Status: One shot;;

A Story to Tell Your Friends

One Shot

“Drake, we have to find Mickey Mouse for Matt.” I said dragging Drake through the crowd at Disneyland.
“You really think this little stunt shit is going to win him over?” He asked. I frowned. Matt Flyzik is my best friend and I’ve had a really big crush on him. Might sound lame.
“Shut up, Drake.” I said. I saw his ears. I screamed and started running towards Mickey Mouse. I almost collide with him but I slowed down on time.
“Hi, can I get a picture with you holding this sign, Mickey Mouse?” I asked. He nodded. I jumped in excitement. I gave Drake my camera and gave Mickey Mouse the sign to hold which said Matt Flyzik rocks. Wish you were here. Love, Mickey Mouse. I leaned forward and acted like I was kissing his cheek and Drake shouted done.
“Thanks. I really appreciate it.” I said. He nodded and we walked away. After a fun filled day, Drake and I decided to head back to the hotel. I must really thank Matt for sending me and Drake here. The five days we were supposed to stay came too quickly and we were on the plane heading back to Baltimore. I fell asleep on the way home. As soon as we were picked up I was going to print out the picture then text Matt to come hang out or something. The plane landed and we waited for our things to come through. Once that was finish, Drake and I walked through the building and towards the door when I heard noise behind us. I turned around.
“Jess, Jess.” He shouted. You think for being in a well popular band he wouldn’t shout but he did but luckily no young people were around. He charged toward me and then tackled me into a hug.
“I miss you, Jessi-poo.” Jack said. I wrapped my arms around him tightly.
“Jacky, I have missed you too.” I said.
“Jack Barakat, you better get your hands off my best friend.” I heard Matt shout. Then I was pulled into Matt’s arm.
“In due time, she’ll realize that she’s in love with me and forget all about the best friend, Matt.” Jack said. I rolled my eyes and pulled away from Matt and we all headed for the door. The guys dropped off Drake and I. We said we’d meet up again around nine or so to hang out. I just wanted to print that picture off and get some sleep.
“Where’s your camera?” Drake asked. I held the camera to my chest.
“You’re not getting it, Drake.” I said the raced upstairs to download the photos onto the computer. I edited the picture a bit then printed it and lay on my bed and fell asleep. I woke up when I heard knocking. I got up and walked out of my bedroom and to the living room. I saw Jack and Alex standing in the door. They were soaking wet and they look like they have been running for miles.
“Hey guys, what’s up?” I asked. They looked at him and frowned.
“What’s wrong? What’s going on?” I asked. Drake looked at me in horror.
“It’s Matt, Jess.” Jack said.
“What about Matt?” I asked.
“He was on his way over here to pick you and Drake up and there was a drunk driver. Matt did all he could to get out of the way of the drunk driver but it wasn’t enough. Jess, Matt’s in a coma.” Alex said. It felt like my breath was taking away. I lost my balance. I felt myself falling but never hit the ground because Alex caught me in an embrace. I shook my head as the tears fell down my cheek. Alex helped me over to the couch. I held onto him tighter when he was going to let me go.
“Don’t leave. Don’t fucking leave me. Please don’t.” I said. I felt Alex shake his head and held me tighter. I felt someone rub my back.
“You’re not alone, Jess.” Jack whispered. It made me cry heavier because that was something Matt would say when I was having a bad day and would go to him and cry.
“Are you allowed to see him or anything?” I asked. They both shrugged. I jumped up from my seat and headed for the door.
“Where are you going?” Drake asked.
“I’m not going to sit around here and fucking worry. I need to be there.” I said then remember to grab the picture. I ran up the stairs and grabbed the picture and my phone and ran back downstairs. I stood there as the other three just stood there dumbfounded.
“You like Matt?” Jack asked. Drake hit his forehead with his palm. I felt my face burn but never said anything.
“Shut the fuck up, Jack.” I snapped then went out the door. Alex and Drake sat in the front as Jack and I sat in the back. I glanced at him and he was fidgeting.
“Jack.” I said. He looked at me.
“Yeah, Jess.” He said.
“You’re mad at me?” I asked.
“No.” He said simply.
“Liar, because if you weren’t mad at me then you would of just said Yeah. No, Yeah, Jess or whatever.” I said. He shook his head then looked out the window.
“Fine, be a fucking asshole. See if I care.” I said folding my arms and looking out the window.
“Why are you being such a bitch?” He asked. I looked at him.
“Fuck you.” I said then jumped out of the car after we parked the car. I ran into the building and people stared at me. I rolled my eyes. I ran up to the desk and saw a little older lady sitting there, typing away on the computer.
“Excuse me.” I said. She never looked at me. I slammed my hand on the counter.
“EXCUSE ME.” I shouted. The lady jumped and I heard a few gasps from the others. I felt someone wrap their arm around me. I glanced and saw Alex. Matt and Alex are the only ones that can calm me.
