Status: Active/Unfinished

My New Addiction

I'll Be There

I’ll Be There
Jess

We had a bit of a drive ahead but I didn't mind if it assured me that I was staying in a hotel room all alone with Stephen. We got to the next city earlier than expected and we were blessed with enough rooms to fulfill that wish of mine I made just a few hours ago. As we unpack, something poked me from behind that I chose to ignore.

“I know what you did.” A girl’s voice whispered in my ear. A corner of a box of some sort pressed hard against my back. I turn around to fine Courtney carrying her luggage with an evil smirk painted on her face. I could feel my heart pumping a million times a minute.
“What?” I said, trying not to sound defensive.
“Looks like someone got kissed tonight.” Crap.
“Lol what?” I actually laugh at the fact that I said LOL out loud. We walk towards the entrance as Courtney puts her luggage down. I see a bell boy putting my stuff down on a trolley.
“Don’t deny it, Jess.” Courtney said. “You have that FKG written all over your face.”
“What on earth is an FKG?” I asked as I put her acronym in quotation marks.
“French Kissed Glow.” She smirks, yet again as we proceed to the elevator.
“And where the hell did you get that idea?”
“This.” She pulls out her camera from her bag as we head towards the elevator and shows me a photo of a sweet couple kissing under a street lamp on the sidewalk. The photo displayed a girl in purple’s back covering a guy with messy hair’s face. How do I even begin to explain Stephen Gomez’ messy hair? Enough with the Mean Girls reference, I was caught in the act. Then I realized that I hadn’t changed since that fateful kiss a few hours ago.

“How the hell did you get that?!” I ask, surprised as I may seem.
“The never ending zoom of my big ass lenses.” She shows of her camera as if she was ninja-like when she took the shot. My eyes were as big as that of an owl's.
“Next time, make sure you don’t wear too much color so you wouldn’t stand out in the dark…” She said as she went out of the small room we were just enclosed in. As if five minutes of guilt would make a difference on how I felt about this issue. “just so I wouldn’t know it’s you.”
“Whatever you say, Courts.” I manage to say before she closes her door on me.

I wasn’t surprised when I saw Stephen unpacking in the room. What surprised me was that there was only one bed. One bed and a television right across it. This was going to be a pretty long night if you asked me.

“What took you so long?” He asked, crouching to the bag in front of him. We would be staying in this room for about three nights. What could be more perfect than that.
“I was talking to Courtney.” I closed the door behind me. “You know, girl stuff.”
“What brand of tampons do you use, Courts?” He said, in this really high pitched voice that seemed to mock me.
“You do a very bad impression of me.” I said, laughing.
“You’re mean.” He frowns then he throws me a pillow that hit me right on the face. I throw him the pillow back. He attacks me towards the bed right after that and after all of the tackling and playful wrestling, we just lay there, laughing, all happy. I look at him, and I saw this pair of eyes staring right at me.
“Stop staring at me.” I said.
“No.” he replied. Stephen caught me by surprise when he pulled me towards him that I was directly on top of the boy I just kissed. I’m still giddy from the night before and I’m not sure if I could handle any more.
“But really, what were you talking about?” He asks as I take my shoes off using my feet, keeping his arms around me. The thoughts of Stephen and I being all alone for a night in one bed right after a more than friendly kiss, I don’t know how this will end up but I’m pretty sure it’s something I won’t regret.
“This,” I replied with a kiss on the lips. I could feel him smiling and what I was positive about is that this was entire perfection. I’ve been waiting for this since eternity began and this entire thing just leaves me overwhelmed. I’m still beyond infatuated but I have nothing to worry about.

“I can live with that.” He said, smiling once again. He plants another kiss on me. This kiss made my heart flutter like a butterfly in spring. I couldn’t be any happier than I am right now. When you feel that feeling you’ve longed for in a very long time, you couldn’t help but space out in the middle of a moment. That’s what just happened to me while Stephen touched my bare back and as his hands move down my spine. Stephen’s touch felt like static on my skin. What would the rest of the band think once we tell them we’re together? What would they say? Then I realized that I shouldn’t give a fuck about what they thought. We can face the consequences later but tonight, there was no one else but Stephen and I. This night felt different than the other times we spent together. I feel the romance, I feel the love, I felt everything I wanted to feel ever since the glorious day that I met Stephen.

“I love you,” he whispered while his mouth was still on mine. Those three words were just out of the blue. I don’t know how to feel right now. They assured me that I was his and he was mine. Those words assured me that Stephen loved me and I want to show him that I love him back.

“I love you too.” I replied, feeling another smile as we kiss. And we kissed and kissed and kissed until the night met the day.