Status: Done! Please comment! Working on the sequel!

Just a Girl

Just a Girl (29)

“Take a deep breath in.” The lady said as Rob took my hand and we intertwined our fingers.

I took a deep breath in and closed my eyes. I felt a tugging at my lip, but it didn’t hurt.

“And out.” She said.

I obeyed, letting my breath out, and as soon as I did, I felt a sharp pain in the left side of my lip. I kept my eyes closed, the pain soon fading, and coming back slightly. I assumed the lady was putting the ring in.

“Open your eyes.” She commanded in an assertive, but polite tone.

I once again obeyed, and a familiar set of bluish-greenish eyes were staring back at me. I lowered my eyes to my lip area, seeing a ring. It looked a bit out of place, just because I wasn’t used to it. I looked beyond the mirror and up at Rob, who gave me an assuring squeeze.

“That’s sick.” He smirked.

“You think so?” I asked, my words a bit slurred. It felt like there was something extremely big and hot in the left side of my mouth. But I figured it would feel like that.

Rob chuckled softly at me. I couldn’t blame him.

He handed the lady a 50 dollar bill and I shot him a look. We had discussed this before we got here. I was going to pay; I didn’t care if it was a date or not.

“C’mon.” Rob said, yanking at my hand.

As soon as we exited the tattoo parlor cold air rushed to greet us. It felt good on my lip, as hot as it felt.

I stopped and made Rob stop too because of his tight grasp on my hand.

“I told you that I was going to pay.” I stated.

“Yes.” He agreed. “And?”

“And you paid.”

“I was just being gentlemanly.” He defended.

“You’re lucky you’re cute.” I sighed in defeat. No use kicking another person out of my life. If I kept on, at the rate I was going, I’d be a lonely cat woman by the age of 19.

“You think I’m cute?” He smirked.

I blushed, not fully realizing, until now, that that had come out of my mouth.

“I-I…,” I faltered.

“It’s okay, because I think you’re cute too.” He smiled, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. He tugged me forward and we continued to his car.

We chatted about nothing extremely interesting or important on the way back to my house. Just exchanging random information and a few jokes here and there at what the other said.

“I would kiss you, but I’m afraid our lip rings might get caught. And that would hurt a lot…you know, since you just got it pierced.” He said. “Oh and make sure you don’t chew any gum or eat anything too hot. Just from personal experience.” He added.

“Thanks.” I said, gratefully. “I’ll text you later. Bye.” I smiled and got out of the car. I walked up the driveway smiling to myself. Life had returned to the greatness of that when I first came back here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cheesy? Check. Piercings? Check. Emo romance? Maybe...

Love you guys (:

<3 Kylie

Songs of the day:

Die Mannequin - Dead Honey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC_fMhQyteU
My Chemical Romance - Helena
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSNKCfxcYvE