Status: finished:)

Keep It Secret, Keeps Us Safe

Neuf

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Peter stares at his son sitting across from him in all silence. This is the third meal this week that'd been silent and uncomfortable for the family all because Alex is sittig there playing with his food. He eats some and Peter is thankful for that, but he wishes his son would be loud and obnoxious as he should be. Peter sighs inwardly, "How's school treating you, son?"
"Wonderfully, I can't wait until I'm done being a fucking junior." Alex replies making eye contact. 
"How's Jack?"
Isobel's head snaps up in attention. Her brown eyes are wide. She can't believe that her husband has the audacity to ask a question like that. It is quite obvious that Alex hates what the two boys are doing. 
"Mr. Barakat bought Jack a car since Jack's not gay anymore." Alex says bitterly. 
"Alex, are you okay?" Peter asks staring intently at his son. 
"Yes, I'm fine. So is Jack. He has a car and a mother who's lining him up with dates. We're both fucking perfect." Alex throws his fork on the table and goes to his room. 
"When is Jack coming over?" Isobel asks her husband. 
"He better come soon or I'll drag him here." Peter replies rubbing his temples with his first and middle fingers. 
"They'll get through this. Alex just isn't used to this secrecy thing yet."
"I'll go talk to him."
"Leave Alex be. This was his decision and he'll get through it." Isobel tells her husband. 
She's right. Alex doesn't want to talk to his father or his mother. He doesn't want to talk to anyone and he certainly doesn't want to be in love anymore. Quite desperately, he wishes he can call his brother. Tom would know what to do. 
Alex falls back on the soft duvet. He keeps his brown eyes steady on the ceiling, his mind racing. He wonders what it's like to die, how Jack's date is going, what would happen if he dies, if his parents even kind of understand what Alex feels like, and if Jack feels this way right now. Alex groans and ignores the quick thought to do his homework. 
Alex is going to turn his mind off. Alex is going to forget everything if only until his eyelids flutter open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I know this should be better for how long I made y'all wait. But here are some reasons: I was way busier then I like, I was brain dead for how to make this chapter (hence the shitty turn out), and I had to do my story for my school's newspaper.
Anyway since it's short and I have such WONDERFUL subscribers, I have a proposal. If I get two comments on this before I go to sleep I will give y'all another chapter.
Deal? Good:)