with Loren close behind. Sascha and I wait in the large foyer, looking at each other with smiles on our faces until the three come out.

“’Ello, there. You two can call me Pap.” The old man smiles, the corners of his eyes crinkling even more than they were before. “And yeh are?”

“I’m Sascha. It’s nice to meet you, sir.” They shake hands, and then I say,

“I’m Theta.” And he shakes my hand firmly as well. He is balding, a thin layer of hair on his scalp, with thick rimmed glasses and even a bowtie around his neck! He is the cutest old man I have ever seen.

“Well, welcome to our house. Anything here that belongs to us, belongs to yeh. Make yehselves at home. And if yeh need anything, Louise and I will be happy tah help.” He smiles as we thank him and he goes back into the living room. Now I know why Andrew is so kind and caring.

“Let’s get yeh two up to yeh rooms.” Loren says, leading the way upstairs, the three of us following him.

“Sascha, you’re here.” Loren opens the door to a room.

“Theta, you’re here.” Loren opens the door to the room next to Sascha’s.

“Camden and I have rooms across the hall.” Loren looks at the time on his phone. “It’s eight PM here…” He thinks a moment. “That would be one AM in the States. It’s been a long day, so why don’t you we all unpack and if you’re up for it, we could hang downstairs, if you don’t want to sleep that is.”

“Okay.” Sascha shrugs. “Sounds good to me.”

“Alright.” I smile.

We all go into our respective rooms. I turn on the light and gasp.

The bed is in the center of the room, pushed against the wall. There is a door that leads to a bathroom on one wall and on the other is the door to the closet. There’s a desk and chair on the other side of the room. The walls are painted a light, eggshell blue colour and the comforter and pillowcases are a deeper shade of blue. The room is absolutely lovely.

“Wow.” I mumble and walk around, examining the ornate dresser, looking at the mirror on top. I set my toiletries in the bathroom and unpack my clothes into the closet and dresser. I stash my spending money in my underwear drawer.

I stand at the edge of the bed and fall backwards. I just lay there, in awe. I can’t believe that I’m actually in Enlgand! With my closest friends, at that.

I yawn and close my eyes.

I’m in the UK. With Sascha… and Camden… and… Loren. Loren, and his kaleidoscope eyes. Loren and his deep voice with that charming accent. Loren and…

And before I know it, I’m fast asleep, dreaming of the adventures to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY FOR THE RIDICULOUSLY LONG WAIT.

I feel like a proper arsehole. At the end of the summer, I was just vegetating, wasting time and waiting for school to start. Then, my senior year of high school started, so I was busy with that! Gah, my apologies for being so late. I know it's kind of crappy, but it's a filler, nonetheless. (Have you ever realized how hard fillers are to write?! They are just things that need to happen to continue with the story, but you just don't feel like writing them! Meh.)

Anyways, much love for those who have stuck with us since the beginning. We've been working on this story for just about seven months now. YOU guys... you're amazing. a special thank you to those people, but I also want to thank our newer readers, as well. You're all really appreciated, especially those of you who leave comments for us. You're rad! Love you all. c:

Comment and Subscribe!