“Sorry. Jet lagged and stuff.” I smiled. She nodded then smiled. She stood up and came closer to me.
“How can I help you, dear?” She asked.
“We’re here to see Matthew Flyzik.” Jack said. The lady went over to her computer and typed something in and then looked at us.
“He’s in room 82A.” She said. I pushed Alex away and walked quickly down the hall to try and find Matt’s room. 79A, 82A
“Here, Here. Guys, it’s right here.” I shouted. I heard some nurses tell me to be quiet. I rolled my eyes and just stood there until the others got here. I put my hand on the handle. I took a deep breathe in and turned the knob and pushed it open. I held my breathing as I walked around the corner and there laid Matt. He’s eyes closed. His face pale. It felt like my knees were going to give out. I walked over there and sat next to him and held his hand. I felt the tears fall down my face.
“Please, Matt. Don’t leave me here. You promised. You promised me.” I whispered. I felt a hand rest on my shoulder and I looked and saw Jack.
“I’m sorry for being a bitch.” I said. He shook his head.
“It’s okay. I’m also sorry for being an asshole.” He said. I shrugged.
“Friends? ” I asked.
“Forever. ”He said pulling me into a hug.
“Jack Barakat, you better get your hands off my best friend.” Matt whispered. I froze then looked at him. He had one eye open and was squinting. The others eventually all left the room and it was only Matt and I. I sat there in silence. It was an awkward silence and I’m not all sure why it was awkward. There was a knock and I saw Alex standing there.
“You left this in the car.” He said walking over to me with the photo of Mickey Mouse and me.
“Thanks, Alex.” I said. He smiled then walked out. Then it turned silence again. I looked around the room and avoided him. Why was this awkward?
“Jess.” Matt said then squeezed my hand. I looked at him and he smiled.
“You okay?” He asked. I nodded then handed him the photo.
“Thanks so much for letting us go to Disneyland.” I said. He turned the picture over and smiled.
“I love it. Thanks.” He said.
I shrugged,” It’s no problem. I wasn’t going to be in it but Drake insisted I did because Mickey is your favorite and I’m your best friend. Ehh, I don’t know.”
He laughed, “ Drake is a smart cookie.”
“I suppose so. Only sometime.” I smiled then glanced around.
“Do you want to talk about it?” I asked.
“Not really, no.” He said. I nodded then looked away. He pulled my hand and I looked at him.
“But I can sure use a hug.” He said. I laughed and stood up and leaned down slowly not to hurt him. He’s arms wrapped around me and we just stayed like that for a bit.
“I love you, Jess.” He whispered as we pulled away.
“I love you, too.” I said. He still had his arms around me and wasn’t letting go.
“No, I mean, I really love you. I have for some time. I was just too scared to say anything because I didn’t want to ruin our friendship and then this whole accident made me realize that life is too short to not take chances. I love you a lot.” He said. I looked him in the eyes not saying a word. He’s face moved in slowly and soon I felt his lips touch mine. Talk about sparks flying. He pulled away and we just looked at each other for a few moments.
“Did you feel anything?” He asked. I couldn’t form any kind of words so I just leaned in, pressing my lips against his lips. I pulled away and he smirked.
“Is that a yes you did?” He asked. I nodded.
“Yeah, I did. Matt, I’ve liked you for so long. I didn’t want to ruin our friendship by telling you my real feelings so I held them back.” I said.
“How long have you started liking me?” He asked.
“Sophomore year of high school.” I said softly. He sighed.
“That long, huh.” He said. I nodded.
“How about you?” I asked.
“First time I met you, I knew you were going to be special. I knew you were going to be a big part of my life. I’m glad you’re my best friend but I want to try something else. I want you to be my girlfriend.” He paused.
“So, how about it? Jess, will you be my girlfriend?” He asked. I took a deep breath and nodded. He pulled me closer and kissed me again.
“Well it’s about damn time.” I heard Jack voice. I pulled away from Matt and turned around and saw Jack, Alex, Drake, Vinny, Rian, Zack, Evan, Jeff, and Cloussy.
“Guys, try not to get a boner.” Matt chuckled. I raised my eyebrow.
“Gahh, you’re such a perv.” I said hitting his arms playfully.
“Abusive much.” Matt said.
“Damn straight. You’re my bitch now.” I laughed. Everyone laughed. Soon the medicine kicked in and Matt was out like a light. We all sat around and talked.
“I’m so happy you two are finally together.” Jack said. I smiled.
“Yeah, you want to see the photo I got for him?” I asked. He nodded and I grabbed the photo from the stand beside the bed and gave it to Jack.
“You guys are adorable. Two of Matt’s favorite things.” Jack said.
“Mickey Mouse and Disneyland, I know.” I said. He shook his head.
“What then?” I asked.
“Mickey Mouse and you.” He said. I smiled.
“He’s right.” Matt said in a sleepy voice. I looked at him.
“You’re amazing.” I said hugging him. So this whole week has been the best week of my life. I met Mickey Mouse, I got a picture of Mickey, I got jet lagged, I got to kiss Matt and now I’m his girlfriend. I love it, I love him.