Status: Complete.

Resistance Is Useless

Karina

“Why shouldn’t I, Alex?” I shouted, straining to release myself from his hold. “I told them about the tattoo already, they know it was you guys.”
“Because you just can’t!” He yelled at me, putting more pressure on me.
I flinched and for the first (or second) time, I was actually afraid of him. “You shouldn’t have done what you did and kept out of trouble.” I spat. “Alex, let me go!” I screamed at him.
He loosed his grip on me instantly and took his hands off of me. I rubbed my sore wrists gently and I didn’t even realize I was crying until I felt my tears hit my hands.
“Karina, please,” Alex said much more softly now. “I’m sorry.”
“Don’t tell me you’re apologizing to her,” Rian scoffed. “Are we going to hold her or what? I don’t have time for this shit. I’m going out with Kara tonight.”
“Rian, shut the fuck up, you’re scaring her,” Alex practically growled at him.
“As if she isn’t already scared, Alex!” Rian yelled. “Are you fucking blind? She’s about to have a breakdown!”

“Shut up, shut up, shut up!” I screamed at the both of them.
They both stopped arguing and Alex turned back to me.
“Whatever, I’m leaving,” Rian said, walking out the room.
Another voice chimed in.
“I’ve got to admit, Lex, your girl was brave enough to actually come here and fuck with us,” Jack said with a beer in his hand.
“Jack, get out,” Alex demanded and Jack laughed before leaving us alone again.
And honestly, I’d rather have Jack, the one that hated me the most, stay in the room with us rather than be with Alex by myself. Rian was right. I was on the verge of a mental breakdown. My hands shook like crazy and the silent tears kept coming.
“Kari, talk to me,” Alex begged. “Please.”
“My name’s Karina,” I corrected him. “Don’t call me that anymore.”
“I’m sorry, okay?” He ran his hands through his hair. “I’m so fucking sorry.”
“You’re sorry, Alex?” I seethed. “What are you playing at? Did you already have this planned out? I heard you down there and let me tell you, you had me believing everything you said because I thought you were a trustworthy person!”

“I swear to you, I didn’t mean it. I just said that as an excuse to keep you around without them giving me shit for it,” He said.
“That’s total bullshit!” I yelled at him. “You already knew what was going to happen! You were only using me as a cover up! Was fucking me a part of the plan, too? Tell me anything I want to hear, right? I bet you don’t love me at all.”
“Karina, don’t say that,” He said. “I swear to God, I really do love you and I would never try to hurt you.”
I got tired of standing up and collapsed on the floor, pulling my knees to my chest. “Then why’d you do it, Alex?”
“Because that’s what we do,” He said it nonchalantly. “If I had known the most beautiful girl was in there, I wouldn’t have done it. I can’t even say sorry enough to explain it to you.” He kneeled down in front of me.
“Sorry doesn’t fix or change anything and it never will!” I shouted, my voice cracking in mid-sentence.
“If sorry doesn’t fix anything, then get up and go,” Alex said harshly. “I’m giving you the opportunity to go and tell.”

I looked up and stared at him like he was insane. Would he actually let me get up and go back to the police? It was probably some kind of reverse psychology. I should’ve got up and left but it felt like I was too weak to even stand on my own.
“Alex, what the fuck are you doing?” Jack walked in again. “You can’t let her run.”
“She wasn’t going to anyway,” Alex shrugged. “Can’t say I wasn’t being fair.”
I leaned my head on my knees silently crying again. I just wanted to go home and be alone. I didn’t want to be bothered with extra drama.
“Well, I gave you the opportunity to go,” Alex said after him and Jack spoke briefly. “You’re one of us now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Doubled Karina's chapter since Felicia wouldn't be able to update this week.

Any ideas on what's to come?!?!