Status: Complete.

Resistance Is Useless

Alex

“That’s total bullshit! You already knew what was going to happen! You were only using me as a cover up! Was fucking me a part of the plan, too? Tell me anything I want to hear, right? I bet you don’t love me at all.” She screamed.

I have to admit, it hurt. Did she really think I didn’t care about her? That these past few months didn’t mean anything to me? But I could see by the look in her eyes that that was exactly what she was thinking.

“Karina, don’t say that! I swear to God, I really do love you and I would never try to hurt you.” That confession seemed to be too much and she collapsed to the floor, pulling her knees to her chest. “Then why’d you do it, Alex.” She whispered.

That was a good question. Why did we do what we do? I honestly didn’t have an explanation. It felt like it always had been like this. What was I supposed to tell her? That we did it for the thrill? Because we were bored?

“Because that’s what we do.” I finally said. I could see the spark of disbelieve in her eyes. “If I had known the most beautiful girl was in there, I wouldn’t have done it. I can’t even say sorry enough to explain to you.” I kneeled down in front of her. “Sorry doesn’t fix or change anything and it never will!” She shouted.

I could feel anger bubbling up. Why couldn’t she just understand? “If sorry doesn’t fix anything then get up and go.” I said, knowing that she wouldn’t. “I’m giving you the opportunity to go and tell.” She started at me in utter confusion, like she wasn’t sure if I meant it or if I was just playing with her.

Suddenly Jack walked in, apparently having overheard our conversation. “Alex what the fuck are you doing? You can’t let her run.” I got up and looked down at the terrified, yet very confused girl sitting on the floor. “She wasn’t going to anyways.” I shrugged. “Can’t say I wasn’t being fair.”

“We need to talk.” Jack said and pulled me away a little. “What the fuck are we supposed to do with her now!” He whispered yelled. “We can’t let her go. Not now! Not now she knows everything!”

I shrugged again. “Than what do you suggest?” “That we do what we always do. It worked before. I mean it’s not like they every found Jennifer, or her body I should say.” A wave of anger washed over me. I pushed him forcefully, causing him to fall back against the wall. “Don’t you even dare lay a finger on her or I swear to god I’ll make sure you would be able to have kids!” I growled. “do you have a better idea then?” He spat, scrambling up. “Yeah.” I said slowly. “Let her be one of us.”

Jack nearly exploded. “WHAT! Are you fucking insane!? You just threatened me a few second ago because of that girl. And now you want to her to be part of the group. Hell no! You’ll probably end up killing us all.” I sighed. “I sorry about that. I’ll try to stay calm from now on.”

Jack studied me for a second before her raised his hands in defeat. “Fine!” He sighed. “I’ll go inform the rest.” I shot him a look. “Why? Why are you suddenly okay with this?” He chuckled. “I’m not. I’m actually far from okay with this, but I can tell she means a lot to you. That’s why I’m agreeing to this. Even though I’m not her biggest fan you’re still my best friend Lex, you deserve to be happy.”

A small smile formed on my face. “Thanks Jack.” He patted my beck and got back to the living room. I turned back to Karina, who hadn’t moved an inch.

“Well, I gave you the opportunity to go.” I said to her. “You’re one of us now.” Her head snapped up immediately. “W-What!? What are you talking about? What do you mean?” She stuttered. “You’re one of us now.” I said calmly.

She got some of her strength back and scrambled up from the floor. “No! No, no , no, no! NO!” She said, backing away from me. Slowly approaching the front door. “Don’t run.” I said, my voice flat, almost bored. “You had your change to leave and you didn’t. You made your choice and there’s no going back.”

“Made my choice!?” She screamed. “I didn’t choose anything! I don’t want this! I hate you! I wish I never met you!” She cried. That really hurt, but I tried not to let in bother me. “Yes you did. Like I said, I gave you the opportunity to leave, you stayed. Simple as that.” I shrugged and pulled her back to the living room where the rest was waiting.

I looked at Jack, who nodded, meaning he’d informed the rest. I looked at Rian and Zack, who also nodded, indicating they agreed. I softly pushed Karina down on the couch. “Now calm the fuck down and tell us how you found out.”

“I-I…” She stuttered. “Easy. Just take a deep breath and tell us.” I whispered, placing a hand on her shoulder. She cringed away from my touch, like she was afraid I would hurt her. She did as I said and started talking. “The feds, they came by my house and they showed me the tattoo. They showed me a picture of you guys.”
\
Jack jumped up. “The feds know? Fuck!” “Jack calm the fuck down.” I ordered. “We need to get the hell out of here.” They all nodded and we split, they knew exactly what to do.
I turned back to Karina. “You’re coming with me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short, but I'm on the middle of my finals right now and I wrote this when I was taking a break from studying. Sorry for the mistakes, I'll edit later.

What do you guys think is gonna happen next? Any thoughts?

Love, Felicia.