Just a Game

Chapter 16

It was the day, prom, yes it was going to come sooner than later, I was only sked on the tuesday before. We were meeting at my house, not my entire group of friends, the guys were going where their dates wanted. So it was just the four of us, Michelle, Jackie, Kyla and I. Michelle and I would be getting ready together as usual and Kyla and Jackie were just going to meet us there. Though I'm pretty sure Kyla was already there while Michelle and I were getting ready.

After our hair and makeup was done I looked at her and said, "do I finally get to see this dress." Michelle had this weird need to keep the dress a secret and Jake got mad because there were several types of blue and she wouldn't show him the full dress instead she took a picture of a corner of the dress.

"Yes," she grabbed the dress that had been wrapped up and went into my bathroom and changed. "So what do you think," she came back in. I was awe struck, this dress was gorgeous, The dress was light blue, like baby blue with beaded straps, a keyhole cutout, and a flowing silhouette.

"Michelle you look like a princess," I said, "I've never seen such a pretty dress."

"I know," she smiled, "and it will look even better with these." She took a shoe box and pulled out these silver strappy heels that spiraled around the leg a few times. No one would really see them, but whatever.

"Cute," I said, "my turn." I grabbed my dress and changed into my gold dress, it had a single shoulder detailing, a side midriff cutouts, and fit and flare silhouette. I just had gold platform heels.

"That dress is so sexy," Michelle said, "I love it and look at theses," she picked up my shoes," you might be tall for once."

"I am not that short," I said pouting. 5'4'' is considered normal right.

She rose her eyebrow at me, "Keaton." I guess compared to her 5'8'' it was short and then she looked at me, "how the hell are you going to walk in those."

"Not really sure," I said, "can we go down stairs yet?"

"No I want the dramatic stairway walk, so Jake has to be here," I looked at her like are you serious.

"Alright, I'll go down and check," I said.

"No call Sean," she said, "and then you can walk down too."

"Yeah, that would be all nice and everything," I said, "if my date and I could actually stand eachother."

"You said yes," she said.

"Free ticket," I said and then shook my head and did as she said, "Hey Sean, is Jake there yet." I paused for his answer, "alright good, can you get him by the staircase." I turned to Michelle and gestured for her to go "he's there."

"Yay" she said and picked up her dress and ran to the staircase, in heels, I would have fallen. I put my heels on and went to follow her. If she wore flats I'd be an inch taller in these. I watched from the top as she walked down and Jake had the best look on his face. It's the look he's supposed to have. Kyla, Sean and Chase were also there. Of course I didn't expect Jackie yet, she's always late. Kyla's dress was cute, it was strapless and sea green with a sweetheart neckline, empire waistline with rosette detailing, fitted torso, and full lower skirt. The tie inder the bust was cheetah print which went with her heels.

"Michelle you look stunning," Jake said taking her hand as she made her way to the bottom of the staircase.

"As do you," she said smiling a goofy smile. "Keaton, get down here," she yelled up as she saw me still watching. I rolled my eyes, but walked down and I lifted the dress a bit so as not to trip and basically concentrated on my steps. I was trying my best not to fall.

I stood on the last step and finally looked up at everyone triumphant I had made it this far. "Clean up pretty well Durou," Chase said with a smirk.

I shot him a glare and said, "funny I was about to say the same thing to you Cole." I turned and looked at Kyla and Sean. "Kyla, I love your dress you look so cute," I said and took a step towards her not thinking about it. I had made it this far just to fall, not completely, but you could definitely tell I slipped.

Michelle waslaughing, "I knew it was just a matter of time."

I looked at her, "well just know you are responsible for keeping me up all night." Then I finished my way to Kyla and hugged her.

"Keaton your dress is really pretty too," she said.

I thanked her and then looked at Sean and jumed on him, "don't you look spiffy in your white tux."

"Don't you look tall in those heels," he mocked and laughed a little and I hit him.

We were waiting outside for Jackie to arrive, so we could take pictures and she eventually did. She stepped out of the car with her black pumps and then stood up revealing her dress. It was a strapless black dress that has a fitted bodice with asymmetrical style lines and beautiful bead work. Along with a fitted short silhouette, and flowing high low hemline revealing animal print underlay. And then on the other side came out this gorgeous guy that none of us knew.

"I am here," she said smiling and lifting her arms in the air.

"Finally," I said as we all went up and hugged her. "By the way, where did you find the hottie," I said.

She shrugged, "friend of my brothers, college boy."

"Did you sk him," Michelle asked.

"No," Jackie said, "I demanded him." We all laughed only Jackie could take not being asked and turn it around into someone even better. "So who's taking the pictures," she asked and I pointed at Danny who has to because he's here.

We did all the usual prom pictures, no matter how awkward it was. And then we piled into the limo Jackies mom had bought for us and we started on our way to prom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading and Since I suck at descriptions:

the dresses in order of appearance:

http://www.promdressshop.com/Prom-Dress-Sherri-Hill-2481.aspx

http://www.peachesboutique.com/Prom-Dress-Jasz-4359.aspx

http://www.promdressshop.com/Prom-Dress-Night-Moves-6244.aspx

http://www.promdressshop.com/Prom-Dress-Jovani-17405.aspx