Status: Done! Please comment! Working on the sequel!

Just a Girl

Just a Girl (28)

As soon as school was done, I slid my phone out of my pocket and texted Rob.

Me: Can u pick me up @ my school?

Rob: Be there in 15 (:

By now I had the learned my way around the building, so I easily navigated my way to the bench outside the school by the parking lot.

I plopped down onto it and set my backpack beside me. I took my iPod from my bag and put my headphones in. I picked my Marianas Trench play list because I was in a particularly good mood, even after what happened with Zeke this morning. That boy must be outside of his mind, thinking it’s okay to tell me what to do. Hadn’t he learned by now that the more he tries to force me not to do something, the more I wanted to do it?

At first I sang along in my head, but then I allowed my mind to wander. I traveled back to last night, thinking of how it took until we got into the van for Rob to ask me what had happened to my arm. I remembered how Rob told me that he excelled in school and was able to graduate a year early. I was ecstatic to graduate this year, but scared at the same time. I wasn’t really ready to enter the world yet.

I had never had a job. Zeke told me he could probably get me a job where he worked, but any hopes of that had gone out the window.

I really hated how all my thoughts led back to him. The way he took me in when I came here. The way he took control when I broke my arm. The way he comforted me after the fight with my brother. The way he didn’t even question me when I asked him to bring me home from my dad’s.

But now that was gone. Down the tubes, just because he didn’t think Rob is my type. Who did he think he was, trying to tell me who I can and can’t date?

“Hey, you ready?” Rob asked, staring down at me expectantly.

“Yeah.” I said, shaking my prior thoughts away.

“You okay?” He asked, concerned.

“I’m fine.” I said, managing a small smile.

I tried to pick my backpack up, but I found that with my broken arm it was pretty hard. I wondered how I’d done it this morning…maybe because it wasn’t so heavy.

“Here, let me get it.” Rob said, grabbing my bag and easily hoisting it up onto his shoulder.

“Thanks.” I mumbled, a bit embarrassed at my apparent lack of strength.

“Anything for the pretty lady.” He grinned.

I blushed, taking a sudden interest in my chipping nail polish. But I was so caught up in inspecting my nails that I didn’t realize we were stepping off the curb. My face was inches away from coming into contact with the ground when a strong pair of arms wrapped around my waist.

I blushed an even deeper shade of red, wondering if Rob was starting to think I was bit too hard to handle.

“Watch out.” He said, cracking a smile.

“Now you tell me.” I rolled my eyes.

“Are you going to be needing a ride every day?” Rob asked after silence had settled over both of us.

“Well…if you don’t mind.” I said, looking up at him to see his reaction.

“Not at all.” He assured. “I love having an excuse to drive my car.”

“Well I would be able to drive myself, but my mom and I only have one car, and she needs it to go to work.” I explained.

“I’m glad to help.” He said, the noise of car doors being unlocked becoming audible as we reached his car.

He chivalrously opened my door for me, and I got in, shooting him a thankful smile. I buckled myself while Rob got in and dropped my backpack off in the back.

I saw Rob starting to set his GPS up.

“Do you need my-”

“Nope. I’ve got it saved in here.” He cut me off, smirking.

“Oh.” I said, sinking back into the raggedy seat. It was a nice car in it’s day, but now it looked worn. It would still be nice to have your own car, even if it was a bit beat up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Sorry my updates are very slow, but I'm a slow typer :( But you can now follow me on FaceBook!

My page:
(Not sure how to post a link without myself being logged in yet, but you can search my username and my page will probably pop right up!)

Songs of the Day:
Beakeven by The Script
Come on Come on by Morgan Lauwrence