Let The Games Begin

Introductions

Colton Nevatrix groaned as he sat up on the cold tiled floor, sleep swam through him like a drug. He looked around; noticing he wasn’t in New York’s forests anymore. He was in a small room where everything was white, the walls, the stationary stools, and even the tile. It all seemed too bright. When his eye came back into focus he saw strangers cluttering the floor around him. It was only a few moments later he located Cassiel Brooklyn, who was lying beside Jason Green and Elizabeth Ford.

Colton moved again and kicked something as he struggled to stand up. Sorrow’s blue catlike eyes snapped open, and she turned towards the unfamiliar stranger.

“Who the Hell are you?” she hissed, backing away from Colton, but bumped into Ella Taylor.

“I should be the one asking that,” Colton stared at her awestruck.

“Nathan!” Sorrow screamed, her long black hair whipped around her tiny form as she turned away from Colton. She located Nathan Kendricks just across from her. She hit his head repeatedly, waking him up, “You idiot! What did you do?!”

Nathan groaned, “I didn’t do anything, let me go back to sleep.”

“Dumbass,” Sorrow hissed, pulling his head up by his blonde hair. “Look around, does it look like we’re in Atlanta anymore?”

Nathan looked around; his thoughts were incoherent with drowsiness, but he still saw the faces of the other unnamed people. No, they were defiantly not in Atlanta, Georgia anymore.

Ella Taylor blinked her light brown eyes, put off by the voices accumulating around the room, “Jason?”

And one by one each of them woke up; some were defensive, like Alistair Cord and Sorrow. Others were intimidated, like Elizabeth Ford and Ella Taylor. But all of them were confused.

The room was soon filled with meaningless clamor, and frantic screams bounced off the wall, rattling everyone’s hearing. That is until one voice boomed over all the rest.

“BE QUITE!” Alistair ordered.

At once, everyone fell silent under the menacing gaze of Alistair Cord’s pale eyes.

“Now who are you imbeciles?” he barked out.

Cassiel stepped up first, though Zach Stead tried to hold her back, “My name is Princess Cassiel Nicole Brooklyn,” she introduced herself, formally. “If I may ask, who are you?”

“Prince Alistair Brandon Cord,” he stated coldly.

“I’ve never heard of you, what species do you rule?” Cassiel tilted her head to the side, pondering.

“Vampires, I can see your… two colleges are of the same race.”

“What the hell are two you smoking on? Vampires?” Jason Green scoffed looking at the two individuals.

They ignored his comment, “I know… well I knew the prince of vampires. His name was Michael Simmer,” Cassiel frowned slightly.

“All of you mortals are brain damaged, believe what you want. But I'm the prince,” Alistair bared his teeth at her.

Shane Launer pulled her behind him immediately.

“That’s enough,” Shane growled at Alistair, who just scrunched his nose in disgust. “Now I know some of you know each other. Separate into groups of the people you know.”

There were a total of five groups; two of them only had one person. The first group was Ella and Jason, the second was Sorrow and Nathan, the third and the largest was Cassiel, Shane, Colton and Zach, and Elizabeth Ford did not go near Alistair. She knew he didn’t like her even close to him.

“You don’t know anybody?” Ella asked her.

“Get over here, Elizabeth,” Alistair barked at her.

She rushed over to his side immediately.

“Alright,” Shane sighed, running his hand through his blonde hair, “let’s get on with the introductions, you first,” he pointed to Ella and Jason.

“I’m Jason Green and this geek is Ella Taylor,” he rolled his eyes at Ella. She stepped on his foot, and smiled as he cursed under his breath.

“And you?” Shane looked towards the other unnamed couple.

“I’m Nathan Kendricks and this is Sorrow.”

“Sorrow?” Zach asked.

“If you make fun of my name, it will be the last thing you ever say,” she threatened. Her catlike eyes narrowed at him, testing him.

“And we already know who you are,” Shane ignored their childish argument, looking at Alistair, and then he faced the dark brown headed girl, who never spoke a word since she woke up. “What’s your name?”

She looked at Alistair fearfully, but eventually murmered quietly, “El-Elizabeth Ford.”

“It’s nice to meet you,” the corner of Shane’s mouth twitched slightly, attempting to lighten the mood, “I’m Shane Launer.”

“And this is Zach Stead,” Cassiel continued inclining her hand towards the light brown haired man who stood next to her protectively, and then to the dark haired man, “and my fiancé, Colton Nevatrix.”

“Great, nice to meet you. Now can we please get out of here?” Sorrow crossed her arms across her chest as she glared at everyone in the room.

“Is she always like that?” Jason asked Nathan quietly.

“You have no idea,” he sighed.

Ella was the closest one to the door, but when she grasped the knob in her hand she felt a sharp shock of pain shoot through her arm. She released the door handle immediately, gripping her now numb arm mumbling curses under her breath.

“Are you alright?” Cassiel stared her worriedly.

“Fine,” Ella hissed out in pain, trying to shake feeling back into her arm, “but I don’t think the person who has us cooped up in here wants us out.”

“Let me try,” Sorrow made her way forward, careful not to touch the metal door.

She focused on the door, imagining ripping it off its hinges. But nothing happened. She focused harder, but still nothing. The door didn’t even budge.

“What?” Sorrow breathed, as she stared at the door confused. She waited, waited for something to happen.

“And how does this help us exactly?” Zach asked her.

She didn’t respond she just stared down at her hands, horrified.

“Okay,” Jason responded slowly, trying to piece together why this strange girl was in front of the door, standing silent with her jaw slightly ajar and her eyes wide. “Anyone else have a better idea?”

They all looked at each other, waiting for someone to step up. But no one did.

Elizabeth wanted to say something, but one look from Alistair; her head bowed in fear and stood silent.

“So… what now?” Nathan frowned as he looked around the quite bland room.

No one had an answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to my awesome friend A Heart Black n Blue for her amazing support! I can't thank you enough Hara!