Status: Done! Please comment! Working on the sequel!

Just a Girl

Just a Girl (12)

Cara’s POV

I woke up on something kind of hard, but squishy at the same time. It didn’t feel like the back seat of the van.

I opened my eyes and light filled them, making me blink a few times until I got used to it. I lifted my head to peer around and I realized that I had fallen asleep on Zeke. Memories of what happened before I fell asleep flooded into my mind.

“And sleeping beauty awakens!” Zeke announced.

“Well, it’s about time.” Andrew teased.

“How long was I asleep?” I asked groggily.

“About an hour and a half.” Mindy told me.

“Great.” I groaned.

“What?” Zeke asked.

“I missed an hour and a half of good scenery!” I exclaimed.

“Good scenery?” Zeke chuckled. “You mean a million trees?”

“That’s the reason I like road trips.” I explained.

“Seriously?” Mindy asked. “That’s the most boring part.”

“Yeah.” Andrew agreed. “The best part is getting to your destination, not looking outside at all the trees.”

“Well, not always the trees. It might be seeing a cool antique shop, or a pretty lake.” I said, getting up to sit on the other side of the van. Our position was killing my back.

Zeke pulled me back to him. “You’re warm!” He said. “Don’t leave or I’ll be cold.” He pleaded.

“I thought you were always warm.” I countered.

“Well you stole my sweatshirt!”

“Correction; you made me put your sweatshirt on because I fell in the snow.”

“But-”

“Alright, you two. Stop your lover’s quarrel. We are here.” Andrew interrupted.

I unzipped Zeke’s sweatshirt and threw it at him, replacing it with my own. I zipped it up as we turned into the parking lot. Andrew parked and I eagerly unbuckled myself, along with everyone else. I opened the van door and emerged into the cold winter air.

I carefully made my way to the back of the van and Andrew opened the back door. Everyone took their suitcases out and we walked toward the lodge. We entered through the large, wooden doors and went to the front desk to check in.

“Hi, my name is Heather. What can I do for you?” The receptionist asked.

“We’d like to check in.” Andrew said.

“Do you have a reservation?”

“Yes.”

“What name is the reservation under?”

“Chenn.” Andrew told Heather.

“Okay.” She said, typing a few things in her computer and then handing us our room key-card things.

“Wait, so we are all going to share a room?” I asked.

“Silly Cara.” Zeke chuckled. “We are going to share a cabin.” He explained.

“It’s huge.” Andrew added.

“Yeah, there are like 6 bedrooms.” Mindy chimed in.

“All the couples get to share a room.” Andrew said.

“But what about Zeke and I?” I asked, confused.

“Well, I know you guys aren’t a couple, but since your are the only single ones, you’ll be bunking together.” Andrew cringed, waiting for my reaction.

“There are two beds, right?” I asked.

Andrew took a deep breath. “One big one.”

My jaw dropped open. “Why did no one share this information with me before?!” I asked.

“We didn’t think you’d have such a problem with it. You and Zeke have slept together before.” Mindy said.

“Well I’m sleeping on the floor.” I said.

“Yes!” Zeke yelled. “I get the bed all to myself!”

I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Have fun sleeping on the floor for a week.” Andrew chuckled.

I sighed as we came to the front door of our cabin. Andrew reached out to put the card in the slot to unlock the door when it was abruptly ripped open. The first thing I saw was a gorgeous black haired and blue eyed boy. Then a semi-tanned, brown haired girl came to stand next to him.

“Oliver!” Andrew said in excitement.

“Took you guys long enough to get here.” The guy, Oliver I assumed, joked.

“We stopped for some food along the way.” Andrew explained.

“Well get your butts in here before you guys freeze to death.” Oliver said.

We all hauled our luggage into the cozy looking cabin.

“And who is this pretty little lady?” Oliver asked Andrew, making me blush. The girl who was standing next to Oliver glared at him and smacked his head.

“Oh, that’s Cara.” Andrew said. “Cara this is Oliver.” He introduced us.

“Hi.” He said extending his hand to me. I took it and his muscular hand enveloped mine, shaking it, and making me feel like I was a rag doll.

“Hi.” I returned.

“Cara, over here!” Zeke called, beckoning me over to him.

I did as I was told and walked over to him, struggling to pull my suitcase behind me.

“Let’s go see our room.” He said. I followed him through a wooden door and into a wooden room with a bed in the middle.

“It’s…” I trailed off, not knowing how to explain it.

“Yeah, yeah. Let’s unpack so we can go eat. I’m hungry.” Zeke complained. “I haven’t eaten since breakfast.”

“What about Burger King®?” I asked.

“I didn’t eat anything.” He paused. “I came straight to the van to see if you were okay.” He explained.

I immediately felt guilty. “You didn’t have to do that.” I said.

“I know. But I wanted to.” Zeke’s cool blue eyes bore into mine in an intense gaze. I stared back with my grayish-green eyes. We just stared at each other in silence until our door burst open and Andrew peeked in.

“Phew.” He said, pretending to wipe his forehead. “I was worried I’d walk in on something.” I saw Zeke smirk out of the corner of my eye.

“Did you need something?” I asked.

“Oh yeah, dinner in fifteen minutes.”

“Okay, thanks for letting us know.” Zeke said.

Andrew exited the room and I pulled my suitcase over to the dresser. “I get the top three drawers and you get the bottom two.” I told Zeke.

“Why do you get one more than I do?” Zeke asked.

“Two reasons.” I said. “One, I am a girl and therefore need more room for my clothes. And two, I called it.” I smiled.

“Fine.” Zeke huffed.

“Who’s gonna unpack first?” I asked.

“You can. I’ll unpack after dinner.”

“Okay.” With that I zipped open my suitcase and pulled out a few shirts. I opened the top drawer and deposited my shirts into it. The process went on like that until I got to my underwear. I didn’t want Zeke to see them! “Zeke.” I started.

“Yeah.” He said from his position, perched on the bed.

“Can you look away?” I asked turning to him. “Please?”

“Aw, are you embarrassed to have me see your undies?” Zeke laughed.

“No.” I pouted.

“I’m not looking away then.” He said.

I sighed and took my bras out of my suitcase and put them in the third drawer, then my underwear. I quickly shut it and zipped my suitcase back up, slipping it under the bed.

“That wasn’t so bad, was it?” Zeke asked.

I didn’t answer, but unzipped Zeke’s suitcase and rummaged through it until I found what I wanted.